Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Elemental Magic [Concluded]

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Academy of Elemental Magic [IN PLAY]

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same as Riedquat, my corruption hasn't changed on the lynch of Igno (or ninja?)
    You didn't vote for Ninja when he got lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    You didn't vote for Ninja when he got lynched.
    But I did vote on Igno's lynch.

vote bsmith

so i'm really starting to question what the scum are up to; clearly one of the scums decided to go for khaan but with just 1 other non-khaan attack the other scum must have a simple entirely different focus.

lenses khaan

But I did vote on Igno's lynch.
    Which proves what?

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Vote: Bsmith

Vote Spectral khaan to Hand

I got 3 lynch votes and got corruption for the first (killing a human is a burden for the soul, etc). So unless Jarema has forgotten to give me more, you either only gain 1 corruption or can only go from 0 -> 1 through lynchings. Or lynching scum counts different.

That would be for the theory that 1 lynch -> 1 corruption, 2 more lynches -> 2 corruption, 3 more lynches -> 3 corruption etc. It doesn't seem to work that way.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

0-1 sounds correct. Something you're not saying Riedquat?

Unvote; Vote: BSmith (In case I am not already, can't remember)

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Vote: BSmith

Stuffz to khaan

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    I got 3 lynch votes and got corruption for the first (killing a human is a burden for the soul, etc). So unless Jarema has forgotten to give me more, you either only gain 1 corruption or can only go from 0 -> 1 through lynchings. Or lynching scum counts different.
    That's the same with me. One corruption for my first wrong lynch (NinjaCow) but none for my second (Ignoramus). However, note that not only does Riedquat claim to have not gained corruption, he also appears to be claiming he started with 0 corruption:

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    I do not understand much of anything in this game but this thing about your role and starting with corruption sounds a bit odd, more if we add the fact you think out there is another northmen who you don't know, Atpg and El Barto started with a quicktopic of their own to chat about the weather and you started with corruption and a missing partner? Really?

Btw, Atpg, El Barto, any of you started with corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Also of note, I believe this absolves my college of scum- we discussed our plan quite ahead of time in quicktopic.
    I admit I haven't been following the details of this game super close and am catching up mostly now, but I don't follow that or how in the past you said you are "98% certain" or whatever.

There are at least 2 scum factions and it seems certainly one of them doesn't have the goal to simply kill everyone around. In addition, I'm quite happy in asserting that the scum will happily go along with "let's not follow our VC of eliminating another college and simply stay alive guiz, this peace treaty is da best!". The scum can easily have items that make them scale faster than a townie (i.e. gain more XP or corruption), and giving more time before starting the college war disproportionately helps the scum.

Now obviously protecting you worked tonight and is all good, but considering all the attacks have been stacked on you last night (quite clearly scum oriented), what are all the people in other colleges doing besides explicitly going against what the rule says is the VC (i.e. why is there this armistice) and the scum happy in not killing anyone? Last night literally nothing happened, and I as a unaligned person I don't want to just give the scum a free pass to live as long as they fake act with their college.

I declined my random water college invite very early on n3 because I didn't want to go to a college where I had 0 AV and bother to spend the XP to raise that AV to go then kill other townies of the opposite college (pyromancer, I assume). I would rather spend that XP on DV and health as a unaligned, which payed off a tiny bit in a fire AV attack and certainly getting more and more health didn't hurt when mr. khaan's friends attacked me.

But I get confused when Mr water tincow (right, if I read things correctly?)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You killed the only man [head of waves] with decent taste in this college! DAMN YOU ALL!
    If that's the case, it was probably an attempt to frame the Water College and incite strife.

I'd like to request that the entire town stop with all the probing attacks for at least a little while and instead put some effort into finding the scum. There will be plenty of time for us to eliminate our opponents later, but that really should be done after the scum are caught. If we try and obliterate each other now we'll just be handing them a win. Scum-hunting is difficult enough in a game like this with non-fatal attacks and lynchings and the major restrictions on out-of-thread communication. We stand the best chance if we keep to ourselves at night and focus on lynching with a decent number each day.

goes around calling the head of the fire college a "wrong" lynch. Even if there is desire for a peace treaty, surely a little benefit like that is encouraging for when people finally have to break the little feel-good non-aggression pact.

I know that many (khaan, atpg, tincow, etc) seem to be asking for the colleges to take a pause from killing people and 'focus' on scum, but from my memory there has been almost no indication of the coordinated/"Devastating" 3 or more person attacks from people-from-the-same-college that actually indicates any real effort to do damage. There never was a college war to begin with, and I can imagine the scum even pushing forward for such a little peace treaty and kill people like me.

I don't see why a bunch of college educated folks in atpg's air or the geodudes, etc are not following their VCs (as I understand it from the rules, not being a part of a college myself) and people affiliated with those colleges attacking clearly unaligned people i.e. me, if you recall:

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    I will confirm the attack on Kennegit [sic] came from my college.
    but they don't work together (i.e. my attack was not enough damage to be a coordinated attack). I know atpg had the touchy feely good of "look at how the colleges worked together to get a scum! isn't that grrrrrreeeeeaaaattt!" when clearly there are scum amongst the colleges who aren't even that interested in killing people, and everyone else is doing half hearted 1 person attacks on people like me. Is everyone honestly that confident their college will be the final one standing?

i.e. I see almost nothing about the colleges being cleared of scums because with the colleges having a fake little temporary armistice, the scum will just go along with that armistice. This little "we'll 'clear' everyone in our college then kill noncollegites" is just going to get a person like me killed, while doing nothing to final scum. I don't want THAT to happen, since I want all the scum gone and not just purge out my own college of scum then cowboy on up to kill an enemy college.

This bsmith air business while not being air college makes sense, and that seems like a good case to me, but I'm quite worried about the delay in real scum hunting. For all we know the scum want to do some sort of timed vc, or were generating like +1 corruption a night with a little magic dagger or whatever and will reach some uber powerful super corrupt state where the town won't bring them down.

honestly I actually just don't know what the VC is for them is and at least 1 scums being quite content to sit around and not attack worries me, and such silly discussions about starting corruption is quite vain as the majority of living players started out "vanilla" with the scum amongst them, i.e. the scum would be mostly indistinguishable from the vanillas. Particularly since clearly some scum don't care about having an AV of 5 o 6 or whatever to kill, and some townies will start with 1 corruption.

tl;dr: the armistice will reach a nonprogress point that I believe is right now, kills time for the scum that could be getting stronger OR more importantly don't even have an eliminate victory condition, encourages people to invest in AV rather than DV for the final war and make it easier for the high AV scum to hide, and hypothetically I treat "anyone not following the town VC is going for a different VC" and that's kind of the whole principle of the armistice. You'll kill unaligned perfectly content townies like myself while 'clear' your own college, people who only got a single water college invite forever ago and didn't want to have a 0 av college, while the scum could work towards a non elimination VC or scale differently than townies

So let me get this straight, you're saying that the colleges should all kill each other in case there are scum hiding in them, just so that unaligned townies won't be attacked? Seriously?

So far one person outside a college has been killed. That person was scum. There are at least three more scum still attacking, the college leaders seem to have a close eye on their members' night actions. Therefore I feel there is a fair chance of these three remaining scum being in the 'unaligned' category. Why would we ignore them?

If you're so scared of being collateral damage then you ought to accept any invitations that come your way from now on. There is no disadvantage whatsoever to having low stats in the element of your college, so if you're innocent you have nothing to lose.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

The reason the unaligned scum are done for if they didn't join a college is....you get MUCH cheaper upgrades for that element. There is no reason not to join one, if you didn't, your gonna die a sad death.

Edit: I suspect the reason the scum didn't join a college, might have been to avoid the faction wars they suspected that would result. I think this truce is throwing them off big time.
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 12-02-2012 at 20:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennigit View Post
    I know that many (khaan, atpg, tincow, etc) seem to be asking for the colleges to take a pause from killing people and 'focus' on scum, but from my memory there has been almost no indication of the coordinated/"Devastating" 3 or more person attacks from people-from-the-same-college that actually indicates any real effort to do damage. There never was a college war to begin with, and I can imagine the scum even pushing forward for such a little peace treaty and kill people like me.
    I called for an end to the probing attacks, I never claimed we were involved in all-out war. Probing attacks themselves don't do much damage on their own, but cumulatively they can start to hurt. My request was partially selfish, as I had been on the receiving end of two in a row at the time I made the request. In any case, your argument is ridiculous. College in-fighting weakens the town due to hp attrition. Scum don't get automatic kills in this game, and even unprotected people can survive scum attacks if they are sufficiently healthy. So, the more hp the town as a whole has, the harder it is for the scum to get kills. In addition, the starting heads of the colleges are guaranteed innocents. Attacks against them decrease the town's chances of eliminating the scum. While the colleges will inevitably have to fight it out, it's in our collective interests to postpone that fighting until the scum are eliminated, or at least significantly reduced.

Kudos on your attempt to get the town to kill each other.

FoS: Kennigit

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I don't think I've ever seen Kennigit post a wall of words that size.

For his attempt to impersonatethepizzaguy, that earns him a raised eyebrow of tsk-tsk-ery.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I admit I haven't been following the details of this game super close and am catching up mostly now, but I don't follow that or how in the past you said you are "98% certain" or whatever.

There are at least 2 scum factions and it seems certainly one of them doesn't have the goal to simply kill everyone around. In addition, I'm quite happy in asserting that the scum will happily go along with "let's not follow our VC of eliminating another college and simply stay alive guiz, this peace treaty is da best!". The scum can easily have items that make them scale faster than a townie (i.e. gain more XP or corruption), and giving more time before starting the college war disproportionately helps the scum.
    Pretty simple. As I pointed out, we discussed the plans to protect me well ahead of time. I seriously doubt the scum would just go ahead and launch attacks against me anyways and waste their whole night phase. The 2% I mentioned earlier was basically a reference to the possibility that mechanics of the game worked differently than I and pretty much everyone else thought. Now, I think that's pretty irrelevent, for the logic I pointed out.

Now obviously protecting you worked tonight and is all good, but considering all the attacks have been stacked on you last night (quite clearly scum oriented), what are all the people in other colleges doing besides explicitly going against what the rule says is the VC (i.e. why is there this armistice) and the scum happy in not killing anyone? Last night literally nothing happened, and I as a unaligned person I don't want to just give the scum a free pass to live as long as they fake act with their college.

I declined my random water college invite very early on n3 because I didn't want to go to a college where I had 0 AV and bother to spend the XP to raise that AV to go then kill other townies of the opposite college (pyromancer, I assume). I would rather spend that XP on DV and health as a unaligned, which payed off a tiny bit in a fire AV attack and certainly getting more and more health didn't hurt when mr. khaan's friends attacked me.
    My college was pretty visible last night. I took a look at Bsmith, and I got protected. The other folk, well, whatever they're doing is up to them. I can't PM anyone, so it's not like I can exactly try to coordinate very effectively without giving everything away. I ordered my original vig on you out of a hunch and lack of better things to do that night.
    If you think I gave the folks in my school a free pass without doing my homework, you're quite mistaken. As for the other schools, well, that's up to them, I don't have the resources to do their job for them.
    But I get confused when Mr water tincow (right, if I read things correctly?)

goes around calling the head of the fire college a "wrong" lynch. Even if there is desire for a peace treaty, surely a little benefit like that is encouraging for when people finally have to break the little feel-good non-aggression pact.

I don't see why a bunch of college educated folks in atpg's air or the geodudes, etc are not following their VCs (as I understand it from the rules, not being a part of a college myself) and people affiliated with those colleges attacking clearly unaligned people i.e. me, if you recall:
    Colleges have more victory conditions than beating the snot out of each other. Primarily, beating the scum. Lynching innocents doesn't really help with that. Also, not all colleges want all other colleges defeated.

but they don't work together (i.e. my attack was not enough damage to be a coordinated attack). I know atpg had the touchy feely good of "look at how the colleges worked together to get a scum! isn't that grrrrrreeeeeaaaattt!" when clearly there are scum amongst the colleges who aren't even that interested in killing people, and everyone else is doing half hearted 1 person attacks on people like me. Is everyone honestly that confident their college will be the final one standing?

i.e. I see almost nothing about the colleges being cleared of scums because with the colleges having a fake little temporary armistice, the scum will just go along with that armistice. This little "we'll 'clear' everyone in our college then kill noncollegites" is just going to get a person like me killed, while doing nothing to final scum. I don't want THAT to happen, since I want all the scum gone and not just purge out my own college of scum then cowboy on up to kill an enemy college.
    Once again- I have ensured my college does not have scum. I can't ensure the same thing with the other schools, imo, but they have a better grasp of who's in and who's not, and dealing with them. I will do my best to help, but coordination is difficult when we're not allowed to pm. You trying to sow dissent and make us war with each other is... honestly the scummiest thing I've seen in a mafia game in a long, long time.

This bsmith air business while not being air college makes sense, and that seems like a good case to me, but I'm quite worried about the delay in real scum hunting. For all we know the scum want to do some sort of timed vc, or were generating like +1 corruption a night with a little magic dagger or whatever and will reach some uber powerful super corrupt state where the town won't bring them down.
    Wait, what. This doesn't count as "real" scum hunting? What, pray tell, is? I investigated someone, and used my knowledge of game mechanics to determine that he's a pretty decent bet. You have a better idea?

honestly I actually just don't know what the VC is for them is and at least 1 scums being quite content to sit around and not attack worries me, and such silly discussions about starting corruption is quite vain as the majority of living players started out "vanilla" with the scum amongst them, i.e. the scum would be mostly indistinguishable from the vanillas. Particularly since clearly some scum don't care about having an AV of 5 o 6 or whatever to kill, and some townies will start with 1 corruption.
    Pardon me? Are you insinuating that most people started with corruption? I'mma say "no" right now on that one. That's just untrue.

tl;dr: the armistice will reach a nonprogress point that I believe is right now, kills time for the scum that could be getting stronger OR more importantly don't even have an eliminate victory condition, encourages people to invest in AV rather than DV for the final war and make it easier for the high AV scum to hide, and hypothetically I treat "anyone not following the town VC is going for a different VC" and that's kind of the whole principle of the armistice. You'll kill unaligned perfectly content townies like myself while 'clear' your own college, people who only got a single water college invite forever ago and didn't want to have a 0 av college, while the scum could work towards a non elimination VC or scale differently than townies
    IDEK
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

well visorslash claims to have started on corruption, I'm not trying to say "oh go kill each other" but what I'm trying to say is so many people have written off "my college scum free 100% yes-sir, no doubt in my mind, 100% clear!" and I don't follow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post
    So far one person outside a college has been killed. That person was scum. There are at least three more scum still attacking, the college leaders seem to have a close eye on their members' night actions. Therefore I feel there is a fair chance of these three remaining scum being in the 'unaligned' category. Why would we ignore them?

If you're so scared of being collateral damage then you ought to accept any invitations that come your way from now on. There is no disadvantage whatsoever to having low stats in the element of your college, so if you're innocent you have nothing to lose.
    I think you misunderstand me, and it's pretty natural for the college people killed to be townies when 2/4 of the dead townies were head masters. I'm not saying don't ignore unaligned at all, just that I definitely think the current plan is "confirm my college, kill the rest". And I have serious doubts on how to confirm the people in your college, because "following the plan of the college" is not really clearing of anything imo. It clears them of being 3 attacking scum, and I believe with 2 scum teams there are more scum out there than 4 total in the game.

There are at least 2 scum factions and it seems certainly one of them doesn't have the goal to simply kill everyone around.
    I believe with 2 scum teams there are more scum out there than 4 total in the game.
    Why do you think there are two scum teams?

Why do you think there are two scum teams?
    OP?

I think you misunderstand me, and it's pretty natural for the college people killed to be townies when 2/4 of the dead townies were head masters. I'm not saying don't ignore unaligned at all, just that I definitely think the current plan is "confirm my college, kill the rest". And I have serious doubts on how to confirm the people in your college, because "following the plan of the college" is not really clearing of anything imo. It clears them of being 3 attacking scum, and I believe with 2 scum teams there are more scum out there than 4 total in the game.
    That would be a whole lot of scum. And why would the non-attacking scum just be sitting back? Sure they'll be getting more powerful with time but so will all the townies.

It's harder for scum to blend into colleges than you think, night attacks are monitored to make sure that the individual does not have a suspiciously high AV in any element, and corruption levels are possible to estimate from the write up. Okay so maybe there are some scum characters that have townie stats and are hiding in a college but there's no way to detect them and that is certainly no reason to stop going after the attacking scum, who are actively harming the town at the moment. We've killed one of them and have a reasonable case against BSmith.

It is not simply a case of kill everyone outside the colleges but considering that there are no disadvantages whatsoever for a townie to join a college it does make people look suspicious. When we back that suspicion up with more evidence why would we not go after them? I still don't understand what you are suggesting, do you want us to start lynching our own college members just in case they managed to slip through the tests? You're really not helping yourself here...

OP?
    Let's pretend like I never made that post.

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Okay I am back I kind of ignored this game a little after the first couple of rounds with my lynching twice I had next to no health thus I expected to die very soon. However this has turned out to not be the case.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Okay I am back I kind of ignored this game a little after the first couple of rounds with my lynching twice I had next to no health thus I expected to die very soon. However this has turned out to not be the case.
    Most believable explanation for not being here.... ever.

Congrats. If this is a lie, I totally eat it up. Num num nummy numms.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Tally:
    BSmith (14): Issaikhaan, White Eyes, ATPG, Chaotix, Edse, Elite Ferret, Riedquat, LazyMcCrow, Alsark, Visorslash, Kennigit, Ironside, johnhughtom,
    Riedquat: TinCow

Item tally:
    Issaikhaan (9): Issaikhaan, White Eyes, TinCow, Riedquat, LazyMcCrow, Alsark, Kennigit, Ironside, johnhughtom,

Without much doubt, BSmith was chosen to death. Almost all college members encircled him, and throw all their magic at him. What was left of his body, looked like som kind of... paté?
    BSmith was unaffiliated townie! He was innocent!
    no, in fact BSmith was a Cult Enforcer, member of the Defilers

Spectral Hand goes to the Issaikhaan.

Night six begins
    Last edited by Jarema; 12-03-2012 at 10:33.

All hail the great and powerful and terrifying khaan.

Also, lime green looks just.... just atrocious. Please, I BEG of you, turn that into um... a color that doesn't cause retinal cancer.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Well
    Defilers should defile. I was looking for most... rotten? ... corrupted? color, and also one that will not be too similar to colors of colleges. I was thinking about pink, but it was overkill
    Last edited by Jarema; 12-03-2012 at 11:24.

On the plus side, I can't really see it anymore because my eyes are bleeding too much. So the problem solves itself.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    All hail the great and powerful and terrifying khaan.
    I second this.

Just one more and he well reach "Mage-God" status.

Cult? CULT!!?!?!?!?!

Now I'm scared.
    But there ARE smilies on this forum! They are just well hidden. Hence the couch.
    I like Mafia! Play it at CFC! (and TWC)
    Why don't you have a bunch of quotes by famous and not-so-famous people?
    "There is no need to link Socialism to Evil, I live in Europe and have Free Speech." - strijder20 (lolwut?)
    "This thread is a either testament to the mods not giving a crap about us or their ability to be amused by our antics." - DoubleA (On this thread)

Do we receive stat updates before Night is over?

you will receive stat updates.
    it will be today or tommorow (in real time), so before end of night

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast