Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1128

Thread: Academy of Elemental Magic [Concluded]

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Academy of Elemental Magic [IN PLAY]

I do not think Ironside is scum.

In any case, here's some food for thought: we haven't had more than one night attack that was clearly identified as scum for several nights. The town has been so disorganized for the last few rounds that the mafia should have been killing to the maximum of their ability. I therefore conclude that they have been doing just that, which indicates that the remaining scum faction is quite small and almost certainly not capable of recruiting. If they were able to recruit, half of you would be in their faction by now and the night attacks would be nuts. But they are not. Therefore they cannot recruit. We have not killed any of them, which means their inability to recruit is due to their inherent nature, not the loss of a recruiter. Therefore they have never been able to recruit. Therefore starting headmasters cannot possibly be members of the remaining scum faction. Therefore Ironside and 'khaan are innocent.

We are likely dealing with a scum faction composed of one, maybe two, who cannot recruit. My money is on one serial killer style role.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    Your not exactly the most trustworthy source here....(edse lynch is still kinda fresh in my mind).

I recommend we wait for a night and scan Chaotix to be sure. If Ironside and Pizzaguy are scum, it's going to be hard to get the votes up to lynch them.

Vote:Ironside

I would rather have a tie for now until I can make sense of this.
    You are aware that Chaotix just lied about his corruption score?

That's not a question about my trustworthyness, but about Chaotix's. You're running around with more than 1 now, unlike Chaotix appearently.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion, if there was three-four mafia we would have been screwed by now....he is even using weaker earth attack's, rather then fire to try and make it seem like an Earth College attack. (I seriously doubt they would attack their our people)

Chaotix was also mega-attacked by three scum-bag's on night 5...I really don't think he is our SK. (I believe one of them was our fire-killer-in-training)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Maybe....maybe not. Give me another night to scan him, or just vig-kill him...you guys are not very trustworthy after edse and another mislynch of a fellow college member would just upset me enough to kill you, guilty-or-not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside
    That's not a question about my trustworthyness, but about Chaotix's. You're running around with more than 1 now, unlike Chaotix appearently.
    Yeah, I have three...maybe four after that whole EF lynch.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion, if there was three-four mafia we would have been screwed by now....he is even using weaker earth attack's, rather then fire to try and make it seem like an Earth College attack. (I seriously doubt they would attack their our people)

Chaotix was also mega-attacked by three scum-bag's on night 5...I really don't think he is our SK. (I believe one of them was our fire-killer-in-training)
    None ever survives a mega attack of 3 scum. Two are defiler attacks, those who dropped El barto by night 6, no idea who the third was, but he can't been scum or Chaotix would've died there already. Or they were and Chaotix got plenty of corruption and extra health from the start (someone is supposed to have started with 14).

Maybe....maybe not. Give me another night to scan him, or just vig-kill him...you guys are not very trustworthy after edse and another mislynch of a fellow college member would just upset me enough to kill you, guilty-or-not.
    I deserve to be lynched if that's the case. My main issues is if we can do a no lynch, at all and if it's a two person faction (one thief and one hitter) they might be able to mess with scan results.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Vote: Chaotix

To clearify, my headmaster scan showed that Chaotix had severe corruption (6+).

Now you can either believe me or Chaotix.

Were's the points for voting an innocent to death?
    I believe the only innocent I lynched was Xenoneb, and I didn't get any corruption for lynching him.

I don't know why, but I know that other players have gotten corruption for lynching some players but not others.

To be sure, I will go back and look at all of the lynches to see where my votes were. I'm pretty sure Xenoneb was the only one...

If we are looking at the one scum attack at night to see who is guilty - you should take note that I have been scanning with this bogus lens every night for the past two nights.

Also, the rest of my night results- this is perhaps the most important part. Both my Jade Katana and the Elemental Lens were stolen from me. So somebody either wants them or wants them away from me.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Here's my votes:

D1: johnhughthom. Captain Blackadder was lynched by a weak majority, did not die.
    D2: Captain Blackadder. Arjos and CB were tied for the lead, did not die.
    D3: issaikhaan. NinjaCow was lynched. (Innocent)
    D4: Askthepizzaguy. Ignoramus was lynched. (Innocent)
    D5: Arjos, who was lynched. (Cult)
    D6: BSmith, who was lynched. (Cult)
    D7: Riedquat, who was lynched. (Cult)
    D8: Kennigit, who was lynched. (Cult)
    D9: Xenoneb. edse was lynched. (Innocent)
    D10: Elite Ferret, who was lynched. (Innocent) - this is where I made a mistake. More on that later.
    D11: Xenoneb, who was lynched. (Innocent)

So, two innocents. That made me think something was wrong here.

I went back through all my PMs from Jarema and I did find that I actually have 2 Corruption. I got one point from lynching Elite Ferret that I must have forgotten about - been a while since I got a stat update. The other point is from TinCow. Still got nothing from Xenoneb.

----

For the record, Ironside's vote was on the lynchee for the NinjaCow, Ignoramus, edse, and Xenoneb.
    He was also on the bandwagon for Arjos, BSmith, Riedquat, and Kennigit.

In fact, Ironside appears to have voted with the bandwagon for every single lynch that resulted in a death with the sole exception of Elite Ferret.

I don't know what to make of that, but it does suggest he ought to have at least 2 and at most 4 corruption from lynches, not counting night attacks.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I don't want to see Ironside killed today.

White Eyes and Khaan, you guys scan him.

Or scan Chaotix to confirm what he's saying.

If the theory about a SK is correct we're only helping him with these bad lynches, and face facts, he's not going anywhere and he's not recruiting, ergo we dont need a christmas miracle to win and we dont need to keep spinning our wheels and getting more stuck in the mud.

We can be calm and smart about this. Trust, but verify.

I don't believe everyone who is voting is guilty,or else the game would be over. So therefore let's proceed with prudent caution.

Tincow is right. I suggest we vote No Lynch today, much to my disappointment.

Unvote, vote: NO LYNCH
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I do not think Ironside is scum.

In any case, here's some food for thought: we haven't had more than one night attack that was clearly identified as scum for several nights. The town has been so disorganized for the last few rounds that the mafia should have been killing to the maximum of their ability. I therefore conclude that they have been doing just that, which indicates that the remaining scum faction is quite small and almost certainly not capable of recruiting. If they were able to recruit, half of you would be in their faction by now and the night attacks would be nuts. But they are not. Therefore they cannot recruit. We have not killed any of them, which means their inability to recruit is due to their inherent nature, not the loss of a recruiter. Therefore they have never been able to recruit. Therefore starting headmasters cannot possibly be members of the remaining scum faction. Therefore Ironside and 'khaan are innocent.

We are likely dealing with a scum faction composed of one, maybe two, who cannot recruit. My money is on one serial killer style role.
    Nonsense! Never passed your mind there might be some conditions for the recruitment to succeed? And if there is another way to become scum...

Chaotix was who didn't seem very eager to vig a couple of nights ago, that act alone doesn't seem very scummy to me... also he went ahead to check the lenses accuracy avoiding lynching Pizza and clear a bit the confusion... 1+1+1 he seems town to me, and no, he is not my master!

Chaotix was also mega-attacked by three scum-bag's on night 5...I really don't think he is our SK.
    Lets say defilers attacked him... how it proves he is not a serial killier? We didn't attack him, so he was attacked by other schools or by other mafia or by ateam of unsuccessful SK's in training... wow...

Yeah, I have three...maybe four after that whole EF lynch.
    You don't control your corruption score? If you are a good townie and it raises make town a favor and kill yourself!

None ever survives a mega attack of 3 scum. Two are defiler attacks, those who dropped El barto by night 6, no idea who the third was, but he can't been scum or Chaotix would've died there already. Or they were and Chaotix got plenty of corruption and extra health from the start (someone is supposed to have started with 14).

I deserve to be lynched if that's the case. My main issues is if we can do a no lynch, at all and if it's a two person faction (one thief and one hitter) they might be able to mess with scan results.
    If someone care to know, I think you fooled everyone so far, included my master and I; first we don't think jarema would throw a messing item out there just to mess the town so badly, the lenses were working at the start, we were concerned about them, the lenses were compromised when they were used first time, of course who did it needed to know who had them, and remember the write up, a shadow separating of its body, where went that shadow? Many thought it was a recruitment, but no recruitment has had a mention in any write-up, and lets be honest it didn't look like a recruitment, more like a power used to contaminate an item, you contaminated the lenses, unluckily for you it resulted in the accusation of another headmaster and pizza's paranoia pointing at you, now that town cleared the situation about the lenses you need a new scape-goat...

The defilers see you for what you really are, scum!

My master offers, lynch the scum now and he will duel your chosen champion tonight! Vote: Ironside!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I believe the only innocent I lynched was Xenoneb, and I didn't get any corruption for lynching him.

I don't know why, but I know that other players have gotten corruption for lynching some players but not others.

To be sure, I will go back and look at all of the lynches to see where my votes were. I'm pretty sure Xenoneb was the only one...

If we are looking at the one scum attack at night to see who is guilty - you should take note that I have been scanning with this bogus lens every night for the past two nights.

Also, the rest of my night results- this is perhaps the most important part. Both my Jade Katana and the Elemental Lens were stolen from me. So somebody either wants them or wants them away from me.
    err.. the maths about getting corruption are not so hard to get, check between the living ones
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I don't want to see Ironside killed today.

White Eyes and Khaan, you guys scan him.

Or scan Chaotix to confirm what he's saying.

If the theory about a SK is correct we're only helping him with these bad lynches, and face facts, he's not going anywhere and he's not recruiting, ergo we dont need a christmas miracle to win and we dont need to keep spinning our wheels and getting more stuck in the mud.

We can be calm and smart about this. Trust, but verify.

I don't believe everyone who is voting is guilty,or else the game would be over. So therefore let's proceed with prudent caution.

Tincow is right. I suggest we vote No Lynch today, much to my disappointment.

Unvote, vote: NO LYNCH
    You can't be more wrong, think about this! What do you think he has been doing night after night? Nothing? Do you realize there is a big chance he has more than one action per night? What has he been doing? The analogy you use about getting stuck in the mud fits for the no action too, because he is doing something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    You can't be more wrong, think about this! What do you think he has been doing night after night? Nothing? Do you realize there is a big chance he has more than one action per night? What has he been doing? The analogy you use about getting stuck in the mud fits for the no action too, because he is doing something!!
    Listen. When I have been mafia and my team was on the brink of failure, my goal after that was to make sure town lost anyway. Whatever other scums there were, I'd try to help.

You're a beyond untrustworthy source. Don't you think my original theory was that he was scum? I've tried to kill him several times now, by lynch, and by my own hand. I can't do it alone.

But while I've been pathetically flailing at him, he's put on as convincing a "good townie" act as I've ever seen, and I think that deserves some leeway.

Further, if my original hypothesis was correct and he was scum, then we should have lynched him the day I figured it out instead of edse. And I still get the gratification of having solved it.

And finally, he's not going anywhere. If he's scum today he will be scum tomorrow, and I don't think the game will end before then.

Now you've been quite an amusing diversion but you're not going to make a sale today. Kindly quit trying.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I scanned ironside last night, guys. He's clean. 1-2 corruption.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Do we vote for Chaotix, pick a random person, or No Lynch?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Listen. When I have been mafia and my team was on the brink of failure, my goal after that was to make sure town lost anyway. Whatever other scums there were, I'd try to help.
    Well... that is nice but honestly I'm not trying to help town to lose, I want the other mafia to lose.

You're a beyond untrustworthy source.
    You hurt my feelings here...

Don't you think my original theory was that he was scum? I've tried to kill him several times now, by lynch, and by my own hand. I can't do it alone.
    You are not the only who can't do it alone! Haven't you all realized that by now?

But while I've been pathetically flailing at him, he's put on as convincing a "good townie" act as I've ever seen, and I think that deserves some leeway.
    Here we completely agree. The convincing good townie deserve an oscar!

Now you've been quite an amusing diversion but you're not going to make a sale today. Kindly quit trying.
    Thank you! Ok, I won't keep pushing for his head instead I ask you and the rest of town, against my own master advice, to vote someone, at least get rid of the supposed inactives.
    Last edited by Riedquat; 12-26-2012 at 04:28. Reason: to many o's in lose :)

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Do we vote for Chaotix, pick a random person, or No Lynch?
    Ironside, or a certain person I attacked because of their lampshadealicious inactivity.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

How do you know I'm town, Riedquat?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

you were starting innocent and his cult hasn't recruited you. Are you loosing the touch pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    you were starting innocent and his cult hasn't recruited you. Are you loosing the touch pizza?
    It's losing. The two o's only apply when something is not very tight, as in, physically very loose or sloppy. Loose enough to hold both o's, think of it that way.

Such as loose spelling.

I'm usually not a spelling nazi but it's been bugging me for several posts.

How do you know his cult hasn't recruited me?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

It's losing. The two o's only apply when something is not very tight, as in, physically very loose or sloppy. Loose enough to hold both o's, think of it that way.

Such as loose spelling.

I'm usually not a spelling nazi but it's been bugging me for several posts.
    Thanks! I appreciate being corrected, that's the way to learn after all... that and studying, but I'm too old to study!

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    I don't know for sure. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    WOW....might as well thrust the dagger in a few inch's deeper. I suggest Khaan or Ironside scan him because he sure turned on his own college faster then El Barto did. (First edse, now this?)

WOW....might as well thrust the dagger in a few inch's deeper. I suggest Khaan or Ironside scan him because he sure turned on his own college faster then El Barto did. (First edse, now this?)
    What's this? Kill me then scumbag,

Lynch Chaotix, then lynch White eyes. Water college is cleaning house.

Umm. Fear grow in my mind... question, what would happen if chatoix turns innocent?

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Umm. Fear grow in my mind... question, what would happen if chatoix turns innocent?
    The game goes on and someone else gets lynched.

In order to find the scums, someone is going to have to betray his own college.

I was certainly willing, still am. But the evidence suggests Ironside and myself are not the source of town's woes.

My suggestion is to keep looking but Chaotix is more corrupt than he's suggesting, or Ironside is guilty and there's a lot of information out there that's also wrong about him.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

It's just how fast he turned on his own college....even Khaan is showing more restraint then him.

Regurdless, I must kill Visorslash for instantly thinking the whole water college is scum the second I suggest scanning him.

It's just how fast he turned on his own college....even Khaan is showing more restraint then him.

Regurdless, I must kill Visorslash for instantly thinking the whole water college is scum the second I suggest scanning him.
    Or you and Khaan could both scan him.

I realize that the idea of hitting members of your own college throws the water college win into question but it's not the whole college that needs to die, just whatever scum is inside it.

If you don't want the whole college dead, it behooves you to be a bit prudent in choosing which person should die. Otherwise you'll just have to keep guessing and that's more harmful than simply making accusations.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    The game goes on and someone else gets lynched.
    No!! Really?? What an amazing game is this with so many new features...

Chaotix, you're in danger of me reversing and voting for you.

Tell me something.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also, out of curiosity. What is my AV that you scanned, White_eyes?

I disagree with your assessment as to my capabilities, or lack thereof. So I'm requesting a specific number to see if you're just bluffing.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast