Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Played through Enemy Within on Impossible. First crack at the game. The startup is murder untill you figure out the satellites and stuff. Later on, two Squadsight snipers and save scumming got me through to the end. It is an icnredible, awesome, fun and stimulating game. I loved every second of it.

I'm going to do Impossible/Ironman now. I got rekt like 20 times on the first two missions, and one time I didn't get the UFO before the 11th so I couldn't afford the necessary satellites.

Anyone have any experience with the Long War mod?
    It's harder, long and drags out in the end.

The big shift is harder battles at the trade of you being able to lose or not participate in battles. A lot. EXALT are heavily buffed, to the point that it wouldn't surprise me if later patches nerfed them.

The air battles are a bigger deal, the tech tree is longer, the new classes are quite variable.

New starting openings are needed, science labs matters.

All in all, well worth playing, in particular if you like it to be more brutal. Start out with "Not So long war" to try it out. It took me something like 200 hours to finish one ordinary campaign and a lot of that felt very repetitive.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Where is the sequel?

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Heads up: free weekend if there's anyone out there that hasn't checked this out yet. Additionally if you try it and like it the main game is $7.49 and the whole package is a mere 10 bucks. Great game if you've not taken a look and have any interested in TBS games.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011