Thread: Gaming Confessions

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Gaming Confessions

A podcast I listen to just did a segment on gaming confessions; essentially, various gaming related things that you tend not to say because you know that most of the internet would want to lynch you if they found out. This can be major games you never played or didn't like, unpopular views on an entire genre, or really anything that you think would make the intarwebs gasp in horror. I'll get started.

I didn't play Fallout 1 until after Fallout 2, and then I didn't like it, thought it was boring, and never finished it. I think Fallout: New Vegas is the best game in the series. I also loved Fallout: Tactics.
    Whenever I play Baldur's Gate, I reroll my character for as long as it takes to get super stats, sometimes upwards of an hour. I did the same thing in some of the gold box games.
    I've never played STW, and I registered on this site to get info on MTW, which I had pirated.
    Speaking of which, I've probably pirated close to 100 games over the years (though I haven't pirated a single game in at least 4 years).
    I never finished either Witcher game, and I don't really like them.
    I think game consoles are toys and that gamepads are for children. It pleases me that console gamers are so miserable over the current lack of next-gen consoles.
    With the exception of X-Wing Alliance, I've played every single flight sim and space sim with a mouse instead of a joystick. I only used a joystick on X-Wing Alliance because I didn't realize it couldn't be played with a mouse until after I bought it.
    I pulled the ethernet cable out of my computer a few times to avoid losing a MP match of Starcraft I.
    I've never played a single JRPG other than the first three Zelda games, but I think they're crap anyway.
    I played Mass Effect 1 & 2 and loved them, but I have no interest in Mass Effect 3 and will never play it.
    I owned a Power Glove. I bragged about how awesome it was at school all the time, but it was a piece of junk and I hated it.
    I never finished Thief 1, and never played any of the sequels. I also never played Deus Ex (the first one), System Shock (either), Counter-Strike, or any of the original X-Com games.
    I think voice acting is one of the worst things to happen to gaming.
    The only Ultima games I ever played were III and VII, and I never finished either. (I also owned IX, but that can't be considered 'playing.')
    I loved Doom 3 and played it several times. I think it's the scariest game I've ever played. I found Amnesia boring and didn't finish it.
    I don't use WASD.

That should be good for now...
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-26-2012 at 21:41.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Gaming Confessions

I've had all the Half Life games on my Steam account for about 4 years and haven't installed any.
    I prefer FF8 to 7.
    I found the hotel level of VTM:B pretty boring.
    I've never actively pirated a game, though have received a few pirate copies of games and played them. I did buy them all afterwards though.
    I gave in and played ME3 a few weeks back.
    I use the lame corner camp against the computer in Total War games.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I, like you, wont buy ME3 even though for a time I was obsessed over the first two ME games. This is because I lost the savegame files for almost 200 hours of gameplay with 8 different characters and I dont want to do it all over again. And no I wont get one of the savegame files over the internet because that is lame.

I have way more games than I can play. Like LA Noire and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. And oftentimes Ill buy a game, play for a few hours, then never play again even though I liked the same. Like Galactic Civ II.

And I cant get into GTA IV.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Commentary:

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I didn't play Fallout 1 until after Fallout 2, and then I didn't like it, thought it was boring, and never finished it.
    HERESY.

I think Fallout: New Vegas is the best game in the series.
    *ambiguous death threats*

I think game consoles are toys and that gamepads are for children. It pleases me that console gamers are so miserable over the current lack of next-gen consoles.
    Brofist

With the exception of X-Wing Alliance, I've played every single flight sim and space sim with a mouse instead of a joystick. I only used a joystick on X-Wing Alliance because I didn't realize it couldn't be played with a mouse until after I bought it.
    I recently tried TIE Fighter again in DOSBOX using the mouse. I .... liked it. I feel dirty admitting this.

I pulled the ethernet cable out of my computer a few times to avoid losing a MP match of Starcraft I.
    Guilty here as well.

I never finished Thief 1, and never played any of the sequels. I also never played Deus Ex (the first one), System Shock (either), Counter-Strike, or any of the original X-Com games.
    You're killing me here.

I think voice acting is one of the worst things to happen to gaming.
    Amen.

I loved Doom 3 and played it several times. I think it's the scariest game I've ever played.
    Also loved it, still play it once in a few years, but not scariest. Scariest was Undying.

I don't use WASD.
    SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU.

My turn:

I rarely pirate games these days, not out of principle, but because there aren't really any new games I want to play. I always 'test drive' before I buy.

I utterly hate the Call of Duty series starting at COD4, the only redeeming mission in it was the AC-130 mission.

Thief 3 was utter crap. Like Deus Ex:IW crap bad.

Console/PC portability are the main reason by far that gaming has gone into a sharp decline the past few years. The second main reason is casual gaming/gamers.

I absolutely believe that piracy helps gaming far more than it hurts it.

I secretly hated playing Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 in the arcade, because I was horrible at them.

The Monkey Island series are horribly boring, as are almost all of the SCUMM/point and click type games.

I hated Arcanum and could only force myself to play for an hour before I had to stop.

I once spent about 6 hours straight playing the last match in Quake 3 until I beat Xaero on Nightmare.

I beat Actraiser within 5 hours of buying it at the store, even so it's still one of my favorite SNES games.

I hate System Shock 1. I love System Shock 2.

I've tried no less than 5 times throughout the years to play Deus Ex:IW for the story, but can only put up with around an hour of "gameplay" before I have to quit because it sucks so bad.

I've spent probably $300 or more at Good Ol Games because it's wonderful, and partially because I feel like buying some of the games I pirated ages ago and never paid for them until now.

I loathe all MMOs and have not played one to this day. I also despise all games that require one to be online to play.

I never finished Starcraft 1, Brood War, or Warcraft 2 or 3 without cheating most of the entire game. I still lost a few missions even with heavy cheating.

I hate Oregon Trail.

When in early high school, I composed and executed an extremely detailed and sophisticated campaign of half truths and deception for the sole purpose of getting my parents to buy a new PC so I could play TIE Fighter, since it didn't work worth a crap on our 386. It worked, we got a brand new Pentium 90.

I ignored the following games when they were new because they didn't seem interesting at all, and regret the decision completely for each one:
    - Fallout 1, Fallout 2, System Shock 2, KOTOR.

I teared up a bit when Aeris died.

I have a bit of trouble playing as a true Dark Side character in KOTOR 1 and 2, as I genuinely feel bad about some of the decisions and outcomes.

I would say of all the games I've pirated throughout my life, about 20% of them I never played even once.

I don't like the GTA series at all.

I managed to make until 2000 through the Mechwarrior 2 games, Mechwarrior 3, and Mechcommander until someone clued me in that Battletech was actually a huge thing and a pen and paper RPG.

I would spend hours on end at my dad's store in early grade school "playing" with MS Paint in Windows 3.11 on his office computer. I would make huge, huge maps of pixelated ships, aircraft carriers, forts, etc then "blow them up". Think Minecraft-level OCD.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I no longer play fifa soccer games since fifa 2007, because I always yell and hit my keyboard out of sheer frustration when I lose.
    I also use the lame corner camp tactic agains the AI in TW games.
    I have plenty of games I didn't play at all or only played for less than 15 minutes. Among them are The Witcher II, LA Noire, Bioshock and Assassins' creed II.
    I loved R:TW vanilla and it's probably the game I've spent the most hours on, which is considered blasphemy around here.
    At uni, we played a soccer manager game and each controlled a team. When our teams had to play against each other, we sat in front of a tiny PC screen, with pizza and beer, yelling at the screen. The graphics were awful and you could hardly see what was going on. We once played well into the night and everybody else in the building hated us the day after which I didn't care about, since I was dying from the mother of all hangovers.
    I had to use cheatcodes to beat the final level of Warcraft III.
    I didn't like Dragon Age : Origins and quit playing after an hour or so.
    Last edited by Andres; 11-26-2012 at 23:16.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

I play League of Legends more than occasionally.

The only Total War game I played properly is Shogun 2.

I played 45 minutes of Bioshock, and dislike it heavily.

I hate the COD series as well. I only play COD4 on multiplayer with friends over LAN.

I practiced (and still practice) Age of Empires II.

I like GTA IV more than San Andreas.

I used to pirate games as well way before games started going online. Now, I just buy everything.

I cheated in my first hour of Skyrim. I played legit (somewhat) after that.

I pirated Sleeping Dogs since I heard there were compatibility issues. I had the intention of buying it, if it worked. Sadly, it didn't.

I biggest joy I find in gaming is to troll/annoy NPC's.
    Last edited by spankythehippo; 11-26-2012 at 23:36.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

-I felt the dialogue of the Witcher series is some of the most melodramatic and terribly voiced efforts i've seen in modern RPGs. Following up on that, I felt the first Witcher game was the most immature attempt at being "adult oriented" I've ever seen from a major game studio. The Witcher II was better, but not by much.

-I was totally okay with Mass Effect 3's original ending, and this is from someone who played the original ME to completion 16 times. I only rolled my eyes and began to anticipate/desire the Extended Cut DLC when it became clear the writers had no idea what they really wanted to say with their ending. 'Artistic Vision' These days it's probably just best to get a headcanon.

-Metro 2033 is the best single-player FPS I've ever played and completely blows anything else in the genre away. I hated it at first, but it grew on me and is now in my top 10 fav of all time. Very few modern games build a world and an atmospheric experience like Metro did. If THQ goes under and we don't get "Last Light" I will be very sad.

-I save-scum when it suits my needs. I try really hard not to these days, though.

-I think Obsidian is a terrible development studio who doesn't know the first thing about project management.

-Guild Wars 2 is a terrible game because reasons.

-I think Minecraft is a great game, but its creator is a pie in the sky dreamer who gets easily side-tracked over silly things, only serving to hurt his projects. His departure from the game's dedicated dev team has only been a good thing for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    I didn't play Fallout 1 until after Fallout 2, and then I didn't like it, thought it was boring, and never finished it. I think Fallout: New Vegas is the best game in the series. I also loved Fallout: Tactics.
    This is a confession? I thought it was common knowledge that Fallout 2 was simply the better game, in any number of ways, over FO1. The soundtrack is to this day one of the few things (gaming related) that i keep on my ipod. As for New Vegas it's actually a really good game and turned out way better than Fallout 3 after they patched it into oblivion... no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    You missed out, i'm sad to say. Deus Ex in particular hasn't aged very well. As someone who played it retroactively as opposed to when it came out, it just doesn't pop out to me as amazing in very many ways. Not saying it's bad or undeserving of it's place in history mind you, most of what is in that game was revolutionary back when it came out. Just saying that was twelve years ago. Playing it now likely won't have the same impact on your gaming senses, least it didn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom
    I prefer FF8 to 7.
    I don't even know where to start with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    I didn't like Dragon Age : Origins and quit playing after an hour or so.
    Nor you!

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    -I think Obsidian is a terrible development studio
    DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    who doesn't know the first thing about project management.
    Ok, this bit's fair.

I love Pro Evolution Soccer 2, over some of the newer soccer games, and I don't know why. I do enjoy FIFA multiplayer with friends (yelling and screaming everywhere), though I would never but the game, even though I enjoy it.

I have pirated a few games in my time, but I generally buy a copy of it anyway. I've bought two copies of Age of Empires 1 and 2 and pirated them. (Bought then pirated, then bought again). I consider age of empires better then starcraft. I still love AoE 2 and play it often.

I couldn't get into Kotor/Swtor, thought they were boring and not fun at all.
    Never played FF7, I didn't really enjoy Fallout 2 (it was 10 bucks, so why not pick it up though.)

I used to cheat heavily as a single digit kid, but I soon realised it was much more fun to play normally. I used to save all the time (save-scum?), fixed that though. I hate elves in games, and have no problems killing them. I prefer to play as humans. I often enjoy games that reviewers and others say are terrible games.

(I thought the human campaign in the recent AVP game was quite good, the others sucked. The one multiplayer game I played on it really enjoyed. I like Dynasty Warriors, and I don't care that it is often a re-release. I also love RTW vanilla, and M2TW vanilla, and Shogun 2 Vanilla. I like mods too, but I do like the vanilla game. I like console gaming.

I love Doom 1/2 and Quake 1. Will happily play them over a recent FPS.

My into to TW was a "cracked" version of MTW; played it all Sunday, Monday I went and bought the game.

Never played STW :(

I play a lot of old games; any version of Railroad Tycoon, Civ (haven't bought or played anything passed Civ3), I wish I had a working version of Red Baron :p

STW2 and XCOM are the only games I have bought in years

Despite realizing all on-line games were clones of Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time I was an avid player for years (over a decade)
    Ja-mata TosaInu

The only video games I'd played till 2003 were the old DOS based games (ala Dangerous Dave, Wolfenstein 3D, Aladdin etc) and the Age of Empires series.
    The first TW game I played was RTW (which was incidentally also the first game I bought online) and it turned out to be a pirated copy. The seller also threw in a copy of Morrowind which was my first venture into that territory.
    I always play FPS games at easy difficulty.
    I had a year long stint with Knight Online in 2006, which turned me off MMORPGs forever.
    I still haven't played Diablo 3 or any of the old Fallout games.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I never finished Thief 2
    I never finished a campaign in Medieval
    I lowered the difficulty in System Shock when upgrading so I never really beat it on highest difficulty
    I dropped crates on guards and throwed hammers at servants in Thief in expert mode

Member thankful for this post:

Hax 

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Aaah, this is a good one. Let's see what I feel confessing about...

I tried Fallout 2 years and years ago, came to the first door and was too stupid to figure out how to open them. Threw the game back on the shelf, where I tried it out again six months later. This time, I figured how to open the door in a second. I fell in love with Fallout, and up to this day, I'd say that game belongs to my favorite ones.
    I never finished Fallout 1, though. And I never raged or flamed against Fallout Tactics. I actually liked that game.
    I got Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, but never managed to play either for longer than half an hour.
    I like consoles. First I had Super Nintendo, played it and loved most of the games for it. I have had and played about half a dozen consoles in my time, my favorite was PS2. I am a PC gamer and a console gamer, I swing both ways, yeah, here's my coming out.
    I used my real life friends to acquire influence in EVE online and make other people's lives miserable. Them folks deserved it, though. A lot of good guys got caught in my path of destruction, though. Collateral damage. EVE showed me how vicious I can be.
    Speaking of which, I used to have five active, paid EVE Online accounts at some point. Sick, eh?

When I broke up with my second fiancee, it was a summer and I didn't have much work that needed be done. With loads of spare time, I used to spend easily up to ten hours a day playing World of Warcraft.
    When I was raiding in WoW, I oftentimes flirted more with the girls in the guild then I was paying attention to the actual raiding. Couple of times I even wiped the raid because of that.

I used to fake disconnects in WoW and abandon my friends in the middle of an instance run. My ex-gf would come to me in my room, fling her bra in my face and leave for the bedroom. Now, since there is no proper way to say "sorry, folks, I need to quit because I want to have sex with my girlfriend", I'd auto-run my hunter into the wall and pull the plug on my router. You need to know your priorities. Come to think of it, I had to take refuge to this tactic several times.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Members thankful for this post (2):

I used to fake disconnects in WoW and abandon my friends in the middle of an instance run. My ex-gf would come to me in my room, fling her bra in my face and leave for the bedroom. Now, since there is no proper way to say "sorry, folks, I need to quit because I want to have sex with my girlfriend", I'd auto-run my hunter into the wall and pull the plug on my router. You need to know your priorities. Come to think of it, I had to take refuge to this tactic several times.

But that is pretty hot, make your own thread if you want to boast, this is confessions

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    But that is pretty hot, make your own thread if you want to boast, this is confessions
    That is a confession. I really felt bad for my friends; you see, back then, in WoW, there was no cross-server instant replacing of a member who dropped, so they'd be either forced to give on the instance or at least wait for another 10-20 minutes until they've found someone to replace me. I really felt bad. But then again, not that bad to miss out on the alternative.

Besides, sleeping with a girl is sooo 80's and can't possibly be considered boasting, amirite?

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    My into to TW was a "cracked" version of MTW; played it all Sunday, Monday I went and bought the game.

Never played STW :(

I play a lot of old games; any version of Railroad Tycoon, Civ (haven't bought or played anything passed Civ3), I wish I had a working version of Red Baron :p

STW2 and XCOM are the only games I have bought in years

Despite realizing all on-line games were clones of Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time I was an avid player for years (over a decade)
    Railroad Tycoon! Haven't played that in years. I'm going to go find that now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Voigtkampf View Post
    I tried Fallout 2 years and years ago, came to the first door and was too stupid to figure out how to open them. Threw the game back on the shelf, where I tried it out again six months later. This time, I figured how to open the door in a second. I fell in love with Fallout, and up to this day, I'd say that game belongs to my favorite ones.
    Heh, the first time I played FO2 I got about 10 minutes into the game and then quit. I was expecting a post-apocalyptic game and that first dungeon looked like a typical fantasy RPG to me. I had pirated the game and didn't know much about it, so I figured the description of the game in the listing was just wrong. I didn't come back and play it for about another year.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

1. I regularly sell Call of Duty games to people telling them how awesome they are. I loathe them all and only played Black Ops 1 in order to get a taste for the games.

2. Graphics actually matter to me so I rarely play really old games. I played 2 hours of KOTOR and almost felt ill. I will force myself to play through it one day just to say that I have.

3. I hate, hate, hate GTA. 3 was alright but I just can't stand them. See point 1 for what will have to happen once GTAV comes out.

4. I'm a PC elitist but I actually play most of my games on the PS3.

5. I rarely ever finish any games.

6. Despite proclaiming it as one of my favourite games of all time I've never got past about 1520 in EUIII.

Heaps of others I'm sure but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Why hate COD, so much effort went into them, I suspect people hating it of being a bit elitist, in the same way their favorite band is suddenly a whore if they score a hit

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't finished a TW campaign since the days of MTW, which was 4 years ago.
    I played 70 minutes of Bioshock, set it down, and have never picked it up again.
    I played 2-3 hours of KOTOR, got bored, haven't continued it.
    I've finished as many characters in DA II as I did in DA:O. I blame getting bogged down in the Deep Roads.
    I still consider Dark Messiah of Might and Magic to be the most genuinely fun combat system I've ever played.
    I've played 150 hours of Oblivion, and haven't gotten further in the plot than finding the knighthood cabin thingy that that the original note tells you to. I did Kvatch purely out of accidentally running into it.

That's about it for now, I think.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    COD sucks because its the perfect example of what's wrong with games these days. The first one was amazing, but the modern ones have dinky little 4-6 hour campaigns. Unless your really, really into the simplistic multiplayer grindfest there's no reason to play them.

Although I hear Black Ops 2 is a little better, its still reportedly only an 8-hour long game at max.
    If it comes to a complete package you couldn't get a better deal, campaigns are short but have incredible production values, and the multiplayer just happens to be great really, add co-op and zombies (never played either) and it's hard to feel cheated buying a COD game. People love The Orange Box for a whole lot less.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

- Only finished one campaign out of several hundred hours of playing total war.
    - Played more Rome Total war than all the newer TW games combined.
    - I think Nintendo games and Nintendo consoles are for toddlers and as such shouldn't be taken seriously.
    - I never played any true top-down MOBA's, only SMNC and Awesomenauts.
    - I love Skyrim but I never actually completed it, I only did the sidequests and guild so far.
    - I initially pirated Crusader Kings 2, a game which would become a personal favorite.
    - I bought CoD MW2 in March 2010. I ended up selling it 2 months later.
    Last edited by rickinator9; 11-28-2012 at 10:36.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

-RTW is my favorite in the series*, it's where they really got really good
    -I hate JRPG's, all of them
    -I hate using a keyboard and mouse for game controls, save for RTS games
    -I've never played the first 2 Fallout games, and have zero inclination to ever do so (I'll eventually get New Vegas though)
    -If a Baldur's gate game doesn't have "Dark alliance" in the title, I'm not interested
    -Blizzard RTS games are boring snooze fests
    -Consoles are a better platform than the PC
    -I like the modern CoD games
    -The Wii hurt gaming, the Wii-u will just make it worse
    -I've never played any Mass Effect game, and don't really want to
    -Oblivion was better than Morrowind

*Having not played Shogun 2 due to PC being WAY to old.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

- I thought the plots of Mass Effect 1 - 3 were all pretty bad.
    - Left 4 Dead 1 -2 were graphically awful, and Valve really should not be making new source engine games in 2010. It just does not hold up.
    - Mass Effect 3 had horrific graphics, and it bothered me throughout the game.
    - I thought the loss of the Maiko in Mass Effect 2 was a loss rather than a gain for the series.
    - I see the appeal of Red Orchestra, but I hate playing it.
    - I found Shogun boring for some reason, even though I consider it a masterpiece TW game that vastly improved the series.
    - World in Conflict, in my opinion, is the best RTS game ever made.
    - That said, I still enjoy playing Age of Kings.
    - I hate Half-Life 2, and I don't understand why it is so popular.
    - I've never really like Portal either, but I can see why so many people love it.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 11-28-2012 at 21:46.

- I prefer PC games, usually, but I think consoles are the more logical platform because of standardization.

Nice rental then. I see the single-player campaign as a bonus, I occasionally play a bit of it so it doesn't really feel short to me it takes weeks for me to complete. But there is so much content on that disc it's insane what you are getting for your money, they sure aren't going cheap on you you are basicly getting 4 games for the price of one.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Why hate COD, so much effort went into them, I suspect people hating it of being a bit elitist, in the same way their favorite band is suddenly a whore if they score a hit
    But then you'd also be mistaken, because the fact of the matter is some things are actually as bad as described, and in this case, much worse.

I actually dislike everything about COD, much more than Yahtzee does here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...m_campaign=all
    Last edited by easytarget; 11-29-2012 at 16:24.

Unfortunately you can't take anything he says as being, you know, serious criticism (or accurate). What he does is for the lulz, and only the lulz.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I played Mass Effect 1 & 2 and loved them, but I have no interest in Mass Effect 3 and will never play it.
    What did you enjoy about ME1 and/or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I prefer FF8 to 7.
    I think Final Fantasy 8, and the Guardian Force system, are the best things ever done on Final Fantasy (Played 7,8,9&10)

My confessions:
    - Only started playing Mass Effect at 2. Never play ME1.
    - I won a lot of money as a kid (2000-2002) since I had discovered in the internet the glitch which allowed people to get Mew in Pokemon Red/Green, long before the glitch became widely known (I remember I saw it in an obscure website and attempted it on an emulator and it worked). I then sold the same method to kids at school. I would take their Game Boys for a couple of days, be allowed to start a fresh save, and would use the glitch to get them, I sold that service for 10€ (A pretty steep value for a 10 year old to have). I racked up quite a bit of money in a small time. Even got physically threatened over refusing to show how it was done and to do it for no money.
    - While I do agree with much of the criticism, I also think that ME3 is not that bad.
    - From what I heard/read/suspect, I think Deus Ex: HR was supposed to be a gigantically much bigger game than it was with far more optional paths for who the protagonist would work for and where he would go, then what was cut into the game. So even though I think it was a very good game, I cannot help but feel tremendous disapointment at such a wasted opportunity to pass Deus Ex 1 as the best game in history.
    - I still play and update Pro Evolution Soccer 4, as I think every PES after 4 sucks.
    Last edited by Jolt; 12-02-2012 at 04:49.
    BLARGH!

Talking about Deus Ex, I must confess that despite all it's mistakes I actually liked Invisible War. Of course it was a disapointment, but it's still my favourite game on the old xbox.