Thread: learning problems

Arrow learning problems

Hi guys , me again , can anyone tell me if it would be easier to learn to play Shogun 2 on the original Shogun game , and then work my way up ???? or sgould i keep trying to learn on Shogun 2 f.o.t.s , thank you in advance for your time on this , cheers all

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: learning problems

Hi @johnculbert81. Both are very different games, but some aspects are be similar.

I don't think it's really necessary to master S:TW first before playing TW:S2, but I do recommend playing both of them, because they're both excellent games (assuming you don't care much about graphics, since S:TW looks outdated of course, allthough it's still a beautiful game).
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Member thankful for this post:

Hi john, welcome to the Org.

If you are new to strategy type games, STW might be a better starting point. The strategic campaign is very simple with much fewer decisions to make compared to TW:S2. With the battles, there are fewer unit types to deal with and the battles develop slower in STW than in many of the later games - and many TW vets feel this is a good thing. The units move slower and don't rout as quickly so you have time to use tactics and make adjustments during a battle to correct a bad situation. STW will give you a taste of the kind of thinking required at a basic level, but the jump to TW:S2 is a big one. CA really stepped up the challenge with regards to the difficulty. Many TW vets struggled with trying just to survive the early turns of the game during the first weeks after its release so don't feel bad if you are having difficulties with it. Once people started figuring out how to manage their clan, it became a beatable game.

For TW:S2 there is an excellent guide written by frogbeastegg to use as a starting point.
    This space intentionally left blank

You do not need to learn to play STW1, as the first two TW games are essentially a completely different game to everything which came after.

cheers guys , thanks for the info , appreciated.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by caravel View Post
    You do not need to learn to play STW1, as the first two TW games are essentially a completely different game to everything which came after.
    Ahhhh MTW.... It's like a love long past into the wistful afternoon memories.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Hi john, welcome to the Org.

If you are new to strategy type games, STW might be a better starting point. The strategic campaign is very simple with much fewer decisions to make compared to TW:S2. With the battles, there are fewer unit types to deal with and the battles develop slower in STW than in many of the later games - and many TW vets feel this is a good thing. The units move slower and don't rout as quickly so you have time to use tactics and make adjustments during a battle to correct a bad situation. STW will give you a taste of the kind of thinking required at a basic level, but the jump to TW:S2 is a big one. CA really stepped up the challenge with regards to the difficulty. Many TW vets struggled with trying just to survive the early turns of the game during the first weeks after its release so don't feel bad if you are having difficulties with it. Once people started figuring out how to manage their clan, it became a beatable game.

For TW:S2 there is an excellent guide written by frogbeastegg to use as a starting point.
    STW is actual a real fast game. The pace of the momentum is very fast, at least if we speak about the original STW. MI got slowed down.