Thread: Can never play a lengthy campaign

Default Can never play a lengthy campaign

I enjoy this game immensely. It also leaves a bitter taste in my mouth because I can never play a campaign without it becoming stuck somewhere along the line. I have never made a campaign past 220 BC because of crashes that I cannot seem to avoid.

A lot of these crashes happen while the battle is loading. I haven't seen a fix for that anywhere on this forum, maybe someone can help me out?

A few of my campaigns go as follows:

Hayasdan campaign which did not allow me to attack an army besieging one of my cities (near Crimea), essentially making me forfeit a city which I busted my ass to conquer AND had enough troops to defend successfully.
    Koinon Hellenon campaign which crashes on an end turn. I can avoid it by changing things around but it will probably end up getting stuck somewhere down the line, so no point in continuing.
    Hayasdan campaign which crashes whenever I attack an enemy army on my territory in Sophene. Again, I might avoid it by moving things around. However, it will end up getting stuck so no point in moving forward.

I tried a couple of fixes. Changed the option from multi-core to single-core processing, it didn't help. Downloaded CFF Explorer, made the appropriate changes but it didn't help either. Does anyone have an idea how I can continue my campaigns?

Default Re: Can never play a lengthy campaign

Nobody has a clue?

I tried continuing the Hayasdan campaign, the one that would crash before the battle. I figured out that whenever I attack a Seleukid army on any of my territory that the game crashes while the battle is loading. If I get attacked or if its a siege then nothing happens, only when I attack.

Quote Originally Posted by RDF View Post
    Nobody has a clue?

I tried continuing the Hayasdan campaign, the one that would crash before the battle. I figured out that whenever I attack a Seleukid army on any of my territory that the game crashes while the battle is loading. If I get attacked or if its a siege then nothing happens, only when I attack.
    I'm having the same problem. I've scoured all of the "common problems" threads among others and I can't seem to find a sustainable problem.

My machine is an absolute monster (overclocked 3.8Gz with 16 gb of ram) I should not be having any problems with this game unless I'm missing something obvious with the settings.

Any help would be great.

All of my four games played so far in RTW EB started to crash around the 100th move. Regardless what faction or action. They crash in the change of turn.
    I have read in a post on RS2 by Vlad that one should not install EB in the program directory of WIndows. So maybe I should re-install. On the other hand, why do 400 moves go perfectly right and do the crashes start around the 100th turn?
    I reinstalled RTW 1.5 and EB 1.1 and 1.2 into a clean map on a different disk. It worked just like before. CTD (crashes to desktop) like before, occasionally, seemingly random, when a new turn has been completed for about 80%. It happens regardless anything. Whither a move had been played, or not and the new turn button is hit right after loading. With script actualisation on or off, there's still CTD's. Problem is, it seems a bit random.
    I also read that EB has been written in a way that is specific for CPU's with one kernel. If so, that is a very annoying thing to have done as multiple kernels have been in practice for a long time now. I run quad CPU, 32-bit, Windows 7, 4 Gb DDR and plenty of HDD space.
    Last edited by Crastinus Maximus; 08-31-2013 at 13:14. Reason: RTC EB CTD continues despite heeding good advice.

Once near Crimea I wanted to capture that settlement. My main general with army besieged it, and other general alone was near him, besieging it too. Every time I started a real, not auto, battle, I got crashed after giving an initial position for my army on the battlefield. Then I understood that second general couldn't appear on the battlefield from that side, because of sea. Understand?! Forces are not Jesuses, they can't walk on water! I was really happy when I realized my mistake (it took not so long time) and fixed everything.
    I hope this will help someone.
    Guys, this game, I mean mod, is a dream, really. It's like becoming a part history... Although it's hard for me read every message appears in summer, about what happened on that year, and explanations, etc, this mod is just fantastic!
    Sorry for my broken English.

Quote Originally Posted by uhmhelloworld View Post
    Guys, this game, I mean mod, is a dream, really. It's like becoming a part history... Although it's hard for me read every message appears in summer, about what happened on that year, and explanations, etc, this mod is just fantastic!
    So it is, uhmhelloworld, so it is. Hope everything's running smooth as silk for you now.

I get crashes after every few battles, but never for a specific battle. You should try saving right before and reloading. Also, if you auto_win attacker you usually get decent loss of men yourself so its not all that bad.