Thread: Please make it stop

Default Please make it stop

The spammers, dear god the spammers.

Default Re: moncler outlet, Moncler Jackets Outlet, Moncler Vest outlet, 758

I laughed when I saw a spammer was the first person to reply to this thread.

I lol'd as well.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

That may be one of my favourite things ever to happen on this forum.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

We've been under heavy attack by spammers for about three weeks now. You can see a counter of the blocked bot registrations at the bottom of the index. That counter was in triple digits before the assault began. Yesterday was the worst day yet, with about 10,000 attempts on that one day alone. On a statistical level, our systems are doing very well and only a tiny fraction are getting through, but it's almost inevitable that some will manage it given the massive numbers we're fighting.

[edit] I just added another layer of spam protection that should hopefully catch the few that the current system was missing. Even so, some may slip through. If you do notice some, please simply report the post as usual and be patient. Trust me, this is far more irritating for us to deal with than it is for you.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-04-2012 at 14:40.

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

total war center is having the exact same problem at the moment it's even the same group of spam bots

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

It's not just TWC and us, it's a large number of forums all over the internet. Apparently forum bot attacks increased significantly back in August and have remained abnormally high since then. It only reached us in November.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    It's not just TWC and us, it's a large number of forums all over the internet. Apparently forum bot attacks increased significantly back in August and have remained abnormally high since then. It only reached us in November.
    Even now there is hope for man.