Thread: Time to save to buy a new computer for Rome 2

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Default Time to save to buy a new computer for Rome 2

I have not posted for years, but I just had to log on to express my joy at the new Rome 2 being announced! I wasn't that interested in the series after M2TW, partly due to other things being more interesting but also to do with computer requirement restraints. But now I've caught the Total War bug again~

Is anyone else now beginning to save and build a Rome 2 computer?

This has also set me to reinstall RTW alongside the Roma Surrectum 2 mod. I used to pour fastidious hours upon hours into Europa Barbororum with all its charms, so this new take on the game will hold me over until Rome 2 is released.
    robotica erotica

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: Time to save to buy a new computer for Rome 2

Well, this video is clearly a piece of shameless cross-promotion, but still worth a watch. The Intel i5 seems to be the default gamer's chip anyway.

Default Re: Time to save to buy a new computer for Rome 2

I am with you on all counts. I bought Napoleon and played thru it several times but it has never captured my interest like MTW2,RTW, or even the original Shogun. I have not tried Shogun 2, maybe if it goes back on sale on Steam I will.

I bought an i5 last computer upgrade cycle, when the chip just came out. I am somewhat surprised it still seems to be the chip of choice for a rig, then again I was stunned at how far I could OC when I first bought it (it was like 35% increase) so I kinda knew it had headroom. Save for a new graphics card and an SSD though (SSD = best upgrade around, love the near instant on on my work laptop)!

Several games I am waiting on for end of this year, early next year - RTW2, Witcher 3, MAYBE DA3.

Shame strategy has died just as hardware is giving justice to massive battlefields, even the RTS genre has been wiped out it seems. I had high hopes for DOW with its freedom from micro and the strategy map tie in from DOW:DC and DOW:SS but they turned it into a shooter :(