Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expedition [Concluded]

Default Re: The Expedition

Going to extend the night 24 hours because it is Christmas time, if everyone is okay with that. For the next few phases, would 48/48 be alright with everyone?

I shall be offline from 23rd to 26th. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    I shall be offline from 23rd to 26th. Sorry
    Not a problem. If you want to send in possible night orders, you can do that.

Got all the orders, and results. Just the write up left. Very tired, so I will get it done in the morning.

End of Night 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaotix attacks: Chaotix was ready. He knew they would come for him. He had set his camp up a fair distance away near the centurion guardians, their imposing figure gave him some sense of calm. As he waited for the night to end, he noticed a figure, pitch black, darker then his surroundings walk towards him. Chaotix narrowed his eyes at the figure and grasped his sword tightly with his right hand, shield already in his left. He opened his voice to speak, but the figure simply raised his hand the words evaporated into nothingness. Chaotix grasped at his throat but he felt nothing wrong. The figure was busy, casting some sort of bubble around the guardians before stepping inside.

"There will be no escape from your death, mortal. No-one can hear you, and no-one can see you. Your life will end now."

Chaotix readied his weapons, as the figure pulled out a daedric sword and began its advance. It landed the first blow, swinging fast and hard at Chaotix's head, of which his shield barely covered in time. The next blow rained down on his shield again pushing him backwards. Chaotix dodged the third blow, leaping out of its path to strike what would normally be close to killing wound on the torso, to simply scratching the figure, a few drops of blood dripping down. The figure smiled unnaturally and renewed its assault. Chaotix continued to duck and weave, but he was tiring. The figure was simply too much of a match for him. One of his blows hit, slicing his torso. Chaotix screamed soundlessly in pain and dropped his sword as he fell to the ground. He attempted to crawl away, but the figure was simply walking towards him at the same pace, waiting for Chaotix to give up. Eventually he made it to the foot of a centurion and laid there.

"Your soul will be mine!"

Chaotix rolled and hit the button on the side of the centurion, causing it to awaken, as the sword swung down hard on the foot of the centurion, missing Chaotix by centimetres. The centurion slashed at the figure, but before it could connect, it vanishes in a cloud of red mist, and so did the bubble. The centurion went back to its former position, as Chaotix laid on the ground, bleeding out. He drifted in and out of consciousness.

"That's a nasty wound you've got there. Wouldn't want you to die now, not at all." something laughed as Chaotix felt himself losing even more blood. However, he also felt his wound being closed. He would be weak for a while, but he wouldn't die. He took some comfort in that, as he drifted off again.

--------------------------------

Yoyoma1910 was not prepared for combat, when he heard the footsteps. Immediately awake, he rolled to his side to avoid a killing blow. The man followed it up with another heavy strike, connecting on the shoulder armour of Yoyoma1910. He groaned in pain as he prepared to meet the next blow, aimed at his torso. It was deflected and Yoyoma1910 followed up with a strike on the shield of his opponent. They circled each other for a while, before the opponent left, realising he would not be able to do much more without attracting the attention of everyone else. He backed away slowly, before leaving. Yoyoma1910 watched him leave, before sitting back down, and tending to his shoulder.

--------------------------------

Montmorency did not expect to be accosted by anyone that night, let alone two people. They circled around him, as Monty drew his sword. The first one cast an ice spear at Monty freezing his body slowing him down, whilst the other struck at his sides, as he fell to the ground. Laughing, the two fellows left as quickly as they had arrived, the damage done. As they left Monty rolled over and began to inspect the damage. He felt awful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the sun rose (it shone through the tiny holes in the roof), the camp was packed up and the expedition got ready to leave. Before they did so, they leader began to speak.

"According to the books and tomes I've read about this place, there should be a few ways out. There is a trapdoor which leads to a lower section of the cavern which apparently is dangerous but is much quicker, a service tunnel to the level below which may be easier or there is the stairs at the end of the chamber which well lead us to the elevator, however I have no idea where it goes, the books only mention it is at the far end, a long trip. Majority rules once again, as always. We'll need a volunteer to lead the way of course."

Vote for Trapdoor, Service Tunnel or Stairs in blue, and lynch in black and bold, as always.

Alive: 17/17
    1. BSmith
    2. Arjos
    3. Chaotix
    4. Jarema
    5. Autolycus
    6. Ishmael
    7. LazyMcCrow
    8. Montmorency
    9. Elite Ferret
    10. Yoyoma1910
    11. SalmonSoil
    12. Darth Feather
    13. Andres
    14. Edse
    15. Classical Hero
    16. Askthepizzaguy
    17. Riedquat

Attacked:
    Chaotix (N1, N1)
    Yoyoma1910 (N1)
    Montmorency (N1, N1)
    Last edited by Visor; 12-23-2012 at 03:01.

Vote: Yoyoma

The villain attacked Chaotix. I could not stop him.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Should be all necessary PMs sent out now. 48 hours for day.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post

M'desi asks: do you have proof?

M'desi desires revenge on this foul spirit.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I would like to take service tunel

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

For what it's worth, even though I tried to kill Chaotix yesterday- revenge must be had against his attacker. Revenge! Even if it costs me my life I shall have it. There's nothing and no one who will stop me!

*Number 1*
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Vote: abstain, courteously.

Vote abstain
    on which direction to go. I am persuadable.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure who attacked chaotix so: vote: abstain

I think we should take the easy road through the service tunnel
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

service tunel and vote: yoyoma

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Vote: Service Tunnel

Vote: Abstain for the moment, haven't fully understood Monty: did you see Yoyoma attacking Chaotix, was it you attacking Yoyoma, that in sequence, couldn't prevent his attack or are you this centurion?

vote Darth Feather vote service tunnel

I'm not fond of all this abstention, so vote: ATPG who started it.

And what's with all this 'taking the easy way' talk? We're all here for treasure, aren't we, and it would make sense that it's located in the more dangerous area (and more relevant to the players, it gives out host more room for an interesting write-up ).

vote: Trapdoor

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post

And what's with all this 'taking the easy way' talk? We're all here for treasure, aren't we, and it would make sense that it's located in the more dangerous area (and more relevant to the players, it gives out host more room for an interesting write-up ).

You're making a valid point unvote; vote trapdoor

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Can we rule Chaotix out as scum? I think he wouldn't be the main scum target if he were evil. Unless there are more than one scum faction hmmmmmmm...
    stuff to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Can we rule Chaotix out as scum? I think he wouldn't be the main scum target if he were evil. Unless there are more than one scum faction hmmmmmmm...
    stuff to think about.
    The two people that attacked Montmorency may well be a scum team, with the fellow that attacked Chaotix being a SK. The write-up seems to imply that the two people attacking Montmorency were together, and there don't appear to be any provisions for group actions at night.

EDIT: Visorslash, I notice that both Chaotix and Montmorency are listed as having been attacked (N1, N1). Would you be able to clarify the import of the repetition for us (if it wasn't just a typo)?
    Last edited by Ishmael; 12-23-2012 at 11:51.

The two people that attacked Montmorency may well be a scum team, with the fellow that attacked Chaotix being a SK. The write-up seems to imply that the two people attacking Montmorency were together, and there don't appear to be any provisions for group actions at night.

EDIT: Visorslash, I notice that both Chaotix and Montmorency are listed as having been attacked (N1, N1). Would you be able to clarify the import of the repetition for us (if it wasn't just a typo)?
    No typo, they were both attacked twice.

Maybe there is a scum team with two people who attacked semi-separatly (both gave orders to attack the same player) to have a larger chance of winning. (just guessing )

Vote: Service Tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post

Can you clarify please?

For the moment vote: abstain
    returning to the shadows.....

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

M'desi only remembers being attacked once.

M'desi shrugs at this thought.

Vote: Stairs

M'desi can barely walk.

M'desi does not want to think about tunnels and trap doors.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

It looks as if they eventually lead to the same place, why put ourselves in more danger just so we get to the treasure slightly quicker? Hoping some townies will die?

vote:Ishmael

vote: Service Tunnel

I got nothing, to be honest.

All I know is that I have one sixth defence remaining, so some dirty elf could easily finish me off tonight.

Yob mayo, someone must answer!
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

I am being framed, and was myself accosted in the night. My night orders were to look through my book and then rest. I have a high defense, and felt (apparently rightfully so) that would be enough to defend myself.

I'm also the one who got us this far without having to kill anyone, which is my goal. I have a job, which is to guide and watch over the town.

Do what you feel you must, but I would ask instead of hanging me you let me do my job and scout the way, at least for one or two more nights. There is something I have sought for that according to my book is very nearby.

My kingdom for a .

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Also, please go back and read the writeup. It clearly shows me in my bed, whilst Mont is not.

My kingdom for a .

I'm not fond of all this abstention, so vote: ATPG who started it.

unvote: abstain

Vote: Ishmael

That wasn't the wisest move you could make.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The day is currently set to end on Christmas, so I can extend it another 24 hours, have 48 hours for the night and should be able to go back to normal after that

unvote:vote: Ishmael to save Yoyoma.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast