Thread: LORD OF THE WORLD OF TOTAL WAR-HAMMER RINGS CRAFT

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default LORD OF THE WORLD OF TOTAL WAR-HAMMER RINGS CRAFT

This will be the only post that I make in this forum. This is the fantasy/strategy Armageddon and I want no part of it.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: LORD OF THE WORLD OF TOTAL WAR-HAMMER RINGS CRAFT

Personally i cant wait :P

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Member thankful for this post:

Kkthxbye

That’s Warhammer, the dark and violent fantasy setting, not necessarily including Warhammer 40K, the dark and violent futuristic fantasy blend that’s been in Relic’s capable hands for eons. While the details of this deal are scarce – although yes, a Warhammer/Total War crossover sounds brilliant – it’s entirely possible that the two studios will be working on the separate franchises, and that this isn’t a reaction to THQ’s financial troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantSpellDawg View Post
    This will be the only post that I make in this forum. This is the fantasy/strategy Armageddon and I want no part of it.
    So what? I had no interest in the 17th - 19th century colonial period (Empire), the Napoleonic period (Napoleon Expansion) or Japanese Samurai period (Shogun II).

I like ancient and fantasy wargames. Fantasy is just another period setting for wargames, except instead of being based on actual history, its based on fantasy worlds and settings. If you're not interested in it, don't buy it.

I'm far more concerned at what a total mess full of terrible design decisions and rushed, shoddy, barely existent "new features" that i won't be pre-ordering any computer game in future and will only buy ones that have a high user/player rating - obviously can't trust the professional reviewers many of whom gave it rave reviews. And if it turns out its more tat like the hugely disappointing Rome II i likely won't buy it at all. Maybe Rome II will eventually be fixed by patches and mods, but i doubt it.