Thread: [CKII] - Diadochi Kings

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default [CKII] - Diadochi Kings

Diadochi Kings!

Diadochi Kings is a CKII mod currently in development. I want to portray the bloody Diadochi wars after the death of Alexander the Great in 323 BC. Future scenario's might include the rebellion of Cyrus the Great, the Syrian wars and the rise of Rome.

Planned list of features:
    • A brand new map that spans from Massalia(Marseille) to the indus river and from the Crimia to Ethiopia.
    • All new characters,cultures and religions.
    • Using localisation, you can switch from Latin names for titles to the more native names.
    • A new building system based on the culture of the holder of a province and on the province's culture itself.

Obviously, this is a lot of work and I'm only on my own, so it's going to take a long time before the mod is released.

Credits:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Member thankful for this post:

bidi12 

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: [CKII] - Diadochi Kings

I forgot I that this here. We(Yes, we are a team of 2 now) have made a lot of progress since I posted this thread. Gonna add some Devdiaries.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

bidi12 

Default Re: [CKII] - Diadochi Kings

DevDiary 1: The Caucasus

Welcome to our first DevDiary! As said, we were working on the region just south of the Caucasus mountains last week. While this region was of relatively small significance during the wars of the Diadochi, it would later become more important as the power of the Kingdom of Armenia grew.

Let's take a look at some of the new characters:

Neoptolemos
    Neoptolemos is a member of the epirote Aeacid dynasty. He is the Alexandrian satrap of Armenia. Historically, he would join Antipatros and Krateros in their war against Perdikkas. He joined forces with Krateros and attack Eumenes. In the resulting battle, both Krateros and Neoptolemos died.

Mihran
    Mihran(also known as Mithrenes) is an Armenian vassal of Neoptolemos. He was the Alexandrian satrap of Armenia until it was awarded to Neoptolemos at the Partition of Babylon. He is a descendant of the proud family of the Yervanduni(Orontids). Perhaps he can reclaim his Satrapy and one day, become an independent king!

Aku
    Aku is the Georgian king of Kolkheti(Colchis). Little is known of him and the only information we've got comes from a coin.

Azo
    Azo is the Georgian king of Iberia. Medieval texts report that Alexander sent him with an army to conquer Iberia, but this cannot be verified. It is known, however that he was driven from Iberia and killed by Parnavazi.

Parnavazi
    Parnavazi(also known as Pharnavaz) is a vassal of Azo in 323 BC. He is 3 years old at that time. Azo destroyed his family and clearly Parnavazi wants revenge. Historically, he would kill Azo and take Iberia for himself in 302 BC. He would conquer large parts of Kolkheti(Colchis) too.

Aturpat
    Aturpat(also known as Atropates) is the Alexandrian satrap of Northern Media(Media was divided as it was too big to be held by one man). He had been in command of all of Media before Alexander died, but at the Partition of Babylon, the larger southern part of Media was given to Peithon. Later in his life, Aturpat would refuse to pay allegiance to Seleukos and made his Satrapy an independent kingdom that lasted for more than 5 centuries.

De jure Kingdoms:

De jure Duchies:

Cultures:

Counties:

bidi12