Thread: Noob modding question

Default Noob modding question

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the game and I was really intrigued by all the cool mods that have been done. I wanted to try a simple building mod where, to win, a faction needs to be the first to construct a certain type of building. Is this at all possible, making a building the victory condition? Like, each player needs to build a 'Monument to Victory' that has like 10 stages and if a player can build all 10 stages first they win. It's a bit of a mcguffin but I wanted to see if there's a way to program something other than a purely territorial expansion victory.

Thanks!
    Hiddlestom
    Last edited by Hiddlestom; 01-15-2013 at 09:04.

Default Re: Noob modding question

Sorry, I don't think that's possible.
    Shi-Zroi Total War!!!!

Ah... okay. Guess its programmed like a game of Risk - only territorial conquest wins.

I remember some time ago they did mods with guns - did they ever release the sprites or models for those? I'm just looking for a simple guy in a straw hat with a rifle.

Thanks!

Also, is there a tutorial on changing what the advisor says (ie. new sound files) and the accompanying text?

I don't know about a tutorial, but I do know where to edit them. Take a look at data\text\export_advice.txt for the text part and data\export_descr_sounds_advice.txt for the sounds. Also note that the files there are packed, that's why you can't find them. You can, however create new ones and use them without packing (just modify the location and it's gonna work).

CocaCola97
    Shi-Zroi Total War!!!!