Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Resistance! [Concluded]

Default Re: The Resistance! [IN PLAY]

If you are there instead of me, then we are guaranteed to have a spy on the mission, as all three members that were on the first failed mission would be on this one as well...

I might suggest swapping chaotix and Darth_Feather. chaotix's silence on things is deafening.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

THAT IS CORRECT, I WOULD REPLACE CHAOTIX BY ME.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    If you are there instead of me, then we are guaranteed to have a spy on the mission, as all three members that were on the first failed mission would be on this one as well...

I might suggest swapping chaotix and Darth_Feather. chaotix's silence on things is deafening.
    I already made my proposal.
    If I understand rules correct, I cannot change it now.
    You can either accept it or throw it away and the next person will make new one - we have time to do that

I would prefer it the other way, but I am OK with it the way it is.

Approved.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    I would prefer it the other way, but I am OK with it the way it is.

Approved.
    If you haven't already - please PM me your vote. You can say what you want in the thread, but the vote is meant to be secret until the total is revealed. If I haven't received a PM = you haven't actually voted

approved, cause i like math that seems all the way correct

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Considering the last mission failed and Jarema was on the last mission, there's a one in three chance that Jarema is just trying to set us up with another failure.

I don't think including anybody from the last mission is a particularly good idea. We need to find a team that works and just stick with it... there are five true resistance members and three infiltrators, right? If we can pinpoint the traitors and exclude them, we have essentially won the game. The problem is we have to do it within two rounds.

EDIT: Actually more than a one in three chance, since it's possible more than one person on the last team was a spy. I find that unlikely, though.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 02-02-2013 at 03:42.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

I disapproved of this proposed team, but now I actually somewhat regret my initial reaction. If the next leader (assuming Jarema gets voted down) wants to suggest it again, I'll approve.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I don't think including anybody from the last mission is a particularly good idea.
    NEGATIVE. CONSIDERING THERE WAS ONE SPY ON THIS MISSION, NEXT MISSION WOULD JUST FAIL BY TWO FAILLURES, GIVING US NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE THREE SPIES UNLESS WHAT WE ALREADY SAFELY CAN ASSUME. THERE%IS%A%SLIGHT%POSSIBILITY%THERE%ARE%WERE%THAN%ONE%SPY%ON%THIS%MISSION. ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE DISCOVERED VIRUS. DELETING VIRUS. REINSTATING AI. SHOULD THERE BE MORE THAN ONE SPY WE WOULD KNOW DUE TO THE NUMBER OF FAILLURES. SO IN MY OPINION WE SHOULD GO WITH PEOPLE FROM THE LAST TEAM. I STILL DISAPPROVE OF THE TEAM, BECAUSE THERE IS 100 PERCENT CHANCE OF A SPY BEING ON THE TEAM BECAUSE I CANNOT BETRAY THE RESISTANCE AND I AM NOT ON THE TEAM. THAT WILL BE ALL.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Edse-Chaotix scum.

MISSION TWO - Leader = JAREMA

MISSION TEAM:
    JAREMA, CHAOTIX, BSMITH & MAKRELL

OPPOSE - 3
    Visorslash
    D Feather
    BRay

APPROVE - 4 (+Jarema)
    edse
    BSmith
    Makrell
    Chaotix

The Team is narrowly approved. If you are on the Team Please PM me your Mission Orders - get suited and booted and up to the hangar to prep the fighters.

Shall we bet on the outcome? Successful mission is hundred times the wager.

BETTING IS FUTILE. THERE IS A SPY ON THE MISSION. THE MISSION IS VERY UNLIKELY TO SUCCEED.

I have a complete set of orders. But I am afraid I cannot do the write-up until tomorrow. Thankyou for your patience

All four members of the mission Team hung, suspended in the large liquid-filled cylinders, reserved for only the most serious patients of the med-bay. The de-briefing would have to wait, until all were fully conscious and their skin had grown back. At least one of them would be fitted with new hands after the crash landings on Orgahhs surface.

Lazy was beginning to panic. The Empire were just a whisker from victory and the Resistance was still yet to achieve any form of success! - From here on in, every Mission was Match Point.

1st Mission Team: 3 Members FAILED (2 success, 1 Failure order) (Jarema, Chaotix, Darth Feather)
    2nd Mission Team: 4 Members FAILED (2 success, 2 Failure order) (Jarema, Chaotix, BSmith, Makrell)

3rd Mission Team: 4 Members
    4th Mission Team: 5 Members*
    5th Mission Team: 5 Members

*This Mission requires a minimum of 2 MISSION FAILS orders for it to fail.

The Leader for Mission Three is Chaotix.

ok, Darth Feather is most likely safe i think. Either Jarema or Chaotix nearly must be evil imperials. Bsmith might be evil, as can i.

I vote next mission team as

Dart Feather, edse, bRay and visorslash, as those are most probable to not be resistance.
    or i could be destroyed by some kind of math pretty soon :P

NEGATIVE. IF WE WOULD TAKE THAT TEAM THERE WOULD BE ONE SPY ON IT ASSUMING THERE WERE TWO ON LAST TEAM.

I THINK JAREMA IS INNOCENT. WHY WOULD HE SEND A SECOND SPY ON THE MISSION IF HE WERE THE SPY. THAT WOULD BE COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL.

1) BSmith
    2) Jarema
    3) Chaotix
    4) Darth Feather
    5) edse
    6) B Ray
    7) Makrell
    8) Visorslash

1st Mission Team: 3 Members FAILED (2 success, 1 Failure order) (Jarema, Chaotix, Darth Feather)
    2nd Mission Team: 4 Members FAILED (2 success, 2 Failure order) (Jarema, Chaotix, BSmith, Makrell)
    Who has not yet been in a mission? Visor, BRay, Edse.

Scumbags are: Edse, Chaotix, Makrell.
    Town are Visor, BSmith, Jarrema, BRay, Darth Feather. Possibly.

Visor-Darth-JArrema are clearly town.

Bsmith would be the other one I would send on the mission.

ANy other team I would decline, and I urge the loyal members of the resistance to do the same!

AFFIRMATIVE: VISORSLASH, B_RAY AND DARTH FEATHER DISSAPROVED OF LAST MISSION, WHILE EDSE APPROVED. IF MY MEMORY HAS NOT BEEN CORRUPTED, FOUR PEOPLE SHOULD GO ON NEXT MISSION. I PROPOSE VISORSLASH, JAREMA, DARTH FEATHER AND B_RAY. AND I POINT MY MECHANICAL ARM OF MASS-DESTRUCTION TOWARDS CHAOTIX

BSmith, Jarema, Darth Feather, Visorslash is fine to me. I would however rather see myself instead of BSmith but it would be contra-productive since it would be opposed.

NEGTIVE. B_RAY DID NOT APPROVE OF THE MISSION. WHY WOULD HE DO THAT IF HE WERE A SPY? YOU DID APPROVE, SO YOU ARE MORE SUSPICIOUS THAN HE. IF WE TAKE B-SMITH CHANCES WOULD BE TOO HIGH TO HAVE A SPY (PROVIDING MY REASONING IS CORRECT EITHER BSMITH OR MAKRELL WOULD BE A SPY)

OOC: It is a big guess of me but if the resistance fails one more mission we are defeated so fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 02-03-2013 at 16:50.

MY PROCESSORS GIVE ME THE INFO THAT THE THIRD SPY (TAKEN EDSE AND CHAOTIX ARE SPIES) IS BSMITH. HE WAS THE ONE WHO PROPOSED REPLACING CHAOTIX BY ME. IF HE IS A SPY, HE COULD EASILY BLAME THE FAILLURE ON ME OR JAREMA. THAT AND THE FACT EDSE WANTED BSMITH TO GO ON MISSION 3.

While I mostly agree with Bomberman & Bender's line of reasoning, I think we may be exonerating Jarema too hastily. However, I would approve of her, Visorslash, Darth Feather, and myself forming this upcoming (and possibly final) mission team. It's a dice roll at this point no matter how you look at it, and if we're playing the odds, I think that's our best shot.

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

I didn't approve the last mission either.

It's clear Jarema is the scum here, and trying to pass it off as me being the scum. Either BSmith or Makrell is scum number 2, and I predict Visorslash is the third, since he's trying so hard to make me look like the guilty one. Whatever.

My proposal:

Darth Feather
    B_Ray
    edse
    BSmith

Darth Feather is clean.
    B_Ray is untested but is likely clean.
    edse is also untested.
    Out of BSmith and Makrell, I think Makrell is the more likely scum, but it can only be one of them, I think.

OH crap.

It's actually possible that both me and Jarema are clean, but DF, BSmith, and Makrell are all guilty.

That is supremely unlikely given the odds, but strictly speaking possible.

Anyway, do what you will with my proposal. It's not great, but you wouldn't approve one with me in it, so there it is.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    I THINK JAREMA IS INNOCENT. WHY WOULD HE SEND A SECOND SPY ON THE MISSION IF HE WERE THE SPY. THAT WOULD BE COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL.
    I support this. I claim to be confirmed innocent now. It also means that Chaotix is 99% scum

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I didn't approve the last mission either.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    MISSION TEAM:
    JAREMA, CHAOTIX, BSMITH & MAKRELL

OPPOSE - 3
    Visorslash
    D Feather
    BRay

APPROVE - 4 (+Jarema)
    edse
    BSmith
    Makrell
    Chaotix
    I have no idea why you would seriously say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    I support this. I claim to be confirmed innocent now. It also means that Chaotix is 99% scum
    Jarema choosing another spy to the team is no more irrational than at least 2 spies supporting it.

IF YOU DID NOT SUPPORT IT, THE PROPOSAL WOULD NOT HAVE GONE THROUGH AND NEXT TEAM MIGHT BE WITHOUT A SPY, CLEARING FOUR MEMBERS. WITH THIS TEAM, YOU WERE ONLY ONE MISSION AWAY FROM THE VICTORY.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast