Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Resistance! [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: The Resistance! [IN PLAY]

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post

I have no idea why you would seriously say this.
    Welp.

LazyMcCrow and I are gonna have a little talk about the meaning of "secret ballot". In an interrogation room. With no windows.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ^made me LOL ... I didn't realize ballots were going to be public info at first either

Well, I'm more willing to clear Jarema's name now.

Visor-Darth-BRay-Jarrema

Sounds good to me. Let's get this show on the road and wipe some imperial scum out!

BSmith seems townie as well, expecially how he wanted to swap Chaotix for Darth.

If the mission isn't Visor-B_Ray-Darth Feather-Jarrema

Decline!
    Last edited by Visor; 02-04-2013 at 00:53.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

BECAUSE BSMITH WANTED TO SWAP ME FOR CHAOTIX, HE IS EVEN MORE SUSPICIOUS. IF THERE WOULD BE ONE FAILLURE, BSMITH COULD EASILY BLAME IT ON ME

OOC: I know, I am making huge assumptions
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

MY PROCESSORS FOUND ANOTHER ANOMALY IN THE THINGS CHAOTIX SAID. IF HE WAS COMPLETELY INNOCENT. WHY WOULD HE NOT TAKE HIMSELF ON THE MISSION. FROM HIS POINT OF VIEW, HE IS COMPLETELY INNOCENT AND THE ONLY ONE HE IS SURE OF. TAKING BSMITH WOULD JUST BE A UNNECESARY RISK

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Darth, read my post.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    Jarema choosing another spy to the team is no more irrational than at least 2 spies supporting it.
    No.
    If I was a spy, I would know for 100% that I can sent failure order, and I would have no need for other spy.
    OTOH, if there were two spies on the mission, none of them will know if the other one will send failure order or not - they cant coordinate outside of a game thread

Guys, it is Edse-Chaotix-Makrell who are spies.

Remember to send in your order to OPPOSE THE VOTE!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
    Last edited by Visor; 02-04-2013 at 09:43.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Remember to send in your order to OPPOSE THE VOTE!
    Have I missed real proposal somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I didn't approve the last mission either.

It's clear Jarema is the scum here, and trying to pass it off as me being the scum. Either BSmith or Makrell is scum number 2, and I predict Visorslash is the third, since he's trying so hard to make me look like the guilty one. Whatever.

My proposal:

Darth Feather
    B_Ray
    edse
    BSmith

Darth Feather is clean.
    B_Ray is untested but is likely clean.
    edse is also untested.
    Out of BSmith and Makrell, I think Makrell is the more likely scum, but it can only be one of them, I think.
    This one! I missed it too, just sent my vote in.

OOC note on the rules:

Once a Mission Team proposal has been made in the thread, it stands until it has been voted on.

Players send their votes to me via PM - this is to simulate the simultaneous vote in the face-to-face version of the game in which players play Approval/Opposition cards face down.

I shall accept changes to any players vote UNTIL I have a complete set. Once I have a complete set, I shall post the results INCLUDING HOW EACH INDIVIDUAL VOTED.

The proposal requires a clear majority of Approval votes to succeed. Ties are counted as if the proposal has been Opposed. Hope that's all clear.

I have a complete set of votes. Result to be posted imminently.

McCrow watched the discussion intently. There was a great deal of opposition to Chaotix’s proposal and mistrust simmered around the table.

Before too long, the Team reached a conclusion and voted:

MISSION THREE - Leader = CHAOTIX

proposal:
    Darth Feather
    B_Ray
    edse
    BSmith

APPROVE
    (Chaotix)
    edse

OPPOSE
    BSmith
    B Ray
    Darth Feather
    Visorslash
    Jarema
    Makrell

‘The proposal has clearly been OPPOSED, and so leadership passes in turn to DARTH FEATHER. I don’t have to remind you all that we have a deadline to get this mission underway.’

‘You may continue to discuss who is for who and why people voted the way they did, but as soon as DARTH FEATHER makes his proposal, we’re going straight back into voting mode - to approve or oppose it. Carry on.’

Same mission?
    Last edited by Visor; 02-04-2013 at 13:47.

OOC: Yes. We are still on Mission Three. We remain on M3 until we have a Team Proposal which is approved (at which point the Mission is attempted), OR until the proposals have been OPPOSED five times in a row, at which point the Empire wins automatically.

Alrighty. Myself, BRay, Darth and Jarrema, let's ship out this time.

Locked and loaded.

NEXT MISSION TEAM IS

VISORSLASH
    B_RAY
    DARTH FEATHER
    JAREMA

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    NEXT MISSION TEAM IS

VISORSLASH
    B_RAY
    DARTH FEATHER
    JAREMA
    Approval vote sent.

McCrow cast her worried eyes over her Team. The votes were cast and the outcome was conclusive:

MISSION 3: LEADER: DARTH FEATHER

VISORSLASH
    B_RAY
    DARTH FEATHER
    JAREMA

APPROVE
    (Darth Feather)
    Visorslash
    edse
    B_Ray
    Makrell
    BSmith
    Jarema

OPPOSE
    Chaotix

It seems you're calling the shots Droid Lazy acknowledged before flicking on the mic.

'OK - listen up folks. The Team is approved. This is our last chance to disable the defensive lines of that Orbital Base. The Empire knows we're coming and I think we all know our chances of success are slim, but if we've managed to pick a clean Team - a loyal Team - then maybe, just maybe we're back in the game.

Those of you on the Mission...Suit up. You've got 30 mins to get kitted out and up to the shuttle bay. Your explosive charges will be given to you en route. Those among you who are loyal - Good Luck. That is all.'

Mission Three is GO.
    VISORSLASH
    B_RAY
    DARTH FEATHER
    JAREMA

Please send your Mission Orders at your earliest convenience.

I AM EVEN MORE CONVINCED EDSE IS SCUM. IF HE WOULD FOLLOW HIS OWN REASONING HE SHOULD DISSAPROVE

Man, if I am wrong ,please lynch me or drop me in a barrel of sulphuric acid

Complete set of orders received. Writeup to follow

Lazy hit rewind and watched the monitor once again as it showed the small Imperial shuttle enter the maintenance shaft of the vast Orbital Base. The shuttle carried the civilian engineers tasked with monitoring the Shield systems of the gargantuan Empire outpost. As the replay showed the shuttle docking next to the Shield receptors she relived the moment she had detonated the charges that the Mission Team had planted onboard. The was a blinding white flash followed seconds later by a huge spurt of flame and then cascade of debris bursting forth into the vacuum of space from the shaft. The chain reaction caused by the bombs detonation was visible on the surface of the Base. There was no doubt that the shields would not be operative any time soon.

Sensors flickered, signalling the return of the Mission Team. As the roll doors of the elevator opened, the Team were met with the whoops and applause of the Resistance adjutants and service staff who - even now - were prepping for the follow up Mission.

With something between a swagger and a stumble, VISORSLASH emerged behind the Biotic G.I. DARTH FEATHER. Both B_RAY and JAREMA followed next, being careful to circle the puddle of urine that the demolitions expert had left in the elevator.

‘Shuckshesh!’ screamed the mad bomber ‘That’ll show thoshe Empire boysh which shide their shoesh are tied up!’

A small team of adjutants hurried to the Operations table as VISORSLASH was noisily sick beneath it.

With a frown, Lazy made ready with her speech.

‘Congratulations troops. Our third Mission was a success and the shields are down, but getting wasted and falling apart is not on the agenda. Someone sober that fool up. We’ve got a window of opportunity here, a window which could either allow us access to the Bases’ mainframe, or a window which will lead our efforts plummeting into failure, if our next Team doesn’t do the job. We’re still on a knife edge, but we’re back in the fight.’

‘Here’s the tally folks:

THE MISSIONS:
    1st Mission Team: 3 Members (Jarema, Chaotix, Darth Feather) FAILED (2 Success, 1 Failure)
    2nd Mission Team: 4 Members (Jarema, Chaotix, BSmith, Makrell) FAILED (2 Success, 2 Failure)

3rd Mission Team: 4 Members (Jarema, Darth Feather, B_Ray, Visorslash) SUCCEEDED
    4th Mission Team: 5 Members*
    5th Mission Team: 5 Members

*This Mission requires a minimum of 2 MISSION FAILS orders for it to fail.

‘We need five members selected for the Mission... EDSE you’re up’

The grizzled Assault operative nodded. His scarred visage was calm and steady, despite the responsibility that had been handed to him.

‘We’ve got a foot in the door already with this one.' Lazy concluded, 'Mission Four will be particularly difficult for any Imperial Spies to sabotage. Let’s hear what the Team has to say and get a proposal on the table as soon as you’re ready’

CHAOTIX IS MOST CERTAINLY GUILTY. NEXT MISSION WILL SUCCEED. EDSE JUST HAS TO MAKE A TEAM OF US FOUR AND EITHER MAKRELL OR BSMITH OR EVEN HIMSELF. BECAUSE THE MISSION ASKS FOR TWO FAILLURES, THE MISSION WILL SUCCEED. I AM POITING MY SECOND ARM OF MASS-DESTRUCTION TO CHAOTIX AND HAVE A REQUEST TO PUT CHAOTIX IN A BARREL OF SULPHURIC ACID THUS KILLING ONE SPY.

Well, this was easy. My proposal for my proposed team is Jarema, Darth Feather, B_Ray, Visorslash and me. Okay?

Proposal is tabled. Time to vote. (I shall send a PM to inform everyone of this)

Apporved

easy success is easy

Jarema, Darth Feather, B_Ray, Visorslash cleared.

Makrell or BSmith are the final scum.

I think it is Makrell, will take another look. Are we approving this one guys? Edse can't fail us.

Seems easy enough. Keep in mind that while it shouldn't be possible to fail this one, if there is a scum aboard, they likely won't even attempt to sabotage the mission, so we probably won't learn anything from a success. Mission 5 is going to be... tense.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Seems easy enough. Keep in mind that while it shouldn't be possible to fail this one, if there is a scum aboard, they likely won't even attempt to sabotage the mission, so we probably won't learn anything from a success. Mission 5 is going to be... tense.
    I'm really not getting anything townie from Makrell in this game, meanwhile I am from Bsmith. I would bet that he is the last townie resistance guy.

Let's roll this mission out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast