Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess Your Role II: Second Edition Role Insanity [Concluded]

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Default Guess Your Role II: Second Edition Role Insanity [Concluded]

Game description:

At the beginning of the game, every player would get a power role. But, they will NOT KNOW what role they got! Roles would be chosen at random. There would be only one role of given type (e.g. only one vigilante), but there can be more than one of similar roles (e.g. both sane and paranoid cop, or both doctor and CPR doctor).

Each night, each player has three choices:

a) He can try to use his ability without naming its target. If he has a role that do not have a target, he will get info ‘you did it!’. And, maybe, some other info (for example: ‘You learned that Jarema is innocent!’). Sometimes there would be no further info (for example, if character is a Curious Guy, and no one visited him). If he has a role that requires a target (or 2 targets) he would get info: ‘you must name your target!’, or ‘you must name your targets!’, and he will not use his ability during that night
    b) He can try to use his ability at one target. If he has role with single target, he will get info ‘you did it!’. And, maybe, some other info (for example: ‘You learned that Jarema is innocent!’). Sometimes there would be no further info (for example, if character is a doctor, and no one attacked his target). If he has a role that requires 2 targets he would get info: ‘you must name both your targets!’, and he will not use his ability during that night. If he has a role that does not have a target, he would get info: ‘you cannot choose targets for your ability!’, and he will not use it.
    c) He can try to use his ability at two targets. If he has role with two targets, he will get info ‘you did it!’. And, maybe, some other info. If he has a role that requires one target he would get info: ‘you must name only one target!’, and he will not use his ability during that night. If he has a role that does not have a target, he would get info: ‘you cannot choose targets for your ability!’, and he will not use it.

Mafia (if there is any) will also get a power role; these roles would be chosen from the same list, but with some restrictions (for example, no mafia mayor). One or more mafia member will get a role from special list of mafia roles.
    If there would be a cult, there will be three additional possible roles.

List of possible roles:
    1. Roles that do not have targets:

a. Insane Vigilante (kills random person)
    b. Monkey (gains info about random person innocence, for example: 'You learned that Jarema is innocent')
    c. Mayor (all night actions blocked, one use). KNOWS he is a mayor
    d. Commuter (cannot be attacked at night; cannot be used twice in a row)
    e. Lightning Rod (all actions are redirected to the player using it; cannot be used twice in a row)
    f. Paranoid Gun Owner (kills any person targetting him at night when he uses this ability)
    g. Curious Guy (learns who visited him that night)
    h. Judge Dread (kills random member of the lynch mob {people who voted for a lynched player during previous day})
    i. Gravedigger: when you use your ability, you can choose three roles from the roles of dead players. You will randomly get one of this roles. Cannot be used at night one; if attempted, you will get info: too early for using this role!)

2. Roles with a single target:

a. Skitzo (at random: protects, attacks, scans, roleblocks his target)
    b. Sane Cop, Macho Cop, Paranoid Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop
    c. Protector (protect against night actions other than attack)
    d. Doctor (can protect one character against attack at night; cannot protect himself),
    e. Bodyguard (as doctor, but dies if succesfully protects someone)
    f. CPR doctor (can protect one character against attack at night; cannot protect himself ; if protected character is not attacked, he dies)
    g. Jailkeeper (protects and roleblocks one target)
    h. Roleblocker
    i. Role Scanner (gains info about role name; in case of scum you can get false name of a role - e. g. serial killer would be scanned as vigilante)
    j. Village fool: target learns that you are innocent
    k. Vigilante (kills target)
    l. Tracker (learns what target was doing at night)
    m. Watcher (learns who visited target)
    n. Recruiting Mason (you recruit target person to your innocent proved group. If you try to recruit scum, you and rest of your group die)
    o. Recruiting Neighbor (you recruit target person to your group. you got no info about his/her innocence)

3. Roles with two targets:

a. Bus Driver (switches two persons. If bus driver switches player A and player B, and then player A is attacked, player B is attacked instead of him)
    b. Taxi Driver (switches night action consequences for 2 persons. For example, taxi driver switches player A and player B, then player B attacks paranoid gun owner. As a switched consequence, player A dies)
    c. Connector – creates quick topic for two people. One-time use only
    d. Amor – creates a pair of lovers. One-time use only. Can use this ability only when including himself as one of targets.
    Lover: from now you are lovers with player XXX. If one of you die, the other will die too. You share a qt. You can win either with your 'old' victory condition, or when you two outnumber other players.

e. Mini-bus driver - changes scan results between two players (limited bus driver)
    f. Oracle - sends info about Target A role to Target B; cannot use this ability on himself
    g Dream Mage- sends info about Target A affiliation to Target B; cannot use this ability on himself

List of possible mafia roles:

1. Yakuza - once per game, you can 'yak': you commit suicide, and your target becomes mafia. if you are protected while 'yakking' you survive.
    2. Silencer – your target cannot post anything other than his vote during next day. You cannot use this ability on the same person twice in a row.
    3. Framer – for all scanners, your target will appear mafia.
    4. Blackmailer – you decide for who your target will vote during next day. You cannot use this ability on the same person twice in a row.
    5. Role-stealer – if your target dies during the same night, you get his role.
    6. Informant – you got copies of all messages that your target gets from me at the end of the night. You cannot use this ability on the same person twice in a row.
    7. Witch – you put a curse on your target. If your target is visited by anyone else than mafia during the same night, he dies. Both doctors (and all their variants) and protectors will protect against this ability.

List of possible third-party roles (they will know what their role is):
    1. Vengeful killer: you are a killer with night-kill immunity. If you are attacking someone who voted for you last day (only final vote counts if that player changed his vote during day), then you can kill through protection.
    2. Ninja: you are a killer who is invisible (you will not be seen as visiting someone), untrackable (appears to be sitting at his home), unblockable, & scans as average townie. In other words, immune to abilities of: tracker, watcher, roleblocker, policeman, and roles based on those (like jailkeeper).
    3. Electro Maniac: you are a killer with special killing method. You can pick a player every night. That player becomes charged with electricity. If your target is already charged, you will electrocute and kill him on your next visit. Charging bypasses doctors and bodyguards, but not protector. If a charged player visits another person who is also charged, they both become electrocuted and die. This can happen as early as second night (when second victim is picked by you). This effect bypasses doctors and bodyguards, and also protectors. You are immune to electricity yourself. If someone roleblocks you, scans you, curse you, or silences you, he becomes charged with electricity. Charged players will not know that they are charged.
    4. Bomber: you are a killer with special killing method. As a night action, pick a player. From now, this player is carrying a bomb. Giving player a bomb bypasses doctors and bodyguards, but not protector. As a night action, you can blow up all players with bombs. This bypasses doctors and bodyguards, and also protectors. Players with bombs will not know that they are carrying a bomb.
    5. Voodoo Master: each night, you can revive one character as a zombie. It would be announced in the game thread. Zombies can be killed/lynched normally. Zombie player does not play or post, his character is only an empty husk. All zombies vote the same way that you do (be careful! It can reveal you; there is no work-around for it). Zombies cannot use any abilities. You cannot be killed at night or lynched if there is at least one zombie alive; one of them is killed instead of you. You win when number of zombies (plus you) is higher than number of remaining living players (not including you).
    6. Vampire: each night, you may bite one person. If you bite one person two times in a row (not necessarily at consecutive nights, but without biting anyone else between bites), he becomes a vampire, identical to you (and you both can pass the curse of vampirism to the next victims). From now on, you share a victory condition and a quicktopic. If two vampires bites the same person during one night, he dies. If there is vampire in the game, one townie will get role of ‘vampire hunter’.
    Vampire hunter: you can target one player. If he is vampire, you will learn about it. If he has been bite by vampire, you will learn about it. Person whom you have chosen as a target is protected against vampire bite during this night. You are immune to vampire attacks

7. Vile Amor: every night you can create pair of lovers. Their know that their love is cursed – unlike standard lovers, they cannot win together as a lovers. But still, if one of them dies, the second one dies too. You are immune to night kills. Two times per game you can attack someone at night. You are immune to single vampire attack, but you will die if two of them attack you at the same night.
    8. Spree Killer: The Spree Killer can visit another player's house and kill everyone present at that house. Being "present" is defined as having targetted that player at night. A player is NOT present at their own house if they have targetted someone else as a night action. Player IS present at their own house if they do nothing or use role without a target. Spree killer can visit himself. He is immune to all forms of night attacks.

List of additional roles possible if there is a cult (guaranteed at least one of them):

1. Priest: protects one person from being recruited into cult
    2. Prophet (anti-cult scanner): scans one person for being cult or not
    3. Fanatic: it is role without target. If someone tries to recruit him into cult when this power is used, he fails and fanatic learns his name

If there is cult, vamipre, or something like this, than other scum characters are immune to convertion.

At the end of night, player who tried to use his ability will get message with 2 parts. First, describing if he used his ability. Second, describing if he learned something at night, or did something evident, or something happened to him.

For example, Jarema uses his ability on ATPG. Jarema gets this two-part pm:

1. You used your ability!
    2. You learned that ATPG is innocent

Now, Jarema still does not know what his ability is. He can be a cop, of course. But he can be also a skitzo. Or, he can have other role (for example doctor), but ATPG, who is Village Fool, used his ability at him at the same time... Or, Jarema is vigilante, but ATPG was protected, AND dream mage targeted Jarema and ATPG.

Another example: ATPG tries to use his ability on Chaotix. He gets this info:
    1. ‘you cannot choose targets for your ability!’
    2. You learned that Visorslash is innocent.

Now, he has some info to think about...

Meanwhile, Visor uses his ability on Choxorn. He gets 2 pms:
    1. You used your ability!
    2. There is qt for you and Choxorn.

Now, Visor is probably either a recruiting mason, or a recruiting neighbour. But he does not know which one!

Rules:

1. If not said explicitely, standard rules apply
    2. Vote by using vote: Jarema format. if you want to change your vote, unvote first
    3. No communication outside game thread (with exception of qt - you will be notified if you have access to any)
    4. Players will be WoGed if their miss their third vote in a row
    5. There will be role and alignment reveal on death (but not sanity reveal)
    6. You can talk after game in the game thread, but do not reveal any information not already in the game thread
    7. Fun is not an option, it is obligatory

Special Host Powers:
    If randomly generated set of roles is evaluated by me as totaly unbalanced or unplayable (like mafia having roles of vigilante, cpr doctor and a witch, for possible 4 kills per night), I will re-generate set of roles.
    Also, if I evaluate set of roles as boring or stupid, I will regenerate them
    Last edited by Jarema; 03-08-2013 at 10:36.

Default Re: Guess Your Role II: Second Edition Role Insanity

This game is a sequel of Gues what your role is, (aka 'role insanity')

For those who did participate in the first game, rule changes:
    1. No night zero - town was too powerful last game, this will make it less so
    2. Minor tweaks to some roles

Players
    1. Ishmael
    2. Darth Feather
    3. Makrell, role-stealer
    4. BSmith
    5. Riedquat, cpr doctor
    6. Edse, jailkeeper
    7. Arjos lightning rod
    8. Montmorency
    9. Gaius Scribonius Curio
    10. Robbiecon
    11. B_Ray, roleblocker
    12. Elite Ferret village fool
    13. LazyMcCrow policeman
    14. Rickinator Vampire
    15. Autolycus vampire hunter
    Last edited by Jarema; 03-16-2013 at 18:49.

I can't go past this - in please!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

In of course.
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 02-21-2013 at 11:23.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

i can pass this, but i wont

IN

In please.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

In please!
    returning to the shadows.....

I just read the previous game thread and OMG! I survived that game. I must be in this one as well.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

In ^^

Yes.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Sounds like great fun! In!
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Desynchronized Member robbiecon's Avatar

I remember enjoying this first time out. So I'm back for take two. IN

Welcome all people here

I hope we can have a little more players than last time

I'd like to join!

In!

I would like to have at least 15 players, but more would be appreciated. I will advertise this game a little.

Sorry I had not signed up before Jarema, it seems difficult to get many numbers right now. I'm just trying to finish writing the intro to my game, but it would seem churlish not to play yours, given the support you have shown me - even though the premise of your game frankly terrifies me :) Anyway, with only mild trepidation, please count me IN

Sure, I'll be in.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Let's help you begin
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Welcome you all, I am grateful you join us.
    I will probably start this game tommorow. (so, about 20 hours left for signups)
    For now, there is the lowest number of players needed achieved, but it would be nice to see more people - in this game, I feel, every additional role adds a lot to the whole picture of the gameplay

Day 1 begins.

Days will last 48 hours. When there would be 8 players or less, they will be shortened

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

And we have a winner: vote: makrell

If random.org says so it must be true.
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Default Re: Guess Your Role II: Second Edition Role Insanity [SIGN-UPS]

Number 12 is vote: Elite Ferret

7 is always suspicious Vote: Arjos
    returning to the shadows.....

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

vote: Darth Feather

Today's the 2nd of March
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

vote:Riedquat

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Vote: Gaius Scribonius Curio, Romanes eunt domus! :P
    (disclaimer, that is no proper latin)

Eu bay bay

Vote: Crow
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

1 is 1 and all alone and ever more shall be so: vote: Ishmael

vote: autolycus, for being the werewolf role.

(Disclaimer: to the best of my knowledge there is not, in fact, a werewolf role)

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast