Thread: Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Default Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013

I've compiled this list of what I thought would be the Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013.
    What do you think? Did I miss out on something? If you can give some good suggestions, I'd be happy to include them on the list and give you the credit.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013

I haven't even been work through my 2012 list as yet. Got a lot of catching up to do.

I blame World of Tanks for that. MMO takes undue amount of my time.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Overall good list, though I wouldnt have put World of Warplanes or Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 on the list.

And I would have put War Thunder on the list (direct and better competitor to World of Warplanes).
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why Age of Wushu? Your description didn't sound too excited about it.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I was a beta tester for world of warplanes.

It's hard just to fly the bugger never mind fight.

I'm sticking with my tanks.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Metro: Last Light, Dragon Age III and Wasteland 2 are all conspicuously absent from this list. However, seeing as they each have their own unique handicaps (THQ died, Metro is with a new publisher which we've heard nothing about. Dragon Age III has released no new media in months, implying it could slip to next year, and Wasteland 2 being crowdfunded and still very much in alpha last time we saw it) I don't blame you for forgetting them.

Good list otherwise.

Hooahguy, War Thunder doesn't seem to be coming out this year yet, I'll keep an eye on that one.

Crazed Rabbit - as far as the Age of Wushu is concerned, I am kind of thorn between my expectation and that proverbial "I got a bad feeling about this". Combat looks awesome, timing and skill is required, however, I've heard a lot of complaints concerning the UI, overall gameplay and other problems that an Asian MMO has when trying to cross the oceans to the West. I would like to believe that it will be good, but I am not sure it might. Still, it is one of the most anticipated MMO's for 2013, if for no other reason than the fact that there are not many scheduled for this year.

Monk, I have missed out on both Metro and Dragon Age 3; too little noise about them, I'd say. Might conisder adding them to the list, I'll have to check them out. Wasteland 2 won't be out in 2013.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Some of my top games of 2013 are on that list, so I can agree with it. Although CoH2 now has a concrete release date: https://twitter.com/companyheroes/st...71636199587841
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

One of the ones I am personally anticipating is Dead State. That said, it's a pretty small game and I doubt it's worthy of consideration on a generalized list. It's also an indie game with a release date of December 2013, and I would be very surprised if it didn't slip into 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Voigtkampf View Post
    Wasteland 2 won't be out in 2013.
    My mistake

I think many of you will agree with me that Rome 2 is probably THE most anticipated PC game of 2013.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I don't know. Starcraft has a *huge* fanbase. GTA is also extremely popular. Watch Dogs, DayZ, and Bioshock all have a lot of press or popular prequels. I could see Rome being Top 5, but I don't know about THE top. Of course, I don't really follow gaming news closely, so my views are based on occasional skimming of sites.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Metro is with a new publisher which we've heard nothing about.
    You mean Metro or the new publisher? I think Deep Silver is a decent publisher, they're a label of Koch Media and I think Risen and some other games I have were published by them, no complaints from my side so far.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Deep Silver/Koch Media got game, they'll do a good job. Saints Row and Metro bases are low belong to them.

Crazy Bunny, heck, yeah, there are quite some titles that will be sold in bigger numbers than Rome 2 - I was actually talking more about us here, folks at Org, who got taste and know which game is the truly best and most innovative and haz most cowbell of them all.

Personally, I love Starcraft, but I'll choose Rome 2 over Heart of the Swarm any day.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Here in the UK we have no need of such lists, the latest version of Football Manager is always the most anticipated PC game.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 03-11-2013 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    You mean Metro or the new publisher? I think Deep Silver is a decent publisher, they're a label of Koch Media and I think Risen and some other games I have were published by them, no complaints from my side so far.
    I meant Metro of course, Deep Silver are a publisher I'm familiar with. Leading up to THQ's death the metro team went pretty silent in releasing media, and since the publisher's demise we've not heard much about the game. Just idle thoughts
    Last edited by Monk; 03-11-2013 at 21:03.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

haha, SC2, doesn't even belong in the game category

it's actually just alien software dropped off to program the humans dumb enough to play it so they've got some decent data entry speed when needed