Thread: World Stage

Default World Stage

Universo Virtual is pleased to announce the release of World Stage Demo.

Feel free to download it from HERE

Enjoy!

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: World Stage

So, basically, you've changed the name of Magna Mundi and are now trying to release it? Is that even legal after your problems with Paradox?

We have no problems whatsoever. You can follow us at:

Facebook

Twitter

You're clearly still using the EU3 engine and tons of Paradox assets. You've also simply copy and pasted all of the Dev Diaries from the Paradox forum to your site. These things indicate to me that you would probably be running afoul of Paradox's copyrights unless you have reached some kind of agreement with them to resolve this situation. If you have no problems as you claim, then you must have finally reached an agreement with Paradox allowing you to release the game. It would be reassuring if you could confirm that situation so that we could put all that nastiness behind us and look at the game objectively instead of through the cloud of the previous difficulties.

[edit] Also, the zip of your demo appears to be partially corrupt. Even after repairing it manually I can't even find an executable to allow me to launch the program. Your game manual still has links to the Paradox forum, FYI.
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-19-2013 at 21:03.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    [edit] Also, the zip of your demo appears to be partially corrupt. Even after repairing it manually I can't even find an executable to allow me to launch the program. Your game manual still has links to the Paradox forum, FYI.
    Yep same here. Archive appears to be corrupted/damaged and cannot be extracted. Didn't see an .exe when I explored it with winrar either, and the file tree certainly looks based off of paradox programming.

Judging by the fact the dev diaries, the screenshots, and the files are exactly the same as MM before its cancellation, it's pretty clear what this is. That, and the fact you didn't rename any of the Magna Mudni assets on your web page of course. They are all still named after MM and a quick look at your HTML code is pretty telling. Quite interested to hear if your legal issues with Paradox are resolved.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-20-2013 at 00:15.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    You're clearly still using the EU3 engine and tons of Paradox assets. You've also simply copy and pasted all of the Dev Diaries from the Paradox forum to your site. These things indicate to me that you would probably be running afoul of Paradox's copyrights unless you have reached some kind of agreement with them to resolve this situation. If you have no problems as you claim, then you must have finally reached an agreement with Paradox allowing you to release the game. It would be reassuring if you could confirm that situation so that we could put all that nastiness behind us and look at the game objectively instead of through the cloud of the previous difficulties.

I, too, would appreciate a clarification.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

That went well....................

Universo Virtual owns all the rights, title and interest to the computer engine and the work done.

That is very convincing....

BTW why is it that when I click on the Wallpapers link, I'm taken to the 'Meet the Devs' page?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Why do you guys care? It's between them and Paradox... You're not gonna be prosecuted if you download the demo.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Why do you guys care? It's between them and Paradox... You're not gonna be prosecuted if you download the demo.
    The demo doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    The demo doesn't work.
    It does now. I just re-downloaded it and the folder extracts properly and there's an executable which launches the game. I don't have time to actually play the thing at the moment, but it does appear to at least work.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Is there supposed to be some kind of official forums for the game?
    BLARGH!

I've played the game for a couple of hours and it has plenty of potential, however at this stage it's still barely playable. The game is stable, there are no crashes so far and all the big features seem to be working, however there's plenty of interface bugs and missing localizations and the overall interface seems "laggy" at times. Then again, this is what a demo/open beta is for, polishing and balancing the final product, although i am worried there may be some broken mechanics/AI bugs under the hood which would require more extensive code changes.
    But yeah, an official forum would really help players submit bugs and give feedback. I got a lot of time on my hands for the next month or so, so i'd be more than happy to help one of the games i was looking forward to for the last 3 years come to life. So in case anyone inside the project reads this thread, help us help you.