Thread: [Graphic card settings] need some advice on how to make Eb look better

Default [Graphic card settings] need some advice on how to make Eb look better

Just return to EB with a brand new graphic card ( http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/de...eforce-gtx-660 http://www.gigabyte.com.ro/products/...px?pid=4361#ov ).Ive been looking for the best quality setings on several forums and reached to the ones from above

EB has only a minimal video options so I wonder :
    Which setings in my Nvidia CP have and which dont have any effect on the game graphics?
    Which of Nvidia setings can contradict with ingame ones and which enhance them ?

Im asking all of thse cause Im not satisfied on how the game looks: the textures are too dark,colors not tooo vivid etc.Maybe some of the video options need to be unchecked like DETAILED UNIT SHADOWS or UNIT SHADERS and what exactly is the effect of the second one on the graphics. They should be both turn off or just the second one. What about the widescreen mode: it really widens the frame and you can see more on the screen or..? From what I can see it just narrowing the units.
    Desynccronize animations? what the hell is that? and why should be checked?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24032013195333.png 
Views:	385 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	8833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24-03-2013 19-53-33.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	8832  
    Last edited by Kranos; 04-01-2013 at 17:08.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: [Graphic card settings] need some advice on how to make Eb look better

Desynch animations means that things like swaying horse tails, the whole unit of horses wont be swaying their tales identically. You don't really notice it to be honest.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Default Re: [Graphic card settings] need some advice on how to make Eb look better

You could, try a RSII-for-EB Enviroment revolution. With enough people onboard we could topple that daft Vartan. He's growing old anyway. Or you could just convince Robin and then we'll put him in the throne as our puppet, muahahaha, none shall challenge our new dominion.
    Last edited by -Stormrage-; 03-25-2013 at 13:34.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

See its not really effective to make your plans public that I would be your puppet. Now you will need to look elsewhere.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    See its not really effective to make your plans public that I would be your puppet. Now you will need to look elsewhere.
    Darn

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

RS2 environment is too much hassle for relatively little game, since we play on flat maps anyway .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Ive found the video options explained on heaven games.com http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/info/...ns/index.shtml

It seems the meaning of Desinchronize animations is far from your explanation Robin. I still cant figure how to set it in order for the game to look better ?
    The last one of these smaller options, Desynchronise Animations, requires some detail. Originally, I thought Desynch Animations meant the men in the units would not be in synchronization with each other, giving more individuality. Cool! I thought then- but that was a wrong assumption. What this actually does is remove the lag time from the computations. When it is unchecked, the computer will put together every unit's animations, synchronize them, and then display them. With Desynch checked, the computer no longer waits for the synchronization - it merely displays the action. Quite handy!
    I could never guess Unit shaders have this effect, even less since I cant see any difference with this on or off.
    Unit Shaders is the third. This option may not be necessary to have checked on every computer- it depends on your video card. On my computer, I see absolutely no difference when I have this checked or unchecked. Others see a major difference- the legs and feet of their soldiers are sticks and clumps if unchecked. If human-looking legs are important to you, check this box. If your rig has power to spare, check the box. If you have little power or don't care about stick-legs, uncheck. Your choice.

Do you guys have Nvidia. What settings are u using ? because the darker textures it looks they come from there

And yes we need RS2 maps.