Thread: Spartacus Campaign possible?

Default Spartacus Campaign possible?

I was looking forward to making an campaign in which to play the rebels of the third servile war. I had some ideas, but my modding skills are ... quite basic.

I was thinking of using a faction that is no already in game and moving it to start in Southern Italy. One idea was taking Baktria, Hayasadan, Pontus or Lusotan simply moved in southern Italy having two half stacks with two generals Spartacus and Crixus. I think it is possible to spawn those two armies by script, though don't know the exact way of making the script. There were some on the forum, but people argued of those being not correctly. Could script those two armies as romans and then give with force diplomacy all cities but Capua let's say to Carthage. And maybe fleeing to India so as to mimic the flight of the slaves from the Romans away from their grasps.

What I tried is giving the generals as starting generals for the Getai the leaders of the slaves, but failed as the campaign crashes at the start. I'm quite disappointed with this.

if anyone has any idea or interest in the matter please say.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Spartacus Campaign possible?

Moving thread to the EB submod forum

Yes, it's possible to generate an army via a script. Check out Hax's civil war guide for details. Unfortunately, this army can only consist of units that the owning faction can recruit. Since all high-end Roman units are unique to Rome, you cannot use these in the "rebel" armies.

(You could modify the EDU file to assign the Roman units to the "Spartacus" faction, but that may result in model-sharing conflicts, so I am not sure this will work.)
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Spartacus Campaign possible?

Thanks Ludens for the quick answer!
    I might eventually find those stuff. But it might be more bumpy. So the things I would need would be a correct script to recruit the so called armies. I don't care about the units, I might just bribe the slave leaders to say getic faction and just keep going like that.
    This. And if it possible to kill some FM.

So if anyone knows how to spawn an army please say... I searched and messed 3 installs yesterday. :)

Thanks

Blog Entries

Apologies, I thought that was covered in Hax's guide. There are two ways to span an army: with the console (check the docudemon files) or with a script.

Post Re: Spartacus Campaign possible?

My bad, I was looking in particular the way to spawn the generals.

"create_unit
    Availability: campaign
    Usage: create_unit <settlement/character_name> <unit_id> <opt:how_many> <opt:exp/armour/weapon>: creates one or more units of the specified type "

This is from the command from the docudemon files. It creates a unit/ more units, but i guess if I give the command create general it will fail. (create_unit <named general> <unit_id - here the id of the basic univ infantri/cav>, general, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 20, x 89, y 80) < this would be a line. Can it be done like this and if so what would the unit id be? Ex.:dacian_cavalry_phylakes_daoi ?

Honestly, I don't think by console I can add it, it would be just to simple.

So by script
    script
    spawn_army
    faction romans_julii
    character Flavius Julius, general, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 20, x 89, y 80
    unit roman generals guard cavalry, soldiers 20 exp 9 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit roman legionary first cohort ii, soldiers 40 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit roman legionary cohort ii, soldiers 60 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit roman praetorian cohort i, soldiers 60 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    end_script

I put this in the show_me folder at the scripts or should i stick the portion somewhere to the generic script (the eb script). Of course, with the generals name and unit changed, but now I just copied the sample from the thread you gave me.

I wrote a wall of text here :D.
    What I actually want it's the way to make at the start of the campaign or later turn, not of importance a character on the map, via script or console. I mean, it was possible for the Carthaginians to get the spartan general via script at a certain date. Besides the script added should I change any other files?

Blog Entries

I am afraid I've never done that myself. Why don't simply copy and adapt the section of the script that spawns the Spartan general for Carthage?

I'll look into it with the spartan general and tell you what I succed.

I've made a save-game with the conditions of revolt.
    It has the historical factions at the moment of the revolt adjusted for the game and a scenario in which the slave armies get to pass to Sicily and regroup there.

In the starting family there are Sweboz, Arveni and Getai.
    What you do next is to each his own decision. Set a foothold on Sicily? March directly to the mainland to capture Rome as Crixus would have wanted to? Try to get back to the northern homelands and settle them?

spartacus.7z