Thread: Battle "feel"

Default Battle "feel"

Will you do anything about how the battles "feel" in EB 2?
    For me Medieval 2 battles always felt slightly sluggish and unresponsive, especially when ordering units.
    Units would from time to time just not do what I ordered them to. Archers not firing, only half of the unit attacks the rest just stand there and such.

Also, will you do something about archers constantly using the extremely inaccurate fire-upwards-shot?

Default Re: Battle "feel"

This is the main reason why I still stick with RTW. In Medieval units act like they're fighting under water. And they're being unresponsive often.

It's been a long time since I've played vanilla M2TW, but the mods I've played (mainly Stainless Steel) seem to handle fairly well, certainly no worse than RTW. I'm not experienced with modding, but from what I've read, all ranged units can have their minimum and maximum angles defined, so EB2's team should be able to adjust this as they see fit.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by cahtush View Post
    Also, will you do something about archers constantly using the extremely inaccurate fire-upwards-shot?
    EBII has its own animation for bows, iirc it was previewed in the people of North Africa preview...