Thread: Anyone want to play MP?

Default Anyone want to play MP?

Does anyone want to play MP MTW/VI? If so PM me and we can work out details i guess.

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone want to play MP?

I haven't checked, are the gamespy servers for MTW still up?

No but Gameranger works

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

Ah ok. So I guess they are tunneling your LAN games, no gamespy lobby or chat?

Pretty much, it does have it's own pre-launch chat though

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

I will be playing only if the EBay dealer would have succesfully delivered the game :(
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

Hi, I'd love to play some games online.

I am able to log into Gamespy just fine. Perhaps you are having issues on your end? I hosted a battle this morning and was able to see it from the Gamespy Arcade software.

Prefer emails or pm.. ect?

Is there anything in particular you had to set up to log into Gamespy?
    And when i go to 'Play on Gamespy' there is no way button to click to log in... Please help?
    I had just assumed Gamespy doesn't work anymore because of reading something along those lines.

I think it was easy for me. Gamespy Arcade is on the Installation CD. Install it, if you like...but you don't have to.

Run the game without Gamespy: Start the game and click on Multiplayer. In there you will see an option to Register On Gamespy. After you click that option, it will take to you to the site for registration. Go through the steps to get a log-in... then click back to the Medieval program and click Play on Gamespy. Enter your new data to log in. If everything goes well, you'll see a screen that says Logged In. There is an option "Internet Games". Click on that and you are now in the Lobby.

With Gamespy: You have to install the software, from the Medieval CD. Register an ID, as above. Now log-into Gamespy Arcade software using that ID & info. You will have to manually add the Medieval Server to your list of Lobbies on the left panel. This is done through the Options-Games tab. Expand "More Games" to get a list for you to select Medieval Total War from.(either of the 2 Medieval Total War or Medieval Total War Viking Invasion with work, they take you to the same lobby). You then point the "Program Location" to your Medieval_TW.exe file. If you have the CD in, it should start the game fine from the software commands available. If you aren't using the CD, then make sure your Program Location is set appropriately, before you Create Game or Join Game from the Arcade. OPTION: You don't have to point to your ".exe" file if you don't want to. You will have to point to any 'dummy' .exe file to get the lobby saved to your "My Games" list. Just remember that Gamespy won't launch the game for you, without the proper .exe file. You'll have to launch it manually, from your CD or Desktop shortcut. (you can create any new notepad file and rename the extension to .exe for this trick)

Using Gamespy is a fast easy way to check the lobby and even stay in the lobby until another player arrives. It also works for Rome Total War I.

The Script errors and Black Tabs are old ads..just X those out when they come up. The Arcade loads those when you click on certain things..most likely you will see blank screens and no actual advertisements.

INFO:

Here is the link that the game takes to you for registration: https://login.gamespyid.com/login.as...238A53087A79D5

Here is the link to download Gamespy Arcade 2.0.5 (works with updated w7): http://download.cnet.com/Gamespy-Arc...9_4-12315.html
    Last edited by Mecoatl; 04-21-2013 at 19:46.

Thanks, I figured out what my problem was!
    Didn't press enter after putting in my CD key so there was no continue button...
    Dumb that it doesn't prompt you to press enter/confirm your CD key or anything, good thing that we now don't have to mess around with Gameranger!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagnar View Post
    Does anyone want to play MP MTW/VI? If so PM me and we can work out details i guess.
    hi are u up for a few mp games. we used to play time back and was hoping to get a few people back on for some 4v4's. hope to be playing u some time soon.:)

we have tried the online and it works fine hit me up at mindthevan@hotmail.co.uk:)

hi again we play viking invasion expansion for mtw. we are in lobby from 7pm onwards friday-sunday. we play version 2.01 if u only have medieval total war then u need to download patch 1.1 to b able to see people in the lobby and join games. maybe if u only have mtw n u patch it to version 1.1 then we will come to mtw for some games thanks

Hi guys,

Do you still play VI online?