Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EB 2 Progress And The Community!

Default Re: EB 2 Progress And The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Sounds like there is a lot of detail that was not in EB1 & sadly probably not needed as most people would have been happy basicly with EB1 on the M2TW engine . And now you are looking at RTW2 coming out before this and sorry to say the battles look amazing. It would be like playing MTW after RTW came out , just didn't happen for most people.
    Even if the battles look amazing I'm sure EB II will blow R2TW out of the water when it comes immersion and game play. The M2TW graphics still don't look that bad in my opinion. I think when it comes to improvements in graphics over time the law of diminishing returns applies; the difference in graphics between R2 and M2 won't be as great as the difference between MTW and RTW, especially when you consider the work put in by the EB artists, whose work usually looks much better than the vanilla product.

I can only agree with Tuuvi, also keep in mind that the weakpoint of M2TW(and ETW) graphics are the textures. Which at times are just awfully horrid. EB2 has all new textures and (as it seems) also adds a polygon here and there, resulting in a much better look. Just look at most major M2TW mods they all look much better than the original. EB2 will not look as flashy as R2TW but I think most EB fans consider graphics a secondary quality when it comes to games. And as I said before, free is much cheaper than 50 bucks plus maybe a new rig ;)
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

I truly believe the campaign part of the game will be the best ever from any game (EB2) , I just think CA is really trying on this next RTW2.

If there were not so many good mods for Ancient era, Rome II would be far more worse game at historical accuracy. Good mods forced CA to go into historical detail. Also I think that Rome II would not has much bigger map than Rome I if there weren't big-map-mods in Rome I. As you see Rome II's map extended towards east and south but it is not natural. They distorted so much those areas; Arabia, Persia. Even Europe has not proper map projection but so many of the people don't care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12