Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The Rumble 2013 [CONCLUDED]

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Default Re: The Rumble 2013

Congratulations to the town, and particularly Darth Feather: ATPG is correct. I had a feeling that you were the detective, but I was not sure enough not to kill BSmith first. Next time I will be braver.

I feel that the mafia had pretty poor luck, but having said that we made preventable mistakes: Visor failing to vote for JHT; El Barto being lynched; Darth not being targeted in the final round. Would I be correct in suggesting that I was not the first choice for scanning in the final round, but your original target was killed, DF?
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

True, I targetted Enderboy. A stroke of luck from my side.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    True, I targetted Enderboy. A stroke of luck from my side.
    Unfortunately for the mafia, not all of the town deaths due to inactivity helped them.

I established a very clear and unambiguous rule- if you signed up to Andres' game, you had precisely one survival against duel inactivity.

Anyone else in game who misses a duel, or has squandered their duel inactivity mercy shot, will die upon missing duel orders. I couldn't not enforce the rule, that would be playing favorites.

Mafia really needed those deaths, too. They were getting some much needed help until your scan target changed.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

what is a naive roleblocker?

I have no complaints, the rule was unambiguous and totally fair. As I said: preventable mistakes.

- Vergil

Someone who thinks they roleblock, but don't actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    what is a naive roleblocker?
    A roleblocker who is told they have a night action, but are unaware of what it is.

You were told you could deliver pizzas. You didn't realize anyone who ate a pizza would be otherwise too busy to do anything that night.

Not until you delivered pizza to yourself, would you realize you were a roleblocker.

Which, incredibly, you did.... and learned you were a roleblocker. Forgot which night that was.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: The Rumble 2013 [CONCLUDED]

And yes, I did invent that role.

There's another role with the same name, which is being told you're a roleblocker, but it doesn't function at all.

I think that's too cheesy, even for me. I prefer my version.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Didnt i send for Curio final night? I think I did, seeing as I threw pizzaz at him, why didnt that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    A roleblocker who is told they have a night action, but are unaware of what it is.

You were told you could deliver pizzas. You didn't realize anyone who ate a pizza would be otherwise too busy to do anything that night.

Not until you delivered pizza to yourself, would you realize you were a roleblocker.

Which, incredibly, you did.... and learned you were a roleblocker. Forgot which night that was.
    That sounds like Makrell.

Of course i sent it to myself, as i needed to learn the purpose, i knew it wasnt fatal as noone died from it.

Didnt i send for Curio final night? I think I did, seeing as I threw pizzaz at him, why didnt that work?
    You sent in an order for pizzas to Diana.

I just inserted you into the writeup because I was sad my awesome little pizzaguy role never really got to either stop a scumbag's kill, or even interfere with the town powers at all.

Nobody knew you had any powers all game. Was hoping we'd have a writeup where nobody died, and there were simply empty pizza boxes in the middle of town.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Of course i sent it to myself, as i needed to learn the purpose, i knew it wasnt fatal as noone died from it.
    A very clever move, actually. You would know what you were doing to yourself, at the very least. So your reasoning was extremely sound.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Be an interesting write-up for a 'naive' vigilante...
    Last edited by Gaius Scribonius Curio; 07-14-2013 at 11:15. Reason: Missing an 'r'

- Vergil

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Be an interesting write-up for a 'naive' vigilante...

Askthepizzaguy crept into Gaius' bedroom, not entirely sure why he was doing so.

He trembled with trepidation. The voices in his head would not stop telling him to visit strange men at night. He would wake up in the morning feeling sore, and having a bit of a headache, never quite remembering what he had done, only, that he had indeed visited them.

He decided to be prepared, just in case. He brought along a six pack of beers, hopeful that he had been spending his time watching Three Stooges reruns and getting smashed. He brought a hardhat and a large assortment of wrenches, just in case he was secretly a plumber that went around town fixing leaky pipes while sleepwalking. He brought a black mask to wear, just in case he was such a notoriously sneaky cat burglar, that he even fooled himself into thinking he was just an ordinary mild-mannered dude. He brought along a skimpy pink negligee, just in case he was playing for the other team and didn't even know about it. Not that there was anything wrong with that. It just would have shocked the hell out of him.

Gaius stirred in his sleep. "Askthepizzaguy... what are you doing in my bedroom, wearing a hardhat, a mask, and a skimpy pink negligee, while holding a wrench? And what are all those beers for?"

Askthepizzaguy shifted his feet nervously.

"I..... I don't know, Gaius. I only knew that I was drawn here by some hidden, irresistible force. And I didn't know what would happen when I arrived. But I am ready to finally find out what I've been doing at night."

Askthepizzaguy found himself being drawn closer, and closer.... and closer.

With a sudden swing, the wrench was embedded several inches deep in Gaius' skull. Gaius fell off of the bed, and lay in a pool of blood.

"Ohhhhhh.... I run around killing people every night. WHEW! Thanks Gaius. You don't know what a relief this is for me."

Gaius said nothing in return.

Askthepizzaguy began climbing out of the window, stopping himself only momentarily to offer parting words to Gaius.

"So umm..... call me?"
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

Jarema 

I am a little surprised no one is questioning my reasoning that if a roleblocker roleblocks himself, the roleblock succeeds.

...It's more than a little paradoxical.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

I am a little surprised no one is questioning my reasoning that if a roleblocker roleblocks himself, the roleblock succeeds.

...It's more than a little paradoxical.
    BWAM Brain exploded

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

The roleblocker is not roleblocked until his action is successful. Otherwise, he would be blocking himself before he had a chance to block someone, the someone in this case being himself. So, due to cause and effect, the roleblocker's action against himself must always be successful. Unless, of course, someone else blocks him. Then his action will be unsuccessful, even though he will still be roleblocked either way.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

To put it in even simpler terms- you can shoot yourself in the brain with a gun, but you can't shoot anyone else afterward.

The bullet does not enter your brain until after you've fired. So the bullet from your own gun can never prevent you from pulling the trigger which fires the bullet into your own brain. Unless you get yourself a time machine.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So, I've solved it neatly for you. All nice and tidy, with a bow. Paradox avoided.

Oh, but there is one more thing.

If he roleblocked himself, and he was successful in doing so, doesn't that mean he was actually unsuccessful in roleblocking himself? He failed to stop himself from roleblocking someone, after all.

BWAM. Re-exploded your brain.

(It's basically my hobby.)
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Askthepizzaguy crept into Gaius' bedroom, not entirely sure why he was doing so.

He trembled with trepidation. The voices in his head would not stop telling him to visit strange men at night. He would wake up in the morning feeling sore, and having a bit of a headache, never quite remembering what he had done, only, that he had indeed visited them.

He decided to be prepared, just in case. He brought along a six pack of beers, hopeful that he had been spending his time watching Three Stooges reruns and getting smashed. He brought a hardhat and a large assortment of wrenches, just in case he was secretly a plumber that went around town fixing leaky pipes while sleepwalking. He brought a black mask to wear, just in case he was such a notoriously sneaky cat burglar, that he even fooled himself into thinking he was just an ordinary mild-mannered dude. He brought along a skimpy pink negligee, just in case he was playing for the other team and didn't even know about it. Not that there was anything wrong with that. It just would have shocked the hell out of him.

Gaius stirred in his sleep. "Askthepizzaguy... what are you doing in my bedroom, wearing a hardhat, a mask, and a skimpy pink negligee, while holding a wrench? And what are all those beers for?"

Askthepizzaguy shifted his feet nervously.

"I..... I don't know, Gaius. I only knew that I was drawn here by some hidden, irresistible force. And I didn't know what would happen when I arrived. But I am ready to finally find out what I've been doing at night."

Askthepizzaguy found himself being drawn closer, and closer.... and closer.

With a sudden swing, the wrench was embedded several inches deep in Gaius' skull. Gaius fell off of the bed, and lay in a pool of blood.

"Ohhhhhh.... I run around killing people every night. WHEW! Thanks Gaius. You don't know what a relief this is for me."

Gaius said nothing in return.

Askthepizzaguy began climbing out of the window, stopping himself only momentarily to offer parting words to Gaius.

"So umm..... call me?"
    that is...
    the best short, improvised text I ever read.
    Great fun!
    thank you, ATPG

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Good game everyone. I can't believe I survived to the end. Thanks for hosting Pizza. Always love your write ups.
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Thanks for the game, Pizzadude, some great write ups.

Congrats town, and nice working with you Visor and Curio, even if we didn't set the world on fire with our epik skillz.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

What if you rolelock yourself, but are bussed?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Telling someone else to claim results for you was the winning move.
    …and lucky that it still resulted in a correct lynch with only his and my vote! I was a little worried that DF was a little too pro my opinion and had outted himself with his support.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

You're all forgetting the masterstroke that was me saving JHT.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    …and lucky that it still resulted in a correct lynch with only his and my vote! I was a little worried that DF was a little too pro my opinion and had outted himself with his support.
    I know, but as nobody seemed to jump to it, I decided to try to convince others. I was really deciding wether I should do it or not. If I wouldn't have voted for him, he would have gone free. But in the end it turned out well for the town.

@Askthepizzaguy for duel results?

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    @Askthepizzaguy for duel results?
    Oh my yes, I still have to do these don't I.

Got sidetracked by RL and the other game I'm hosting at Giraffe boards.

Grrrr I have to dig out my notes for the win/loss records. Bleh.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Oh yeah, um.... sorry. Kinda kept putting this off. I can't find my duel notes but it doesn't matter, there were two players with a flawless duel record, and they faced off against the game host and won, therefore winning the game also, with the town.

Insert epic duel writeup here. Sorry.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/PXyetVm3a3Nf

Here's their quicktopic which explains it all. One wins every duel if alive, one wins every duel while dead, and so they were completely undefeated because one didn't die until there were no more duels, and one didn't live past day one. The odds of that happening are astronomical.

Visorslash and Gaius Scribonius Curio officially win the game, with the townies.

Surprise!
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 09-11-2013 at 07:26.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314