Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1996

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I don't see it.

In fact I'd go so far as to say they look radically different.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Just told my ex that I never ever want to see or hear from her again, and finally blocked her on all forms of social media. Feels really really good. Especially after she told me that she dumped me to chase after an engaged guy. What a scumbag, I am so much better off. Past the mourning phase, well into the "I hate her guts" phase.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (2):

She seems to be such a dear. Almost felt bad for the engaged man, but adultery is morally reprehensible, so if he accepts her, he's definitely deserving that hurricane of immaturity and selfishness that is coming to him.
    Anyway, glad to hear that you've already recovered. Credit where credit is due, though, she did her best to appear as despicable as possible.

Member thankful for this post:

She tried to tell me how he broke off his engagement already, but social media and my friends who know him tell me that was a lie, so that really sped up the "getting over her" process too. She deserves everything that is coming to her. Im not sure I would say that I am totally over her yet, as I still think about her more than I should, but its negative thoughts, no pining for her.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-10-2017 at 15:48.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

And who knows, against all the odds your ex and her "otherwise affianced" object of desire may end up happily wedded and enjoying a little white-picket-fenced abode somewhere. My dad got my mom to break an engagement in order to marry him...and they lived happily together for 45 years.

What's demonstrably clear is that YOU cannot connect with her any longer and find her choices unworthy of trust -- and that sense of trust is vital. You are clearly well shut of her.

I would caution you, however, to let go of your hate as rapidly as you may. After nerving you to make the best decision for you, it ceases to have much value and will only weigh on your spirit, not hers. Do not wish her ill, and do not let her memory impinge on your heart. Her future is hers, not yours, and you can rightfully reflect now that "there, but for the grace of God (at least metaphorically, I do not recall if you are a believer), go I."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Just realised it's election year.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Over here too.
    Oh... does that count as politics?
    Oops.

Bring Back Buck

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

My thoughts have been quite random lately. The problem is that I can't articulate them competently at the moment.
    Silence is beautiful

Is it possible to have a lot of drama in your life without being the cause of it? They say that if it smells like everywhere you go, just look under your shoe.

Also I became an uncle.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Is it possible to have a lot of drama in your life without being the cause of it? They say that if it smells like everywhere you go, just look under your shoe.

Also I became an uncle.
    Congrats. Family to love with less of a direct financial responsibility. What is not to like?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Colonel In Chief Member PROVOST's Avatar

Also I became an uncle.

Yeah,sometimes stuff happens for all kinds of reasons and yet none of which are cause you bought it about.

Re: Becoming an Uncle,CONGRATS!!!

I have a 8 nephew who I always love to spoil and now a 7 mth old niece so even more of it to do.

It's excellent!!!!!
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

The first day of spring has arrived and I am glad that the winter is over. Although it is still somewhat cold in the mornings (sometimes still in the afternoon), the scent of spring can be perceived in the air and that is comforting.

It's funny. After and during the cold winter you long for a hot summer. When the hot summer arrives you long for the cold winter. Very strange.

I plan to revel in the heat this summer and completely abandon all notions of the cold winter that approaches. At least that is my plan. I will sip a glass of humidity this summer and dread the days when it again turns cold and the snow envelops me in a cloak of cold.
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    The first day of spring has arrived and I am glad that the winter is over. Although it is still somewhat cold in the mornings (sometimes still in the afternoon), the scent of spring can be perceived in the air and that is comforting.

It's funny. After and during the cold winter you long for a hot summer. When the hot summer arrives you long for the cold winter. Very strange.

I plan to revel in the heat this summer and completely abandon all notions of the cold winter that approaches. At least that is my plan. I will sip a glass of humidity this summer and dread the days when it again turns cold and the snow envelops me in a cloak of cold.

You seem to have several seasons a year. Interesting concept.

Csargo 

Yes. But the fact that you want one while experiencing another is the point I was making.

Currently spring, but still feeling like winter. I want summer.

When summer arrives, I hope to palate it. But will probably want winter.

Strange days indeed.
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    Yes. But the fact that you want one while experiencing another is the point I was making.

Currently spring, but still feeling like winter. I want summer.

When summer arrives, I hope to palate it. But will probably want winter.

Strange days indeed.
    I wasn't dismissing what you said. Almost all of us have those "the other grass is greener" moments. I was just making a cheap shot about my local lack of weather variation.

Understood. No insult on my part intended either.
    Silence is beautiful

So my car caught fire today. Was a fun experience.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (3):

Not being able to shake my sinus headache during the faculty meeting and my subsequent workout now doesn't seem so bad. Thanks HG

Ironically, I came here to post about a fire. My sympathies, Hookah, you seem to be really unlucky recently.

The Ministry of Culture renovates one of the oldest mosques in Europe.
    They use flame-cutting torches near buckets full of dye (which everyone having graduated from the elementary school knows that they are flammable).

Workers smell fire yesterday, call the firefighters, who, according to reports, either didn't see anything or tried to extinguish the fire, without checking out if the fire was really gone.
    During the night, the mosque is burnt entirely.
    I sincerely hope for the time that our German overlords assume control of that joke we call our homeland.

Gah!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

In what seems to be a break from a string of bad luck, I got an interview with a prestigious company for a summer internship! Finally something good.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (6):

Don't try razorless facial shaving cream.

That stuff is for the legs. Awful.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

LP's, loads of them. It isn't true that they sound better than cd's that's bull. But it's my pa's old collection and that makes it awesome. It took a LOT of effort to get things working but now that it does I am becoming an lp-snob just because I got hundreds of lp's to prove it when doubted. Now where is my quinoia I'm hungry, can't find my iPhone either

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Don't try razorless facial shaving cream.

That stuff is for the legs. Awful.
    I'd be more afraid of the razorful variant.

But good to know that I don't need it.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

If you think about it, in today's world we make a really big deal out of changing the polarization on round magnetic platters (or other storage devices) so that a piece of silicon and electrones can interprete them as a different collection of 0s and 1s that represent a virtual number in a bank account. It would be less weird if people didn't earn actual goods by changing these polarizations a few microseconds faster than their competition.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

You English-speakers have it easy, you don't have to worry about adressing someone correctly, you can just say 'you'. In Dutch or German or French you have multiple forms of 'you', the casual and the formal. Some people don't like to be adressed in either of these

The Big Down = best series ever

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is an experience which happened a while ago, but I still find it amusing.

I work with a black girl. She is very friendly, cockney-ish accent (raised in London) and kind of pretends to be dumber than she actually is at times which catches a lot of people off guard if they are biased/stigma. Anyway, one day, we were having group meeting and part of this she started mentioning about the transition from her home country when she was little to the UK. As you can imagine, people were curious, pondering which African country and people were wondering since she has never spoke about this before (We simply thought 'London born and raised'). Admittedly, I was thinking United States or maybe Caribbean islands at this point. One person finally asks, "Just out of curiosity, which country are you from?" and she replies, "Oh, I am from Austria." and the room just went kind of deadpan silence because no one remotely considered that country. You would think to cover up the embarrassment, the subject would be changed, but the person who asked kind of said "Well, I have to admit, I was thinking of somewhere like Africa where you were from." which made it even more cringeworthy.

Good story about making assumptions can be bad.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    This is an experience which happened a while ago, but I still find it amusing.

I work with a black girl. She is very friendly, cockney-ish accent (raised in London) and kind of pretends to be dumber than she actually is at times which catches a lot of people off guard if they are biased/stigma. Anyway, one day, we were having group meeting and part of this she started mentioning about the transition from her home country when she was little to the UK. As you can imagine, people were curious, pondering which African country and people were wondering since she has never spoke about this before (We simply thought 'London born and raised'). Admittedly, I was thinking United States or maybe Caribbean islands at this point. One person finally asks, "Just out of curiosity, which country are you from?" and she replies, "Oh, I am from Austria." and the room just went kind of deadpan silence because no one remotely considered that country. You would think to cover up the embarrassment, the subject would be changed, but the person who asked kind of said "Well, I have to admit, I was thinking of somewhere like Africa where you were from." which made it even more cringeworthy.

Good story about making assumptions can be bad.
    Unblockable icebreaker to deploy for this exact scenario: "Let's put another shrimp on the barbie then"
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The most successful film series in the history of mankind is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the Fast and Furious movies.

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast