Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1996

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

so bad.

And when I say match Holms striking I dont mean out strike. I simply mean that her camp thought they had done enough to neutralize it.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 11-17-2015 at 04:04.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Her arrogance is for the best of the sport. Her (undeserved) hype made her a personality to watch.

Now women's MMA really begins.

She should ditch that dirtbag coach. He told her she was doing great after that first round and still stands by it.

Buying into their own hype lately. Aldo is going to murder come December too.

UFC cash cows no more.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I think though in the end that Rousey was a net positive. Now more people are paying attention to women's MMA due to her popularity.

https://streamable.com/4pyk
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 11-17-2015 at 19:31.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Wooooo!!!

Who are you people?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

She kinda annoys me

Wooooo!!!

Impressive, memorial stones laid down in the house in front of me. As it turns out a jewish family was hauled out of that house and got a non-exclusive single-ticket. I knew it was a cloister, a brothel, and now a maffia runned Italian restaurant, but this was new to me, also for the guy who now lives above there. A lot of people attended, most really old, probably related in some way. Always something to see here.
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-22-2015 at 13:22.

Much fish burger. Very much fish burger.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Having to go back to the mechanics twice for a problem they caused is probably one of the more frustrating things, and its making me consider a new mechanic.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Most people don't know how to hunt. They just sit in a stand and hope a deer comes to them. That is hoping, not hunting. I move, find a deer/herd, and try to quietly stay ahead of it till a good shot opens. Me and my bros all got our first on the first day. Thanks to work I have only hunted twice, and I got a big, fat doe early in the morning each time. ( and I let some smaller doe and a scrawny buck go)
    Now I just have a buck tag to fill and my next day I can hunt is Sunday (the last day of gun deer season.)
    My neighbors cannot get crap and keep saying "nothing is moving". The problem is that they are not moving.
    People tell me it is stupid to hunt from the ground and that you will have better luck from a stand, but no matter where I hunt, I always bag more quicker than those around me. I hunt with a $100 WWII military surplus bolt action, a $6 call, and a cheap vest, and they spend thousands on trail cams, heated coveralls, expensive rifles, etc.

I think the problem is that average hunters are only in the woods during hunting season.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

A rifle is a rifle I got much older ones, WW1, works the same. I don't shoot at anything that's alive though I just can't, but cans are screwed

That is my point Frags: all the expensive gear in the world doesn't make up for lack of skill.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Members thankful for this post (2):

Boohoo. Bet she tasted good.

I couldn't do it myself but deer is TASTY

Just think of it this way. A deer dies one of 3 ways if a hunter does not harvest it:
    1. Being struck by a car or caught in machinery. This can be either very slow and painful or very quick. It is all chance.
    2. Disease/starvation. This is a horrible way to die and is slow and painful. Because we have driven out most natural predators, this way to die would happen a lot more if hunters did not help keep the herds at healthy levels as natural predators.
    3. Predators. This way just sucks. Non-human predators kill slow. The human being is the only predator on earth who will take into account the feelings of its prey when it kills it. Most humans will not take a shot unless they can kill the animal quickly and with minimal pain. Non-human predators will chew on its innards while it is alive for minutes bleeding out.

The way I see it is that the most humane way a deer can die is by my shotgun. I am not killing a deer as much as I am saving a deer from a much worse death.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Deer can die of old age.......I've seen the coyotes wait.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Just think of it this way. Grandma dies one of 3 ways if euthanasia does not end her:
    1. Being struck by a car or caught in machinery. This can be either very slow and painful or very quick. It is all chance.
    2. Disease/starvation. This is a horrible way to die and is slow and painful. Because we have driven out most natural predators, this way to die would happen a lot more to people if euthanasia does not help keep the population at healthy levels as a natural predator.
    3. Predators. This way just sucks. Non-human predators kill slow. The human being is the only predator on earth who will take into account the feelings of its prey when it kills it. Most humans will not take a shot unless they can kill grandma quickly and with minimal pain. Non-human predators will chew on its innards while it is alive for minutes bleeding out.

The way I see it is that the most humane way Grandma can die is by my shotgun. I am not killing as much as I am saving her from a much worse death.
    Interesting argument you put forward for a pro-euthanasia stance.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Husar 

OTOH, I'm pro-euthanasia at any age.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Just think of it this way. A deer dies one of 3 ways if a hunter does not harvest it:
    2. Disease/starvation. This is a horrible way to die and is slow and painful. Because we have driven out most natural predators, this way to die would happen a lot more if hunters did not help keep the herds at healthy levels as natural predators.
    3. Predators. This way just sucks. Non-human predators kill slow. The human being is the only predator on earth who will take into account the feelings of its prey when it kills it. Most humans will not take a shot unless they can kill the animal quickly and with minimal pain. Non-human predators will chew on its innards while it is alive for minutes bleeding out.

The way I see it is that the most humane way a deer can die is by my shotgun. I am not killing a deer as much as I am saving a deer from a much worse death.
    No need to justify it, hunters care much more about nature than city-folk usualy

Blog Entries

Got to love Storm Desmond and the floods it brings.

Seems my neighbourhood is seeing a string of arsons, possibly ethnically-motivated.

Here's one near my residence, around midnight on Sunday.

Vitiate Man.

wow. Is everybody ok?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Got to love Storm Desmond and the floods it brings.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35023558

Life in Urban Paradise?
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-10-2015 at 17:08.

So apparently Rousey is going to do a rematch with Holm and if she loses that one it seems she will quit.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

1. When all you can see is nails, only hammers make sense.

2. My process of discovery and intellectual engagement: bull in a perfume shop.
    Vitiate Man.

Look how cheap the tickets to Paris are! I heard that it's less crowded at the museums. I don't think another terrorist attack will happen there again so soon while the security level is high. This could be a good time to travel there.
    Wooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka_Khan View Post
    Look how cheap the tickets to Paris are! I heard that it's less crowded at the museums. I don't think another terrorist attack will happen there again so soon while the security level is high. This could be a good time to travel there.
    Ya just go. Tip, skip the Louvre it's too big and too boring. Go to the Musee du quai branly, much more awesome

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast