Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1996

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Someone was knocking on the window, so I thought someone had forgotten their keys. It was the police.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Someone was knocking on the window, so I thought someone had forgotten their keys. It was the police.
    Is it weird that my first thought would be that it was a raven?
    Wheel down, wheel down to southward! Oh, Gooverooska, go!
    And tell the Deep-Sea Viceroys the story of our woe;
    Ere, empty as the shark's egg the tempest flings ashore,
    The Beaches of Lukannon shall know their sons no more!

Rudyard Kipling, Lukannon

All I can say is that there are many ravens where I grew up (especially during the last two years or so), but I've never heard anything about them knocking on windows.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Time to start misbehaving, evermore

As an exercise, I was to trace the route of Internet packages from my computer to an arbitrary US server. I tried whitehouse.gov, nasa.gov, wikipedia.org, and none of these packages left Europe. My packages to foxnews.com did apparently not even leave the country (response time of 7 ms).

But, as expected, Kennebec Valley Community College delivered and brought my packets all across the Atlantic. Thank you, Kennebec. Wherever that is.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Thanks mom, you threw away my clothes that are at least worth 2000 euro, my Cavelli and Armani trousers alone probably are. And much more is gone. Still love you.

This makes me feel good. A jewish old couple was extremily violently attacked and robbed by obvious anti-semites, I'll leave the background of the assholes to your imagination. The women is in a wheelchair, husband is permanently blind. 15.000 was stolen. Weblog Geenstijl (much dispised by the msm) started a crowdfund to get it back, only took a few hours to get almost 20.000 and still counting, tommorow they will probably have twice as much as the amount of savings that were stolen.

Good job Geenstijl.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-13-2016 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Thanks mom, you threw away my clothes that are at least worth 2000 euro, my Cavelli and Armani trousers alone probably are. And much more is gone. Still love you.
    You 1%er bastard! BURN IN HELL!!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

What do you say when a very precious friend hints at making her pregnant. I really love her but, well but. Not the first time she hinted at it. I am freaked out.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-19-2016 at 01:35.

You give her a gift card to a sperm bank for Christmas.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Leo finally got his Oscar, and all the jokes die tonight.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/02/29/...y-or-a-righty/

3 questions to guess your political alignment. The conclusion to why it works makes sense.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Awesome dream. I was chosen for the Olympics games skiing. Minor problem, I have never skiid in my life. I never got to actually skii as I woke up, but the party was great.

@Beskar, I am a leftie. VIVA LA REVOLUTION
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-02-2016 at 08:43.

Blog Entries

@Beskar, I am a leftie. VIVA LA REVOLUTION
    I think you broke it.

I think the point they were making was that the right-wing might typically "label" people, rather than understand as an extension of someone doing something. The examples being "Fragony is feeling optimistic about this" and "Fragony is an optimist". Unfortunately, my friend list is not known for being particularly right-wing, so I haven't had someone turn up with the alternative result.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I spend over a half hour preparing and cooking delicious salmon for dinner and of course as Im transferring it from the oven to my plate it falls on the floor.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

Eat it anyway

A Nerd 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I spend over a half hour preparing and cooking delicious salmon for dinner and of course as Im transferring it from the oven to my plate it falls on the floor.
    Reminds me of a story where someone ran up the stairs with a plate full of spaghetti, in their hurrying opposed to taking their time, fell forward and covered themselves in it.

and I am sat there looking at them, thinking "wtf do I do?", ended up me having a extra smaller portion and lending clothes.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

There is nothing wrong with eating food off the floor as long as your floor is clean. I enjoy ramen noodles. I strain them like pasta and season them without the broth. One time, I dropped them on the floor while transferring them to the bowl. I just grabbed them and put them in the bowl and ate them. The floor actually cooled them off such that I could eat them faster. It was a delight.

The floor was not even immaculate, just moderately clean.
    Silence is beautiful

I also just pick it up. Very fast as I have three cats.

A Nerd 

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I plan to paint my closet (it's a walk in) to complete the apartment this summer. I was going to omit it, but recently decided that the closet needed an overhaul. I just have to bring myself to part with sentiment and a certain degree of OCD.
    Silence is beautiful

After seeing some documentaries that say that the Allied leaders were womanizers, I can see the meaning in this PSed photo:

Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 03-11-2016 at 03:12.
    Wooooo!!!

Husar 

Hmmm headache, never have headaches. Did what I never do as I have had really bad experiences with medicine (beta-blockers, horrible stuff) reluctantly accepted the asperine friend of mine got for me but an asperine DOES work

LOL@mom. My sister's son is taking tests for gifted kids. She is a bit dissapointed as he only scored 137, she expected at least 150. Mom please. It's true that me and my brother scored higher but we weren't 8 years old

Hmmm headache, never have headaches. Did what I never do as I have had really bad experiences with medicine (beta-blockers, horrible stuff) reluctantly accepted the asperine friend of mine got for me but an asperine DOES work
    Glad it works for you, but isn't Aspirin the one that one usually tries first before the "harder stuff" like beta blockers?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Glad it works for you, but isn't Aspirin the one that one usually tries first before the "harder stuff" like beta blockers?
    Thought it would help my right hand and left shoulder from tremblng, but it are just boxing injuries. Hand and ribs got broken a few times, not very fun if your hand is trembling if you want to pay your groceries. These beta-blockers helped but I got really nasty side-effects, being really dissey, being really tired, being absolutily useless in a match. Not worth it.

Well it's come around pretty quickly, I'm off to see Rocky horror friday night. The place should be heaving!

This guy is the lead....

Last edited by InsaneApache; 03-16-2016 at 22:34.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Well it was sublime. Very good indeed.

The bloke who played the gay nurse in Corrie* was the narrator and it was hilarious. No, he did the job with aplomb but the heckling got him a couple of times. In one episode he started..." Is this the end..." when a heckler shouted "of your career!" That really made him laugh....and forget his lines .....so he ad libbed and said "Believe me this is as good as it gets! you want to see the shit I've done these last few years" which got a huge laugh and a round of applause.

He then had to exit stage right in order to compose himself.

Best night I've had in ages.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Condou

there ya go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIPckPtYmXk
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 03-21-2016 at 04:12.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

There is first time for everything, got kissed in the neck by a bloke. Everybody knows he's gay and nobody cares, too much xtc lol. He kindly apoligised, don't sweat it
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-21-2016 at 09:48.

Oh yay, got my hands on something truly awesome this time. Bronze bull, art-deco, 1940 or so, pics later

pic https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

awesoms
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-27-2016 at 18:42.

Reading cool book about the Zulu's, tribes had a rather odd way of waging war. First they would line up and exchange songs. If that didn't work a champion was chosen. Now duels happened in Europe as well but for the Zulu tribes losing their champion was defeat and they dropped their spears. Kinda awesome.

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast