Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    But it most certainly isn't peace...
    I gotta agree with Frags. There are few things more bonding than a friendly sparring match with a mate.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    I gotta agree with Frags. There are few things more bonding than a friendly sparring match with a mate.
    We are taking it a bit further. Gotcha. https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psb1b401c2.jpg Don't want to get hurt, better places to be

Bon nuit mia muca et adieu
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-24-2013 at 20:18.

You should use 4 oz gloves. It would help stops the cuts a lot without depriving the punch of much effect. Then you wouldn't have to wait so long.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

You should use 4 oz gloves. It would help stops the cuts a lot without depriving the punch of much effect. Then you wouldn't have to wait so long.
    Nope no gloves what's the fun in that, bare knuckels only. But I am not doing any fights for a while myself I am pretty beaten up by now.

Until I see a video I am just going to assume that your wounds are the result of hardcore sadomasochist activity.

Until I see a video I am just going to assume that your wounds are the result of hardcore sadomasochist activity.
    Sorry bro it would be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Sorry bro it would be illegal
    It is illegal in Dutchland to shoot a video of friendly fight? Damn that sucks. Heil Willem-Alexander!

Welcome to the Random Foughts Thread.
    This space intentionally left blank

Members thankful for this post (2):

FragonyVuk 

It is illegal in Dutchland to shoot a video of friendly fight? Damn that sucks. Heil Willem-Alexander!
    If they think there is gambling involved I got a problem, there isn't, but I don't want these eyes on me

Well, that is not as bad at least. Still it sucks though.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

double thought = ((double)rand() / (double)(MAX_RAND + 1));
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Some days I wish I had gone into meteorology and became a local weatherman. It really would be the best life ever.

Damn that Nicolas Cage movie for making me think otherwise.

It's always interesting to revisit dream-worlds, or even specific dreams, years along the line. This time it might have been as much as 7-years-old.

But it can be pretty unhinging to dream a dream about making minute changes prior to the events leading up to the dreaming of the old dream and then dreaming the old dream and wondering at the deterministic forces that allow almost all of the old dream to remain identical to its original iteration despite the changes. I mean, it's the same stump we sat on, the same positions and orientations upon the stump, the same nameless people, from the thing that happened, around us, the same dropkick, and all the other things that I can now recall abstractly as having occurred, but which I can once more no longer retrieve despite their apparently still being stored.

Also, I wonder what it says about the physiology of dreaming that it is typically the case that if I awake and then fall back into sleep within the next few minutes, any dream I may have been dreaming prior to awakening immediately resumes as though having been paused during the interim.

What does it say that my dreams sometimes assume the architecture of video-game worlds, especially in that I can find myself repeating sequences of a dream until I achieve a satisfactory result?

Just as I seem to actively recall the abstract rather than the specific in waking life, I rarely seem to leave a dream with more than the sense of it and perhaps one or two 'snapshots'. It's a shame, as I apparently sometimes hear or read some striking things in my dreams, but am unable to reconstruct the sentences upon awakening. For instance, the words of wise black man regarding a member here - who I'll leave unnamed - that seemed quite insightful to me at the time, but of which only fragments remained by the time I found myself in the bathroom.

Tangentially, it's a long-time bone of contention in my dreams that I am unable to fly in my dreams even when using bloody flying machines.

So: what's the age you had your first dream that was to be remembered by you to the present day?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My dreams are incredibly realistic, I have no idea where it comes from but I somehow invent places and people.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Now I think about it I can only remember dreams that are pretty recent, and even then only a handful. I have very boring and stereotypical dreams. For example, thinking I have a big exam coming up and I haven't done anything for it. Or wanting to run from some disaster but I go in slow motion etc (often this one is due to a nearby extinct volcano erupting).

The oldest dream I can remember (and I'm not even sure if was a dream, and not something I concocted in a semi-conscious state) was when I must have been about 10 or so. I was on a family holiday at the time, and remember seeing glowing stick figures walking about on the other side of the room. The thing is it was far more realistic than any other dream I've ever had (maybe a bit like Monty, I seem to understand what is going on in my dreams in the abstract, rather than seeing things more in a more concrete fashion), so realistic it was 100% real-looking in fact. I think I may not actually have been asleep, but in some weird pre-sleep state. I remember that house had a weird African Tribal mask I was freaked out by and I thought this had something to do with it at the time.

Certainly, my mind used to go a bit funny before I would go to sleep. When I shut my eyes, I would sometimes have face after face flicker by, often becoming increasingly strange and contorted. I think it's just some process where your brain is sorting through the day's information intake, it doesn't happen to me any more.

Other than that the only old dream I remember is being haunted by a dead grandparent.

My dreams are never pleasant. They are either scary, disturbing, or at best bittersweet. Get your violins out for this one, lol. A while ago I dreamed I had got a girl pregnant, and when I woke up I still thought it was true for a minute. When I realised it wasn't I suddenly felt really empty.

Oddly, for all that, I still like dreaming.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

I actually had a similar dream about having gotten my GF pregnant myself just a while ago...

Dreams are weird for me... and I hardly remember dreams from long ago
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    I actually had a similar dream about having gotten my GF pregnant myself just a while ago...

Dreams are weird for me... and I hardly remember dreams from long ago
    If you think that's weird, take comfort in me being bullied by a T-Rex. The damn thing keeps showing up and I can't run for some reason.

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Well that wasn't the weirdest of the dreams actually just similar to what Rhy posted which is why I mentioned it... The comment after that was meant more in general... Unfortunately I can't recall most of my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    If you think that's weird, take comfort in me being bullied by a T-Rex. The damn thing keeps showing up and I can't run for some reason.
    Same thing always happens with me. I am always in a situation of imminent death (thanks to seeing Jurassic Park as a kid so many times, it often involves dinosaurs), but cannot move or talk or defend myself. I hate those kind of dreams/nightmares.

On an unrelated note, I really would like to drive the cars I just designed in Automation.

Atlas Thunder Chief M1

Atlas Thunder Chief M2

Atlas Thunder Chief M3

Atlas Lightning Strike M1

Atlas A1:

Something inspired by Dodge muscle cars.

Last edited by Andres; 07-31-2013 at 11:25.

Why the **** do I feel like killing myself every time I see a picture of her. It's almost been 3 months. I feel happier every day, I have been trying my best to work out and get out of my room. To meet new people and re-establish friendships with old friends. But every time I glance at a reminder of her on facebook (through mutual friends) I fall right back into that zone from the very first week it happened. God damn my whole energy and will is just sucked up in an instant.

Also, Vuk put that stuff in spoilers, it's not good for people with slow connections and it also makes the page jump around when you are trying to type as the pictures keep loading.

It takes some time bro, love is the sweetest way to die. You'll get over it eventually

I know the feeling acin... but it will definitely get better. I don't know your situation at all so of course any advice is to be taken carefully but what helped me was to realize that I have to leave it behind. For a while I didn't want to hear it but in the end I had to accept that I might not end up back with her and as soon as I did that I could focus on what was still in front of me and now I'm together with someone else and happier than before

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I can't heal your broken heart, only time can. But I did put the pictures posted by @Vuk in spoilers, especially for you
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

@Vuk, I actualle have one of these fosilised mosquites hanging on my neck

Yes, it really is a mosquitto from that age. Awesome isn't it

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/Fra...tml?sort=3&o=0

And yes I know I bruised my Ribs. Cleanest pic I can show
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-01-2013 at 16:28. Reason: Unfortnate picremoved

lol, there is no picture.

Why are we investigating the human brain for neural correlates of mental abstractions?

We should be searching for the brain we have, not the brain we think we have.

So, we should be extrapolating mental correlates from our studies of the brain.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Why are we investigating the human brain for neural correlates of mental abstractions?

We should be searching for the brain we have, not the brain we think we have.

So, we should be extrapolating mental correlates from our studies of the brain.
    Do you want to hurt my brain?

Talking of Mosquitoes, I can't seem to kill any here in the room!
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

edit, oops wrong thread
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-01-2013 at 06:13.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good bye, Package!
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-05-2013 at 18:59.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Send it to them on rembours, dunno if you have that, receiver pays the costs of delivery and eventual stalling unless they reject it.
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-01-2013 at 14:42.

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast