Thread: Age of Wonders III

Default Age of Wonders III

Should arrive some time this year and not a moment too soon.

Loved the first game and the second one and the shadow magic expansion. This is great news indeed.

Some screenshots can be found here.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Default Re: Age of Wonders III

I can still remember devouring a demo of the first one for ages an ages then much later bought the game and ten of course the sequels and expansion
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    I can still remember devouring a demo of the first one for ages an ages then much later bought the game and ten of course the sequels and expansion
    AoW1 bears the honor of being the *only* game in my library for which I never disabled the music. Michiel van den Bos is an awesome composer and he's coming back to write the score for #3.
    Last edited by rvg; 08-08-2013 at 03:41.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Delayed until Q1 2014. This makes me a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Delayed until Q1 2014. This makes me a sad panda.
    Me too, I loved the second game, played the hell out of it. Here's hoping it is a worthy addition.

It's here and it's awesome.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Played 1. Some of 2. Will try 3.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Reviews seem positive and gameplay seems solid. Will definitely be buying this when I have the chance.