Thread: CTD while loading campaign

Default CTD while loading campaign

I've recently installed EB on my new computer, but the moment I actually try and start a campaign it crashes immediately to desktop.

Unfortunately, this is literally all the information I have on this. I have a computer that is perfectly capable of running the game, with plenty of virtual memory in reserve. I don't have a save game to post, because I can't even start one, and despite having Java I can't run the Validate Install to find out which files are corrupted. Does anyone have any help on this, or know of a related bug?

Default Re: CTD while loading campaign

Someone suggested to me that RTW EB has been written for single core CPU's. If so, any new computer will crash it. I noticed that in 2013 there are more CTD reports. Newer computers? I find it incredible that the original programmers do not come up with a suggestion. They seem to have left these fora.

At least one of the programmers has been seriously incompetent when EB was created in 2006 - 2008. A pity for all these scientists and artists who have put so much effort in this mod. As long as this fuck-up has not been localized, EB will continue to crash. Of course, the culprit has flown and out of shame will never reveal what his mistakes were. So we are all at a loss.
    EB could have been the best mod ever but lack of proper management during its creation made it into a mod full of bugs.

I have played over 200 moves (turns), myself, and have enjoyed it thoroughly. But I have gotten so sick of the continuing CTD's (crashes during the AI turn), even after installing all the fixes I could find, especially in view of the long load time, that I have quit playing EB and decided to give Roma Surrectum II a try which appears to be more solid, be it less interesting.
    In my lectures and publications, I intend to use EB as a nice example of the human condition: brilliance and good intentions spoiled by one or two incompetent people or idiots (who no doubt will prove to be very popular and nice people if ever discovered).
    Last edited by Crastinus Maximus; 09-01-2013 at 09:32.

Default Re: CTD while loading campaign

I think this might help you a lot! https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053517481