Thread: Pahlava & Parthian REFORM !

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Default Pahlava & Parthian REFORM !

hello to all in EB & ORG !
    can anyone help or explain me how to reach Reforms for Pahlavans ?!

because it was only the Hayadsan reforms in EB website!!
    if you help! i'll thank you !!

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: Pahlava & Parthian REFORM !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...pahlava+reform

Check out that thread for details. I've noticed that you may deviate a little from the advised path and not screw it up but generally try to stick to it.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Members thankful for this post (2):

it was little confusing!! but thank you !!

Member thankful for this post:

Moros 

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Nice to see my guide is still useful to people four years on.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Nice to see my guide is still useful to people four years on.
    thank you for your helps. you know, Rome Total War will never be tired for its professional players!! specially EB !

and how your a Pahlavan fan ?! because most europe love geeks, so it is a surprise for me !

I take it you mean love Greeks? We don't really like geeks, though most of us here probably are one.

I think Pahlava is the most interesting faction in the game, in terms of history, gameplay mechanics and battlefield tactics.

Just out of curiousity, what did you mean by the guide being a little confusing? I thought I'd made it as easy to follow as I possibly could, was it just the language barrier? If some things aren't clear, I could edit it a little.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 05-31-2013 at 09:24.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aram of Mada View Post
    and how your a Pahlavan fan ?! because most europe love geeks, so it is a surprise for me !
    Most Europeans are very individualistic in their preferred factions or cultures. Especially the more "enlightened" fellows such as EB players.
    And after all, as of yet most of the groundbreaking research on ancient Iranian cultures has been conducted by Europeans.

Regarding Pahlava, if you have questions about their units, strategy, or economy, you can also ask me, or check out the link in my signature.
    If you haven't already found out, I can tell you that their most useful unit is the Asavarân-î Dêhbêd.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Thank you both johnhughthom & athanaric for Your great guides :) they're very useful. I hope these kinds of supports will continue even in EBII

Forgotten Empire

Just out of curiousity, what did you mean by the guide being a little confusing? I thought I'd made it as easy to follow as I possibly could, was it just the language barrier? If some things aren't clear, I could edit it a little.
    I can't speak for Aram of Mada, but what I found slightly confusing when I first read it(back in the days of my Pahlavan Campaign) was that the Build order was spread over like 10 pages with large Pictures inbetween. I think it would have been beneficial to start with a condensed list that tells the Reader the Buildorder right away rather than having to "read" the whole guide or look up the list found in the first comment post^^.

Asavarân-î Dêhbêd
    Best unit ever* :D I think I did not have one army without these guys, my MIC-construction was largely limited to "I Need to get Noble horse archers ASAP!"

*not surprisingly so however, thus not as prominent on the "surprisingly good/bad Units"-thread as the humble Haploi, Panda phalanxes, Illyrioi Hippeis, Dahae/Skythian riders Juwish infantry, all slingers and the like.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Thanks for the feedback Ca Putt. I copy-pasted the build order you mention into the opening post, I don't think that was cheeky as that condensed guide was also mine.

I don't think that was cheeky as that condensed guide was also mine.
    :D seems legit!

It's good to see that Old but good Posts still get updated at times :) @Moros: Could you add a link to the guide to the FAQ? the current entry is not quite as helpfull as that for the other reforms.

Ps: I actually printed out the map and the list during the Campaign.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    @Moros: Could you add a link to the guide to the FAQ? the current entry is not quite as helpfull as that for the other reforms.
    Done.

thanks dear johnhughthom. i meant confusing because you explained it by more than 4 posts. and you could just simply name the constructions one by one in order.
    and a question, when i have reformed patoralism and large settled community, i dont know what to do?! if you explain both for me i ll thank you !!
    thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Most Europeans are very individualistic in their preferred factions or cultures. Especially the more "enlightened" fellows such as EB players.
    And after all, as of yet most of the groundbreaking research on ancient Iranian cultures has been conducted by Europeans.

Regarding Pahlava, if you have questions about their units, strategy, or economy, you can also ask me, or check out the link in my signature.
    If you haven't already found out, I can tell you that their most useful unit is the Asavarân-î Dêhbêd.

indeed your right about their individualistic, but i didnt mean only for gaming, but their strictly defending about greeek civilizations, while we have too many greater civilizations in the world, i didnt just said about Mesopotamian & Iranian civilizations, if i do, i ll be like them individualistic & obstinated
    when i just said we have better civilizations than greeks that even did not have slavery in TWCENTER, not they just attacked me & insulted me, but they even BANed me !!!! you know, very good for perspectives and for freedom of speech and democracy !!

and, i have not yet seen asavarane dehbed!! and please tell me, how you enable that writing for windows ?!! i mean (â-î-ê-....)??
    Last edited by Empire*Of*Media; 06-01-2013 at 08:52.

Build Advanced Settlement next, then Settled Aristocracy, then you can build the Reformed Government.

If Advanced Settlement isn't in the list of buildings available, you must have mixed up the steps earlier, only thing to do is destroy what you already built and start from scratch. Annoying, I've been there...
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 06-01-2013 at 08:53.

Build Advanced Settlement next, then Settled Aristocracy, then you can build the Reformed Government.

If Advanced Settlement isn't in the list of buildings available, you must have mixed up the steps earlier, only thing to do is destroy what you already built and start from scratch. Annoying, I've been there...
    destroy which buildings ?! oh god its very confusing !!

but i didnt got a good answer to this "when i have reformed patoralism and large settled community, i dont know what to do or whats their differences?!"

but i didnt got a good answer to this "when i have reformed patoralism and large settled community, i dont know what to do or whats their differences?!"
    Here's the answer:

my mean actually, was not Reforming Government ! but what their differences ?! and both, have which kind of specifications and traits, units , buildings & etc.

and the thing you said, must be in Capital ?!
    Last edited by Empire*Of*Media; 06-01-2013 at 09:28.

when i just said we have better civilizations than greeks that even did not have slavery in TWCENTER, not they just attacked me & insulted me, but they even BANed me !!!! you know, very good for perspectives and for freedom of speech and democracy !!
    Well TWC has a relatively large body of people who jerk off to ancient Greek culture and can't imagine any other European culture existing without it. Feels like 19th century sometimes.
    That said, ancient Greek culture is grand and has contributed many important components to the human civilization of today. I'm not so sure about "better" or "worse" civilizations, I don't think it's very productive to judge them in such a way (unless there is an obvious imbalance - for example: Lebanese culture, whatever its flaws may be, is infinitely superior to Salafism). They all have their advantages and disadvantages, and they've all copied from another culture at some point of their development. Greek and Persian culture for example both owe very much to ancient Mesopotamian and Near Eastern cultures, and Arab culture owes very much to all of these.
    As for the "no slaves" thing, it's a bit more complicated than that. In cultures where you have few or no slaves sensu stricto, like in ancient Persia or in most Christian cultures, you typically have serfs to fill that niche, whose lot isn't really much better. There are some religions or ideologies which are more in favour of slavery than others, for example the slave warrior caste of Islamic cultures (ghulams or janissaries) would be a strange concept to the feudal Ancient Iranian or Medieval European societies, who depended on free nobles to form the warrior elite.

and, i have not yet seen asavarane dehbed!! and please tell me, how you enable that writing for windows ?!! i mean (â-î-ê-....)??
    They're available from tier 2 reformed barracks (reformed government) and from "Warlord's horse herds" (Pastoralism).

The accents can be placed with the ^ key, which is below the "esc" key on my keyboard. Alternatively you can type the whole thing into Microsoft Word or something like that first (it's how I write in foreign alphabets if I have to), but that's a pain in the ass really.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2

they are called Dehbed Asavara on the site, so you might be just missing them, because of this minor switcheroo.

Here is a picture of one

my mean actually, was not Reforming Government ! but what their differences ?! and both, have which kind of specifications and traits, units , buildings & etc.
    You mean whats better about the reformed government than simple pastoralism? As in "why do I have to build all these things?".

If that is what you are asking then just scroll down a bit in the guide of johnhughthom I think his last post gives you a tast on how awesome it is to have a reformed government as Pahlava.

so let me redirect you:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=1#post2320705

In short you get a New Barrack, in which you can train quite a lot of troops one of which is the strongest regular unit in game, the Grivpanvar. You also get some nice buildings that improve health , Law, happiness and give you an experience bonus for your troops.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

In short you get a New Barrack, in which you can train quite a lot of troops one of which is the strongest regular unit in game, the Grivpanvar. You also get some nice buildings that improve health , Law, happiness and give you an experience bonus for your troops.
    You get to have the third strongest economy and infrastructure in the game (after Rome and Carthage, but really almost on the same level) instead of the pitiful one the regular pastoralism would allow you to have. Meaning you can actually build an empire with Pahlava, unlike Saka and Sauromatae, who are terrible in late game. And yeah, barracks.
    Here's some of the units you can only recruit with reformed government:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pah_grivpanvar.gif 
Views:	138 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	9324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pah_verkhana_kofyaren.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	9325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pah_kardaka.gif 
Views:	132 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	9326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pah_mada_asabara.gif 
Views:	133 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	9327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pah_parthohellenikoi_thureophoroi.gif 
Views:	132 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	9328
    Last edited by athanaric; 06-01-2013 at 15:04.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2

Well TWC has a relatively large body of people who jerk off to ancient Greek culture and can't imagine any other European culture existing without it. Feels like 19th century sometimes.
    That said, ancient Greek culture is grand and has contributed many important components to the human civilization of today. I'm not so sure about "better" or "worse" civilizations, I don't think it's very productive to judge them in such a way (unless there is an obvious imbalance - for example: Lebanese culture, whatever its flaws may be, is infinitely superior to Salafism). They all have their advantages and disadvantages, and they've all copied from another culture at some point of their development. Greek and Persian culture for example both owe very much to ancient Mesopotamian and Near Eastern cultures, and Arab culture owes very much to all of these.
    As for the "no slaves" thing, it's a bit more complicated than that. In cultures where you have few or no slaves sensu stricto, like in ancient Persia or in most Christian cultures, you typically have serfs to fill that niche, whose lot isn't really much better. There are some religions or ideologies which are more in favour of slavery than others, for example the slave warrior caste of Islamic cultures (ghulams or janissaries) would be a strange concept to the feudal Ancient Iranian or Medieval European societies, who depended on free nobles to form the warrior elite.
    your mostly right.specially about the influence of Mesopotamia to Ancient Greece and Iran (not Only Persia!). you know, Mesopotamia and India was the cradle of first great human civilizations. but you know, who knows, they only see Greece or at least Egypt and they can not believe its not like what they think!
    the reason that Iranian Civilizations did not have Slavery was in their religions.in Mithraism its an insult to humanity, in Zoroastrianism it is forbidden. but in other parts of the world, even most of Mesopotamian Civilizations (Except Ancient Kurdish Civilizations) Slavery was a huge Profit for them. and thats a big goodness & advantage of Iranian Plateu Civilizations (Persians & Kurds & etc).
    And your right again about Slavery in Islam.but its not that only, even in Qur'an Slavery is a matter of Advancement in Islam! even Muhammad had too many Slave women to sex with her!! i dont know how an Slaver belief call itself a GODS RELIGION ?!!!!

The accents can be placed with the ^ key, which is below the "esc" key on my keyboard. Alternatively you can type the whole thing into Microsoft Word or something like that first (it's how I write in foreign alphabets if I have to), but that's a pain in the ass really.
    i did but no result! the bottom button of "Esc" is ` or ~ . and the ^ key will split itself with other letters!! and some are in bottom of the word! i dont know how that is written too (like "Ch")

What Keyboard are you using? I assume you don't use the same typeset as athanaric.

In General you get letters with accents by first typing the Accent(once) and then the letter you want it to be on top of. [^] + [a] = â . Some Need [shift] or [Alt Gr] to work. At least that's how my typeset works.

You get to have the third strongest economy and infrastructure in the game (after Rome and Carthage, but really almost on the same level) instead of the pitiful one the regular pastoralism would allow you to have. Meaning you can actually build an empire with Pahlava, unlike Saka and Sauromatae, who are terrible in late game. And yeah, barracks.
    well and that :D
    Last edited by Ca Putt; 06-03-2013 at 12:55.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

What Keyboard are you using? I assume you don't use the same typeset as athanaric.

In General you get letters with accents by first typing the Accent(once) and then the letter you want it to be on top of. [^] + [a] = â . Some Need [shift] or [Alt Gr] to work. At least that's how my typeset works.

well and that :D
    simple keyboard! the thing you said too does not work !!
    i dont know, but i will isntall Kurdish Latin keyboard, but i dont think it is possible in Total war Console !