Thread: Factional troops and Rebellion

Default Factional troops and Rebellion

I was wondering, would it be possible to have disloyalty character traits that can make a settlement revolt AND the disloyal general join the rebel faction?
    If I remember correctly, in MTW2 generals and troops could become rebels but I don't remember any cases of governors becoming rebels with their settlements. Can something like this be implemented in EB2 within the harcoded limits?
    sigpic67170_1.gif

Default Re: Factional troops and Rebellion

amongst mercenary generals shouldn´t be hard but amongst family members i can think of several issues with that

altough one particular scene does ocur to me when the king dies and several of his brothers survive and try to steal the throne from the kings son

it could even be used to curtail the growth of a few superfactions like aygyptus or the seulekids

as for factions like the romans or carthaginians a diferent trigger would have to be found since they ain´t geneologival monarchies that depend on the gods annointed family to strive

it could do alot for the longevity of the game experience

Default Re: Factional troops and Rebellion

That would certainly add to a Seleukid and Ptolemies campaign, the various civil wars amongst branches of its family led far more to its downfall than Romans or Parthians I think