Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Default Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Amazons: Total War Ranked Among MOD-DB's Top 20 Titles
    As of May 27th, 2013, Amazons:Total War 8.0A has been released
    As of Feb 2nd, 2015, Amazons:Total War 8.0D has been released
    As of Mar 15th, 2015, Amazons:Total War 8.0F has been released
    As of Oct 31st, 2016, Amazons:Total War 8.1Z has been released

Amazons Total War 8.0 allows the player to explore many modern military concepts on the battlefields of antiquity, such as
    • Mobility and Stand-off Weapon capability using various women cavalry units.
    • Deploying Area Denial "minefield" on the battlefield using field engineers. A first on RTW mod.
    • Wagon fighting units with battle tactics not unlike German Panzer in WWII.
    • Guerrilla Warfare, allowing agent to infiltrate into enemy territory to raise army deep behind the enemy line.
    • Long Range Mobile Artillery, allowing artillery barrage, fire-support, and counter-battery.
    • Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry, a dominating cavalry formation for centuries in Eurasia, never before depicted by any video game.
    • Terrifying Super-heating Incendiary Weapons, in modern day military parlance known as the thermite munition.

Other Highlights of 8.0 Series

• Player programmable mode switch
    • Newly extended campaign map, now from British Isle to Afganistan.
    • Far Eastern Celt faction:
    • based on latest archaeological finding and anthropological theories. first time in any video game.
    • New war machines based on historical and anthropological findings.
    • New weapons.
    • Lush scenery and breathtaking landscape using faster custom RS II battle environment.
    • Quest based game play
    • Balanced Unit Modeling (or. B.U.M.):
    • unit's recruitment location/cost, vs. unit's appearance/capability must have direct relationship.
    • Resource driven army building.

===============================
    WARNING : MATURE PLAYERS ONLY

This mod contains some female nudity in the depiction of conflicts in antiquity, therefore if there is any reason the laws affecting your area prohibit you from viewing such content (for example, if you are under the age of 18 in most areas), please do not access the download.

By either downloading or installing this mod's compressed file, the user who performed the download/installation acknowledges that he (or she) is legal to view such content and he or she is solely responsible for the use as well as the consequences of the use of this mod.

Keeping the aforementioned prerequisites in mind, Please do not pass along or forward link to the download file without this warning be shown.
    And while playing multi-player online, please be mindful of the opponent's age or sensitivity, as each player is solely responsible for the unit(s) he or she selected to play.

Amazons: Total War 8.0, aka Amazons: Total War, Amazons: Total War Refulgent

Mod Leader: [Parthian Shot ] click the name within the bracket to send PM to Mod Leader.

You can download the latest 8.0F release [here].
    Please log in to moddb and rate this file, as we seem to be getting trolls giving the mod zero rating without any reason.

COPYRIGHT : STATEMENT OF RESOLUTION
    In addition to great amount of work by the members of the mod team, this mod is an accumulation of work from many sources as mentioned in the credit section of the readme folder in the compressed mod file. The said credit and acknowledge statements are carefully compiled and extra efforts made so as to be as accurate as possible. If, for any reason, there is an unintentional omission of credit or accidental unpermitted inclusion of prior art, the mod team, as represented by its mod leader, would be more than happy and willing to make corrective actions in a timely fashion to address said grievance(s) of copyright issues. Therefore any complaints of this nature should be addressed first to the mod leader (link to private message as shown above) so as to allow the Amazons Total War mod team to make amend of such mistake prior to any means of escalation.

As an attached clause, any copyright claims or complaints to third parties, without substantiation, and without attempts to resolve the issues first with the said mod leader shall be deemed as frivolous harassment.

You need 7zip utility to uncompress the file. Due to increase in complexity, it is recommended the system has a minimum of 4GB RAM to have more trouble free gaming experience. You also need Rome Total War/Barbarian Invasion 1.6 (or Rome Total War Gold Edition) in its vanilla form.

The original Whitepaper is published [here]

For the weapon description, you can read them [here].

For the factional background of the game, you can read more detail [here].

For the Balanced Unit Modeling Concept, or B.U.M., you can read more [here].

18+ viewers only, Amazon Total War 8.0 series demo video by Naxzul666, please "like" the videos if you find it helpful.

18+ viewers only, Amazon Total War 6.0 series and 7.0 series demo videos by Naxzul666, please "like" the videos if you find it helpful.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Amazon 7.0 Demo Video

You can post comments about the video [here]

Amazon 6.0 Demo Video
    [YOUTUBE]66k-lpHr9lw[/YOUTUBE]
    You can post comments about the video [here]

Sorry Wheelie, have to take this OP for announcement.
    Last edited by parthian shot; 11-02-2016 at 14:50.

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Thank You! WP

I am just trying to set up my new account.
    Cel has logged in but nowhere in sight.

Amazon Total War Admin Member parthian shot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeliepaul View Post
    Where ever you go goes WheeliePo

Armenia has great power in this version they even challenge the romans. Horsebreeding and exp.bows seems to be no problem for the AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    Thank You! WP

I am just trying to set up my new account.
    Cel has logged in but nowhere in sight.
    Welcome!

I see Wheelie is ahead of BB and Celeste

Where ever you go goes WheeliePo

Armenia has great power in this version they even challenge the romans. Horsebreeding and exp.bows seems to be no problem for the AI.
    Great! Because of the move, I have not published the latest mod files and BB is also busy.

Everything will be slow until I catch up with the data migration from TWC.

How you change the background of this web page?

I love Japanese paintings, but the wallpaper is just so, depressing!

Find the last bar on the bottom of the webpage, on the left it should say "TWS2"?
    Just click to select the one you like.

I picked "the guild"

Find the last bar on the bottom of the webpage, on the left it should say "TWS2"?
    Just click to select the one you like.

I picked "the guild"
    You did?

Just happened to mine too!

the silver shield pikemen of the seleucids has three man carrying a flag this must be one.

Here is a link to my first WIP Unit Card, measurements are all correct according to Paint, 160 wide and 210 high.
    http://s614.photobucket.com/user/Dar...tml?sort=3&o=0

First time making these unit cards so don't expect a miracle from me! All criticism and ideas welcome obviously.
    Have the cavalry as loose because personally they seem to look better when you see their individual unit, but infantry look better close I think. If you want more in the picture then just say so =D
    Also had them on a more grassy forest terrain as the unit is an Amazon horse archer, felt as if it suited.

Playing as the Libyan Amazons, it's 265 bc and when I end turn it constantly crashes once it reaches the Greeks. Their current enemies are me (by default, never seen each other yet) and the Thyssa Amazons.
    I have played a Greek campaign for many years, almost got the eastern mediterranean. No idea what this problem could be but reporting it anyway.

Only crashed twice in a row on the Greeks it seems, maybe they did something different on the third try? Send an agent in another direction, not attack a certain enemy?
    Last edited by Dragour; 06-02-2013 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragour View Post
    Here is a link to my first WIP Unit Card, measurements are all correct according to Paint, 160 wide and 210 high.

First time making these unit cards so don't expect a miracle from me! All criticism and ideas welcome obviously.
    Have the cavalry as loose because personally they seem to look better when you see their individual unit, but infantry look better close I think. If you want more in the picture then just say so =D
    Also had them on a more grassy forest terrain as the unit is an Amazon horse archer, felt as if it suited.
    Did you keep the aspect ratio? or change the width and height independently?

The figure looks a bit thin.

the silver shield pikemen of the seleucids has three man carrying a flag this must be one.
    Is this a bug sighting, WP?

Playing as the Libyan Amazons, it's 265 bc and when I end turn it constantly crashes once it reaches the Greeks. Their current enemies are me (by default, never seen each other yet) and the Thyssa Amazons.
    I have played a Greek campaign for many years, almost got the eastern mediterranean. No idea what this problem could be but reporting it anyway.

Only crashed twice in a row on the Greeks it seems, maybe they did something different on the third try? Send an agent in another direction, not attack a certain enemy?
    Do you have a prior saved game? if so it might be interesting to find out if the prior saved game can be played on without crashing.

When the system ran short on memory, it would cause auto-save game to become corrupt.

Sorry, I only had the auto save for the Libyan Amazon campaign. You suggest making a full save every 2-3 turns or so?

Here is the edited version of that Test2, I had the 160/210 as percentage sorry, changed it to pixels and removed the background (ask Parthian Shot asked)

Sorry, I only had the auto save for the Libyan Amazon campaign. You suggest making a full save every 2-3 turns or so?

Here is the edited version of that Test2, I had the 160/210 as percentage sorry, changed it to pixels and removed the background (ask Parthian Shot asked)
    That looks nice! So is the dog!

I will ask Parthian Shot to take a look at it too.

That looks nice! So is the dog!

I will ask Parthian Shot to take a look at it too.
    I think the unit info will do.

Just that we don't need the Auxilia units because there has not been any changes on the model.

But we can really use new unit recruit card and unit info picture for the following units, both 160x210 and 48x63, with background cleared

- Amazon Sword
    - Amazon Billwomen
    - Amazon Lighthorse Lancer
    - Amazon bodyguard
    - Amazon Roundshield cavalry
    - Amazon Foot Companion
    - Meroe Foot Companion
    - Amazon Septum units
    - Amazon Longbow horse archer
    - Amazon light archers
    - Amazon militia archers

This is just one column of a matrix, before every faction who has the similar units would need their own unit pictures.

I'm not sure. Had twice a CTD when attacking the Seleucids for the same battle. Unfortunately I overwrite the save game of this battle. When I start a custom battle with the same factions (Far East Celts and Seleucids) this also starts a CTD but after this CTD I couldn't replicated it anymore. Looking in the units of the Seleucids I noticed the amount of pikemen is 123 instead of 121 when you playing with large army. The reason is they have three man carrying a flag.

I'm not sure. Had twice a CTD when attacking the Seleucids for the same battle. Unfortunately I overwrite the save game of this battle. When I start a custom battle with the same factions (Far East Celts and Seleucids) this also starts a CTD but after this CTD I couldn't replicated it anymore. Looking in the units of the Seleucids I noticed the amount of pikemen is 123 instead of 121 when you playing with large army. The reason is they have three man carrying a flag.
    OK, now I understand why BB ask that questions in her post.

It is an ancient system, in preparation for the chaos of battle, the combat units often carry multiple banners to intimidate the enemy. And works to great effect. Napoleon, for example, used this ploy along with the trumpeters to victory at Marengo.
    In the Amazons Total War, because we deliberately turned off the artificial banners to make the battle real, there are units with double flag plus an officer, or a color-guard. This is as intended.
    Even BB got tricked into thinking there were two units instead of one unit.

Thanks
    Last edited by parthian shot; 06-02-2013 at 17:28.

A new 8.0A release file is being uploaded.

Changes involve large number of animation upgrade

- Amazon Horse Archer units for Armenia, Suebii, Corinth (Greek_cities), Parthia, Thermodon Amazonia, Thyssa Amazons, Scythia, Seleucid, rebels, and Thrace,
    - Amazon Foot Archer units for Western Celt, Suebii, Avernii, Far East Celt, Libya, Scythia, and rebels

- Scythian Maiden Headhunter
    - Amazon Frontier Mano-Ballista Cavalry units, for Thrace and Seleucid
    - Libyan Axe Cavalry

Will post when upload is complete.
    Last edited by parthian shot; 06-03-2013 at 14:10.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    A new 8.0A release file is being uploaded.

Changes involve large number of animation upgrade

- Amazon Horse Archer units for Armenia, Suebii, Corinth (Greek_cities), Parthia, Thermodon Amazonia, Thyssa Amazons, Scythia, Seleucid, rebels, and Thrace,
    - Amazon Foot Archer units for Western Celt, Suebii, Avernii, Far East Celt, Libya, Scythia, and rebels

- Scythian Maiden Headhunter
    - Amazon Frontier Mano-Ballista Cavalry units, for Thrace and Seleucid
    - Libyan Axe Cavalry

Will post when upload is complete.
    Upload is available

So it is! Thanks Wheelie

the amazon foot archers are available in the custom battle but not in the campaign. I only see them with amazonia but in their city Sinope they are available with archery range (level 2) and in Amasia with siege engineer (level 4). Maybe the reason is compositebow available or not?
    Almost forgot the new units looks awesome. Great job done here.

I believe Scythia still have the same foot archers as before or a minor change. Which Libyan cavalry unit should be the Libyan Axe Cavalry?

I believe Scythia still have the same foot archers as before or a minor change. Which Libyan cavalry unit should be the Libyan Axe Cavalry?
    That should be the horde cavalry, but BB just found out after the mod file was loaded that the unit uses javelin instead of mono-ballista.

Scythian has new head hunting maiden. And Scythian used to have another foot archer unit, and was disabled, this will be enabled.

I have some questions about the unit list I was given;

- Amazon Sword
    - Amazon Billwomen
    - Amazon bodyguard
    - Amazon Foot Companion
    - Meroe Foot Companion
    - Amazon Septum units
    - Amazon light archers
    - Amazon militia archers

Would it be possible to give the exact names please? The only "Amazon Billwomen" I found was the Libyan "Amazon Armoured Billwomen", and the "Amazon Light Horse Lancer" is "Amazonian Militia Light Lancer"
    I understand that they're probably the same to what you said (or these new names are from the new download?) but I just want to be 100% sure before I go fiddling with stuff =P

I have some questions about the unit list I was given;

- Amazon Sword
    - Amazon Billwomen
    - Amazon bodyguard
    - Amazon Foot Companion
    - Meroe Foot Companion
    - Amazon Septum units
    - Amazon light archers
    - Amazon militia archers

Would it be possible to give the exact names please? The only "Amazon Billwomen" I found was the Libyan "Amazon Armoured Billwomen", and the "Amazon Light Horse Lancer" is "Amazonian Militia Light Lancer"
    I understand that they're probably the same to what you said (or these new names are from the new download?) but I just want to be 100% sure before I go fiddling with stuff =P
    To be more concise, I have expanded BB's list, also

- the frontal nudity in the UI should be avoided if possible.
    - In addition, WheeliePaul expressed an interest to work with you, so perhaps you two gents can divide the work.
    - If two UI models looks the same, then it is perfectly OK to re-use you have done before.
    - please don't feel like you have to do all of them
    - some of the files might be obsolete, if you can not find a matching model, please make a note and skip to the next.
    - please feel free to send BB PM if you have any questions or suggesitons

in the UI/unit_info folder

under Armenia folder
    jyazii_gladiatus_cohort_info
    armenian_guard_immortal_info
    armenian_infantry_INFO
    amazon_horse_archer_auxilia_info
    julii_mounted_Finnic_Archer_info
    caro_ballistae_info
    jyazii_elite_archers_horse_info
    jyazii_grenadier_cavalry_info
    jyazii_elite_archers_horse_armenia_info
    jyazii_elephants_info
    Armenian_fast_armored_CAVALRY_INFO

Britons folder
    Amazon_mounted_Finnic_Archer_info
    Barb_archer_info
    BARB_CAVALRY_INFO
    BARB_INFANTRY_INFO
    BARB_PELTAST_INFO
    caro_ballistae_tocharian_info?

Carthage folder
    caro_ballistae_info
    carthage_maiden_militia_INFO
    julii_mounted_Finnic_Archer_info
    jyazii_elephants_cataphract_info
    jyazii_elephants_info
    jyazii_fast_Brigantine_archers_info
    jyazii_halberdier_cavalry_info
    jyazii_serf_lanciarii_info

Dacia folder
    amazon_general_bodyguard_early_dacia_info
    amazon_guard_archer_info
    amazon_heavy_peltast_info
    amazon_longbow_archer_info
    amazon_sword_info
    caro_ballistae_info
    jyazii_armoured_halberdieress_info
    jyazii_dismounted_pathfinder_info
    jyazii_elephants_cataphract_info
    jyazii_elephants_info
    jyazii_pathfinder_info
    jyazii_serf_lanciarii_info
    jyazii_sword_company_info

Egypt
    meroe_foot_companion_info

Gaul
    Barb_archer_info

Germans
    Barb_archer_info
    screeching_women_german_info

Greek_Cities folder
    amazon_horse_archer_corinth_INFO

merc folder
    amazon_horse_archer_info
    amazon_peltast_merc_info
    merc_amazon_archers_dacia_info
    merc_amazon_archers_info
    merc_amazon_elite_archers_horse_info
    merc_virgin_archers_horse_info

numidia folder
    Barb_archer_info
    FECelt_female_peasant_info
    FECelt_infantry_INFO
    mounted_huntsman_FECelt_info
    warband_huntsman_FECelt_info
    amazon_guard_archer_info
    amazon_heavy_cavalry_info
    amazon_heavy_peltast_info
    amazon_horse_archer_pontus_INFO?
    amazon_light_horse_lancer_info
    amazon_longbow_archer_info
    amazon_militia_cavalry_info
    amazon_militia_hoplite_info
    amazon_naginata_info
    amazon_noble_lancer_info
    amazon_peltast_info
    amazon_round_shield_cavalry_info
    amazon_sword_info

romans_brutii folder
    sarmatian_noble_woman_info
    sarmatian_virgin_archers_horse_info
    sarmatian_virgin_archers_info
    sarmatian_virgin_cavalry_info

scythia folder
    sarmatian_virgin_archers_horse_info?
    scythian_virgin_archers_horse_info

seleucid folder
    amazon_seleucid_cavalry_info

For recruitment UI (48x63)
    use the exact file name but replace the "_info" postfix with a "#" prefix

Thanks Guys!

A new 8.0A release is being sent to the download server right now.

Changes are

- adjusted Armen campaign start finance for the player, but not AI.
    - Amazon Barbarian longbow Chariot units can now be recruited by Suebii, Far East Celt, Western Celt, and Armen.
    - added capability for Armen to recruit wagon units at high smithing level.
    - new splash screen logo
    - new load screen logo

Bug discovered, the battle field banner hang at the Armenian city wall are stll the vanilla banner in green.

Currently with this new release the game runs so smoothly, no CTD and the units (campaign map) seem to respond much faster! But no CTD =O don't know what bugs or errors you fixed but now the game is just running perfectly!

Couple things in game though, fighting rebels around western Africa and Iberia all have the Carthage flag (banners) despite being spawned rebels and not Carthaginians turned rebels. And when fighting in central Iberia I couldn't help notice that the Stone Henge was there =P does Iberia and Britannia use the same maps or something?

And something unrelated to the mod, is there a safe way of switching from the game to the desktop/internet? I always use Alt-Tab but for Rome it can make it very hard to return to the game, like it refuses to load sometimes.

Currently with this new release the game runs so smoothly, no CTD and the units (campaign map) seem to respond much faster! But no CTD =O don't know what bugs or errors you fixed but now the game is just running perfectly!

Couple things in game though, fighting rebels around western Africa and Iberia all have the Carthage flag (banners) despite being spawned rebels and not Carthaginians turned rebels. And when fighting in central Iberia I couldn't help notice that the Stone Henge was there =P does Iberia and Britannia use the same maps or something?

And something unrelated to the mod, is there a safe way of switching from the game to the desktop/internet? I always use Alt-Tab but for Rome it can make it very hard to return to the game, like it refuses to load sometimes.
    It is good to know the fatal errors are less of problems now.

I will send the finding on the Carthage flag sighting to the error queue and BB will assign a developer to look into it.

There is or was a problem with Radeon graphics card. If you use new Geforce instead, it always switches instantaneously. Not to mention it is quieter.

If you experience only the loading, not unloading of the Rome Total War,

- it could be a problem with the Directx driver, make sure your driver and the video card is Directx 11 compatible.
    - You might also be low on CPU memory
    Last edited by parthian shot; 06-05-2013 at 04:55.

New 8.0A update is in progress.

- Celeste has changed the UI for Faction Selection Menu for Campaign,
    it now provides much better space utilization. As th result the faction description is much easier to read.
    - fixed Scythian Campaign UI map misalignment bug
    - change Rome's campaign description name from SENATVS POPVLVSQVE·ROMANVS to Res Publica Romana
    - enable Armen to recruit fire jar carriage ballista per BB's recommendation.
    - Celeste has also changed text for unit description to re-write Amazon light units, which were a great deal of typos and copy-paste errors.
    - Libyan horde cavalry now uses mano-ballista instead of javelin.

Will post when upload is ready.
    Last edited by parthian shot; 06-06-2013 at 17:49.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast