Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Amazons: Total War Ranked Among MOD-DB's Top 20 Titles
    As of May 27th, 2013, Amazons:Total War 8.0A has been released
    As of Feb 2nd, 2015, Amazons:Total War 8.0D has been released
    As of Mar 15th, 2015, Amazons:Total War 8.0F has been released
    As of Oct 31st, 2016, Amazons:Total War 8.1Z has been released

Amazons Total War 8.0 allows the player to explore many modern military concepts on the battlefields of antiquity, such as
    • Mobility and Stand-off Weapon capability using various women cavalry units.
    • Deploying Area Denial "minefield" on the battlefield using field engineers. A first on RTW mod.
    • Wagon fighting units with battle tactics not unlike German Panzer in WWII.
    • Guerrilla Warfare, allowing agent to infiltrate into enemy territory to raise army deep behind the enemy line.
    • Long Range Mobile Artillery, allowing artillery barrage, fire-support, and counter-battery.
    • Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry, a dominating cavalry formation for centuries in Eurasia, never before depicted by any video game.
    • Terrifying Super-heating Incendiary Weapons, in modern day military parlance known as the thermite munition.

Other Highlights of 8.0 Series

• Player programmable mode switch
    • Newly extended campaign map, now from British Isle to Afganistan.
    • Far Eastern Celt faction:
    • based on latest archaeological finding and anthropological theories. first time in any video game.
    • New war machines based on historical and anthropological findings.
    • New weapons.
    • Lush scenery and breathtaking landscape using faster custom RS II battle environment.
    • Quest based game play
    • Balanced Unit Modeling (or. B.U.M.):
    • unit's recruitment location/cost, vs. unit's appearance/capability must have direct relationship.
    • Resource driven army building.

===============================
    WARNING : MATURE PLAYERS ONLY

This mod contains some female nudity in the depiction of conflicts in antiquity, therefore if there is any reason the laws affecting your area prohibit you from viewing such content (for example, if you are under the age of 18 in most areas), please do not access the download.

By either downloading or installing this mod's compressed file, the user who performed the download/installation acknowledges that he (or she) is legal to view such content and he or she is solely responsible for the use as well as the consequences of the use of this mod.

Keeping the aforementioned prerequisites in mind, Please do not pass along or forward link to the download file without this warning be shown.
    And while playing multi-player online, please be mindful of the opponent's age or sensitivity, as each player is solely responsible for the unit(s) he or she selected to play.

Amazons: Total War 8.0, aka Amazons: Total War, Amazons: Total War Refulgent

Mod Leader: [Parthian Shot ] click the name within the bracket to send PM to Mod Leader.

You can download the latest 8.0F release [here].
    Please log in to moddb and rate this file, as we seem to be getting trolls giving the mod zero rating without any reason.

COPYRIGHT : STATEMENT OF RESOLUTION
    In addition to great amount of work by the members of the mod team, this mod is an accumulation of work from many sources as mentioned in the credit section of the readme folder in the compressed mod file. The said credit and acknowledge statements are carefully compiled and extra efforts made so as to be as accurate as possible. If, for any reason, there is an unintentional omission of credit or accidental unpermitted inclusion of prior art, the mod team, as represented by its mod leader, would be more than happy and willing to make corrective actions in a timely fashion to address said grievance(s) of copyright issues. Therefore any complaints of this nature should be addressed first to the mod leader (link to private message as shown above) so as to allow the Amazons Total War mod team to make amend of such mistake prior to any means of escalation.

As an attached clause, any copyright claims or complaints to third parties, without substantiation, and without attempts to resolve the issues first with the said mod leader shall be deemed as frivolous harassment.

You need 7zip utility to uncompress the file. Due to increase in complexity, it is recommended the system has a minimum of 4GB RAM to have more trouble free gaming experience. You also need Rome Total War/Barbarian Invasion 1.6 (or Rome Total War Gold Edition) in its vanilla form.

The original Whitepaper is published [here]

For the weapon description, you can read them [here].

For the factional background of the game, you can read more detail [here].

For the Balanced Unit Modeling Concept, or B.U.M., you can read more [here].

18+ viewers only, Amazon Total War 8.0 series demo video by Naxzul666, please "like" the videos if you find it helpful.

18+ viewers only, Amazon Total War 6.0 series and 7.0 series demo videos by Naxzul666, please "like" the videos if you find it helpful.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Amazon 7.0 Demo Video

You can post comments about the video [here]

Amazon 6.0 Demo Video
    [YOUTUBE]66k-lpHr9lw[/YOUTUBE]
    You can post comments about the video [here]

Sorry Wheelie, have to take this OP for announcement.
    Last edited by parthian shot; 11-02-2016 at 14:50.

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Thank You! WP

I am just trying to set up my new account.
    Cel has logged in but nowhere in sight.

Amazon Total War Admin Member parthian shot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeliepaul View Post
    Where ever you go goes WheeliePo

Armenia has great power in this version they even challenge the romans. Horsebreeding and exp.bows seems to be no problem for the AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    Thank You! WP

I am just trying to set up my new account.
    Cel has logged in but nowhere in sight.
    Welcome!

I see Wheelie is ahead of BB and Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeliepaul View Post
    Where ever you go goes WheeliePo

Armenia has great power in this version they even challenge the romans. Horsebreeding and exp.bows seems to be no problem for the AI.
    Great! Because of the move, I have not published the latest mod files and BB is also busy.

Everything will be slow until I catch up with the data migration from TWC.

How you change the background of this web page?

I love Japanese paintings, but the wallpaper is just so, depressing!

Find the last bar on the bottom of the webpage, on the left it should say "TWS2"?
    Just click to select the one you like.

I picked "the guild"

Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    Find the last bar on the bottom of the webpage, on the left it should say "TWS2"?
    Just click to select the one you like.

I picked "the guild"
    You did?

Just happened to mine too!

the silver shield pikemen of the seleucids has three man carrying a flag this must be one.