Thread: A next gen feature I am excited for.

Default A next gen feature I am excited for.

Despite the recent PR distaster that Microsoft has been experiencing with the XboxOne, both next gen consoles have built in features which I am particularly excited for, although not many people seem to be talking about it. What I am excited about is the ability to directly broadcast a livestream from your gen-8 console directly to either Ustream (PS4) or Twitch.tv (XboxOne). For myself, and I suspect for many other people, Netlifx, Hulu and other streaming service has completely replaced the cable box for any tv needs. Well for a growing fan base, livestreaming (particularly of video games) has become another staple in the internet based entertainment that people consume.

I am a huge fan of Twitch.tv. It is the biggest livestreaming site for video games on the internet ever since their main competitor Own3d died late last year. But one of the main issues that I have seen with livestreaming is the difficultly to bring the console based communties to the site. It's a pain in the ass to hook up your console to your computer so you can stream playing console games. Because of this, one of the biggest and oldest esport communities, the fighting game community, only spikes in popularity on Twitch during major tournament broadcasts. Hardly any individual fighting game personalities can be found on Twitch, and it is detrimental in my opinion that an entire section of esports has been essentially cut off from the new economic model that a lot of individuals are making a good living off of.

But now, that all changes with the next gen consoles. Exclusivity to Ustream for PS4 will be a good thing since there is a need for more competition with Twitch since the downfall of Own3d. I can't wait to see more fighting game content and for the number of livestreaming viewers to expand over the next couple years. The more people involved in this model, the more stable it will become and with it, new opportunities for talented and/or charismatic young people will be able to open up.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: A next gen feature I am excited for.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...n-Buyers-Guide
    I'm from the glorious PC master race and I wouldn't touch a console with a sh***y stick, but this video might help y'all out.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Member thankful for this post: