Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inco Plays | Medieval II: Total War | England

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: Inco Plays | Medieval II: Total War | England

Darn, the only choices are muslim cities and castles, no benefit in that.

If I sit tight and keep an eye on the excommunications, if he kicks out one of my enemies, will that then make one of their cities/castles a potential target?

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    Darn, the only choices are muslim cities and castles, no benefit in that.

If I sit tight and keep an eye on the excommunications, if he kicks out one of my enemies, will that then make one of their cities/castles a potential target?
    Yes you're more than likely able to call a crusade on an excommunicated ruler. However I'm not positive as to the details because I can't remember ever having done this.

Also, here's the next episode!

Really love seeing you ride down the French faction heir. Well played. All fair in love and war!

This was posted a few days ago, but you may not have seen it:

Another fun installment. That was surprising seeing France go vassal.

It definitely was. Caught me very much off guard, but in retrospect it's a sensible move on their part. Here's today's episode for you guys:

I'm stopping by Gerard's on the way home for a pie.

Sorry, I have forgotten to share the last few episodes! I've been busy with other things. Nevertheless, here they are below:

Member thankful for this post:

I ordered a catapult from Ikea today, I hope to put it together shortly AND not have it fall apart hours later.

I ordered a catapult from Ikea today, I hope to put it together shortly AND not have it fall apart hours later.
    I wish thee luck, friend. Keep it out of the rain.

I've brewed up another video for you folks. War escalates yet again in France:

Once more unto the breach:

Finally had some time to watch episode #1. Well done. I have quite a bit of catching up to do.
    This space intentionally left blank

Myth 

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Just note that some of the things he achieves are sort of exploitative (which is OK if you are going for a record). Also, he reloads until he can get some clutch battles, so don't be dismayed if you can't get the same results right off the bat.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Are you referring to myself? Or have you replied to the wrong thread?

To you, but I didn't mean to offend. Jihad abuse is IMO an exploit not intended by the game designers, that's what I meant. And you yourself mention reloading in the videos. So a first time player should be aware of this when comparing his syle of playing to yours (which is optimized for blitzing the map in record time)

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    To you, but I didn't mean to offend. Jihad abuse is IMO an exploit not intended by the game designers, that's what I meant. And you yourself mention reloading in the videos. So a first time player should be aware of this when comparing his syle of playing to yours (which is optimized for blitzing the map in record time)
    No offense taken, just confusion. I'm not sure I've abused Jihads... or Crusades for that matter. Unless of course you mean when I took Alexandria. Hardly an exploit in that case. I didn't make any gains in Egypt, regardless of exploit or not.

Now about the reloading - I'm not sure when I would have said that. Every video is done in one take, if you will. There is no reloading. The only time I've re-recorded parts is when there are technical issues (for example when I forgot to turn my microphone on, etc.) or I find my commentary and gameplay boring. So you are incorrect in that statement, just FYI.

By no means am I going for a record. I'm playing on N/N! And I certainly am not blitzing. If I were I'd have much more territory by now. My play style is focused on developing an interesting, reasonable campaign, and in fact I avoid blitzing as much as possible.

Oh wow. Sorry, I mistook your video thread for the other video thread where the blayer blitzed the map in record time. This is the thread in question. I feel so silly now Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Oh wow. Sorry, I mistook your video thread for the other video thread where the blayer blitzed the map in record time. This is the thread in question. I feel so silly now Sorry!
    Haha no worries mate! Understandable. I'm glad we got it cleared up though, I was very, very confused.

Councillor Giuliano is trying to break the siege of Marseille, but Barty Carr has other plans:

This battle is the stupidest. The stupidest.:

Finally our missions expire and the English war machine wakes once again:

I've watched just a couple of the episodes so far and already I've picked up a couple of useful tidbits from your commentary. Thanks.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    I've watched just a couple of the episodes so far and already I've picked up a couple of useful tidbits from your commentary. Thanks.
    Glad to hear it!

Guess you are having more luck than I am getting it to run since the patch. I can get SS to load, but all the sounds now in mine are from Americas. Very annoying and odd. But then there's a known sound bug in vanilla MTW2 now CA has been made aware of, who knows, maybe they are are related.

Guess you are having more luck than I am getting it to run since the patch. I can get SS to load, but all the sounds now in mine are from Americas. Very annoying and odd. But then there's a known sound bug in vanilla MTW2 now CA has been made aware of, who knows, maybe they are are related.
    Unfortunately I had recorded this before the patch. I haven't tried any mods yet (still downloading) but I hope to figure it out shortly. I'll let you know of any tricks I find.

EDIT: Yep, I got it all sorted. No tricks really. I'm using the same two tools I had been using before, I just needed to rename a few files. If anyone still needs help, throw me a message.
    Last edited by Incoherencel; 07-24-2014 at 05:25.

Well, just reporting back I got it back installed, just deleted the whole thing and started over, somehow the sound got jacked up, probably because I was running it via the edit the Americas directory from Kingdoms trick at the point the patch downloaded (which CA was not so kind as to informed everyone in advance about).

Anyway, got it back installed, and now I use a command line to load it rather than renaming a directory, that way when they hopefully get around to fixing the sound bug they introduced in vanilla MTW2 I won't have to worry about them crippling my SS install yet again.

This does however mean that I will be forced to start over as England, haha. I got about half way through with you and then something pulled me away, I played an entire campaign using retrofit (which is now not necessary since the patch brought MTW2 up to Kingdom anyway) and just never made it back.

Well, just reporting back I got it back installed, just deleted the whole thing and started over, somehow the sound got jacked up, probably because I was running it via the edit the Americas directory from Kingdoms trick at the point the patch downloaded (which CA was not so kind as to informed everyone in advance about).

Anyway, got it back installed, and now I use a command line to load it rather than renaming a directory, that way when they hopefully get around to fixing the sound bug they introduced in vanilla MTW2 I won't have to worry about them crippling my SS install yet again.

This does however mean that I will be forced to start over as England, haha. I got about half way through with you and then something pulled me away, I played an entire campaign using retrofit (which is now not necessary since the patch brought MTW2 up to Kingdom anyway) and just never made it back.
    Would you like links to the tools, or a guide as to how I've got my mods/Kingdoms set up? I was thinking of making a video guide to resolve problems from this patch

Thanks, but I think I've got a handle on it and things are working again. I've not gone past a couple turns though as I was really just confirming yesterday that I had gotten it to work again.

That said there might be a lot of people out there right now who could use such a video, especially those a bit less tech savvy or who are better informed visually that via text.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast