Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Hunt for The Fox [Concluded]

Default Re: Hunt for The Fox [IN PLAY]

For the edification of the players:

Gaius dropped a number of scum-tells in the endgame, but the last, and biggest by far - and possibly what tripped off Outsider - was

Vote: CountArach, since I always intended to,
    As a straightforward townie, he would have almost certainly voted Arach right away, or at least he would have once Arach voted him. While it's certainly a plausible move that a guileless townie might antagonize the only undecided player in a showdown if he truly believed that this third player were the guilty party, following it up with a line like that above not only nullifies the towniness of the original vote, but subverts it in a huge way.

Let this be a lesson to you all.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Wow, that really did surprise me. I thought for sure Gaius was innocent the whole time. Well played!

In any case, good game all!
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

At Monty: I realised this after the fact. What I meant/actually intended to say was:

'Vote: Count Arach, not because The Outsider told me to in a PM, but because it is the only viable option...'

Thanks to TheLastDays for an excellent and entertaining set-up, and the other players for a hard-fought game...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Well that was a close one. I like the setup TLD, and the game was definitely enjoyable.

So close Gaius, well played.

Congratz town!!

Oh! GSC, I knew it was you since your #70 post! I also told TLD about it! :P But B-wing had a so clear sight of the game mechanics that made me reconsider my convictions!! That was my second mistake... first was lynching Nightbringer... he was so scummy for a moment I believed him town too! In my eyes your play was perfect, including post #70!!

Dcmort93, I'm sorry to have you killed so soon but after accidentally killing Chaotix my next target needed to be a really low risk one and there existed the possibility your lack of activity and the lack of a kill from one team were linked!
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Congratz town!!

Oh! GSC, I knew it was you since your #70 post! I also told TLD about it! :P But B-wing had a so clear sight of the game mechanics that made me reconsider my convictions!! That was my second mistake... first was lynching Nightbringer... he was so scummy for a moment I believed him town too! In my eyes your play was perfect, including post #70!!

Dcmort93, I'm sorry to have you killed so soon but after accidentally killing Chaotix my next target needed to be a really low risk one and there existed the possibility your lack of activity and the lack of a kill from one team were linked!
    You're more 'crazy' when you're town, which was one of my more deciding reasons for voting you.

I can see that I am going to acquire a reputation for well-played games that end with an obvious and catastrophic error...

Thank you for your kind words.

I will put this down to the early morning mangling my grammar. I was also pretty worried about this (bolding added):

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Hi The Outsider,

PMs are explicitly forbidden in the rules. As much as I would like to win, I will not break the rules to do so. I have CC'd TheLastDays in so that he is aware.

Anything that you would like to say, please feel free to state it in thread. I will be around until the deadline and will respond to anything that is posted there.

Kind Regards,

Curio
    I realised afterwards that I should have said town...

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted, and I look forward to future TLD games.

- Vergil

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    You're more 'crazy' when you're town, which was one of my more deciding reasons for voting you.
    I'm always crazy but as mafia I vent my stress killing!

That night I should have killed Gaius instead of B-wing and perhaps I could have lived longer but still there were to many townies alive to achieve my victory...

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Good game to everyone! And a very interesting setup, TLD.

Gaius had a rough last day, but he was in a bad position and he played quite admirably since my N1 death.

I'm glad we at least managed to outlast the CIA and get the Fox lynched. Congrats to Outsider and CA for figuring it out and not bending to our will like the peasants you are...
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Wtf Outsider? You actually read the manual? That just isn't done.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Very fun and interesting game! Thanks for hosting, TLD, you're the man. I like the idea of figuring out the set-up as you go; really wished I had made the sign-up for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Oh! GSC, I knew it was you since your #70 post! I also told TLD about it! :P But B-wing had a so clear sight of the game mechanics that made me reconsider my convictions!!
    I never would have guessed there were actually two sets of mafia, nor that they couldn't kill the Fox until the other group was dead. Good stuff!

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Wing View Post
    Very fun and interesting game! Thanks for hosting, TLD, you're the man. I like the idea of figuring out the set-up as you go; really wished I had made the sign-up for this one.

I never would have guessed there were actually two sets of mafia, nor that they couldn't kill the Fox until the other group was dead. Good stuff!
    It was a little more subtle than that.

We couldn't night-kill the Fox, period, but he could kill us.

We had to get him lynched, but we couldn't do it until we had finished off the other mafia group, or we would both lose. We also couldn't destroy the town before killing him, otherwise we would lose and he would win.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    It was a little more subtle than that.

We couldn't night-kill the Fox, period, but he could kill us.

We had to get him lynched, but we couldn't do it until we had finished off the other mafia group, or we would both lose. We also couldn't destroy the town before killing him, otherwise we would lose and he would win.
    In fact it was actually quite complex for a mafioso in this environment: Riedquat had it easy, just survive and kill everyone. The fact that we managed two out of three parts of our mission is quite incredible to me...

- Vergil

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Well that's a relief. I was legitimately concerned about which one of you two was the final non-town player but the kill on Visorslash was the final nail in the coffin that convinced me it was Gaius. I'm just glad The Outsider joined me in that one - I was truly nervous about this nail-biter. I'm honestly surprised that the Town managed to win a game with 5 scum and only this many players, regardless of the extra rules that were in play. Also Gaius, I was thinking at one point when going over your post how strangely obsessed you seemed to be with voting Reidquat out. I considered the possibility that you were the SK at one point and had a specific goal to kill a see him lynched. I guess I wasn't too far off the truth.

I feel pretty proud about the three straight scum lynches, which I like to think I was quite instrumental in. We got off to a really rocky start but pulled it all together at the end. I'm also just quite simply amazed that I wasn't actually lynched at any point. I think that someone voted me almost every day phase.

Thanks for a great game TLD, I will certainly remember this victory for some time.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Yes it was truly a great experience and I am honestly thankfull to TLD for everything. But also i need to tell you guys that i am thankfull to all of you for readily accepting an outsider in your midst . As i mentioned before, the org is one of the friendliest and funniest forums on the net and thats why i have been around for so long. It is true that the last couple of posts of gaius were quite fishy the real thing that has sprang me in to action was nothing but a song and for that montmorency will be always remembered as the town martry Also thanks are in order for CA as he made the right decision, without him we were surely doomed. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Riedquat had it easy, just survive and kill everyone.
    Yeah... easy! There is no pressure knowing there are 4 mafiosi who knows who you are and besides if you kill a team accidentally you are gone! Easy! pff!! Deal you with my paranoia and then tell me how easy it was!

TLD, a very enjoyable game, thanks for hosting!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Close call, but victory nontheless.
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I've been on the winning side twice in a row. What a strange state of affairs.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789