Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunt for The Fox [Concluded]

Default Re: Hunt for The Fox [SIGN-UPS]

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    FYI: Abstain changed his name back into Visorslash.

Vote: Montmorency to break the tie
    DC is an abstain voter normally, he doesn't know (I think) that I changed my name briefly.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Hunt for The Fox
    Night 1!

"Good night", a smile was on the man's lips as he left the local tavern, turning around one more time to wave to his friends. He hadn't been drinking himself to a coma but enough to forget about the terrible day, at least for the moment and to put him into a jolly mood. It was also enough to make his way home a little less straightforward. Jumbling from side to side in the muddy street he held on to a wall every now and then to keep from falling down.

Suddenly he saw a figure approaching. A toneless 'wow' formed on his lips as he stared into what must have been the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. It must have been the alcohol or maybe he had fallen asleep and was dreaming but this woman was stunning. He tried to pull himself up against a building standing up straight, saying: "Oh, good evening beautiful lady, what is an angel like you doing alone out here?"

At least he thought that was what he was saying. In reality it was closer to "Gooeeve biffilay... whaagharrvel...." He slumped to the ground, the alcohol robbing him of his senses. Maybe it was for the better. A disgusted look on her face the lady pulled a gun from inside her mantle and without hesitation aimed it at his forehead before pulling the trigger.

She turned around and started walking away, quickly, when she heard a noise to the side. She looked but saw nothing. Another noise, behind her. Now she started walking more hastily, turning around a few corners quickly. Come on, remember your training. She looked behind, past the last corner she had turned and for the fragment of a second she thought she could see the figure of a man up the alley. Another noise coming from that direction. Yes, someone was definitely behind her, following her.

Quickly she turned the other way and walked fast, almost ran down a few more streets. Looking back a few times she could sometimes see a shadow, sometimes hear steps or something falling over behind her when suddenly she ran into something. Gathering her senses she looked and her stomach turned when she saw the grinning face and the blank gun. She knew it was too late to reach for her own and her failure was the last thing she ever thought about.

In the morning two bodies were found in the street. A crowd had gathered around a man when they turned him around and someone called out. "Hey, I know this guy! That's..."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    El Barto was killed.
    He was innocent.

That didn't happen at the scene a few streets away. Nobody knew the woman that was lying in the mud, nobody had ever seen her and when a guy pulled out a driving license nobody recognized the name Alesja Lavricova. She was definitely not from around here...

Chaotix was killed.
    He was guilty.

The bodies were picked up and done away with and shortly after the town was gathering again. The mayor made a short address, basically stating that there were obviously more killers around. "We need to put an end to this. Let's not go for another innocent man from our midst like yesterday!"

It is now DAY 2!

Voting closes tomorrow, Sunday, Midnight CET / 6 P.M. US Eastern. Votes after the deadline will not be counted, unless there is a tie. If there's a tie the first vote to break it after the deadline decides.

WOG Warning: Makrell
    If you don't vote during today's phase you are eligible for the WOG/replacement.

Alive:
    edse
    Ishmael
    Riedquat
    Darth Feather
    autolycus
    Nightbringer
    Visorslash
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    rickinator9
    dcmort93
    CountArach
    Jarema
    Makrell
    The Outsider

Lynched:
    Montmorency

Killed:
    El Barto
    Chaotix
    Last edited by TheLastDays; 08-04-2013 at 10:14.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Well, that was good of the Fox.

vote: rickinator9

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

So it looks like we have 2 groups of killers, or (probably more likely) a mafia and a psycho. I am guessing that the second kill was from the psycho based on the reference to the "grinning face". It seems unlikely that we would have multiple solo killers and as such we can perhaps surmise that Chaotix was in a family. He was almost lynched yesterday and looking at the vote patterns this post is interesting from Darth Feather:
    Vote: Montmorency to break the tie
    It was the final vote which sealed Montmorency's fate and thus saved Chaotix.

Vote: Darth Feather

@ TheLastDays - Could you please highlight the dead player names in the list of killed and lynched after each update in red/blue? That would make it much easier to keep track of.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Vote: Darth Feather for saving Chaotix. Other good choices for tomorrow and the days after include Count Arach, The Outsider and edse.

In all honesty, I don't think Darth Feather would be that blatant in saving his teammate - with only the two of them, he surely would have considered it too risky. I went for rickinator because his vote took some of the pressure off Chaotix, but early enough that it wasn't quite so obvious.

CountArach, the write-ups strongly indicate that there are (well, were) two mafia and one SK ('The Fox').

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    CountArach, the write-ups strongly indicate that there are (well, were) two mafia and one SK ('The Fox').
    Yeah I just don't like to take anything for granted until we can verify it over the course of multiple write-ups.

And I would be surprised if Darth Feather was being that blatant too but I find very little to go on at this point. Also no one would really have been questioning him if Chaotix hadn't been killed, or at least he would have been far less suspicious. So this early in the game I guess it is less of a risk to do that sort of voting.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    So it looks like we have 2 groups of killers, or (probably more likely) a mafia and a psycho. I am guessing that the second kill was from the psycho based on the reference to the "grinning face". It seems unlikely that we would have multiple solo killers and as such we can perhaps surmise that Chaotix was in a family. He was almost lynched yesterday and looking at the vote patterns this post is interesting from Darth Feather:

It was the final vote which sealed Montmorency's fate and thus saved Chaotix.

@ TheLastDays - Could you please highlight the dead player names in the list of killed and lynched after each update in red/blue? That would make it much easier to keep track of.
    Makes sense to me, and we might as well make sure while we don't have any other candidates.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 08-04-2013 at 05:40.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

ah darn it, forgot to vote in first post. vote:darth feather

sorry about the double post.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

While Darth Feather's actions are questionable, I question the wisdom of an overwhelming bandwagon at this early stage...

Similarly, if someone had Chaotix killed, one would presume that there are other threats who would not be so easily tied to him.

Vote: Riedquat
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

vote: Rickinator.
    I will say Darth, but he has a few votes already.
    All who voted to save Chaotix are slightly suspicious

Vote: Darth Feather maybe he took the risk considering it unlikely that Chaotix would die so soon.

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

vote:visorslash

Something fishy is going on with him. I certainly smell a degree of scummines... First he voted for someone else but when he realised that chaotix was beyond saving he trew away his ally.... Also he seems to have a good.list.of people to lynch before others might have the chance to consider lynching him. A good strategy to draw away suspicious eyes i beleive.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Sure... Done and will do

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

ok, that looks really bad for me. I wouldn't probably be so blatant. I mean, in The Palace I did not save ACIN even though I had the chance. That said, I would probably vote for me if I were in your place.

so: Vote: CountArach for putting montmorency in the lead.
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Vote: Visorslash agreement with the outsider.

vote:rickinator Ishmael's argument makes sense to me.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Tally with less than half the day to go:

Darth Feather: 4 (CountArach, Visorslash, Nightbringer, edse)

rickinator9: 3 (Ishamel, Jarema, autolycus)

Visorslash: 2 (The Outsider, Makrell)

Riedquat: 1 (Gaius Scribonius Curio)
    CountArach: 1 (Darth Feather)

Not voting: Riedquat, rickinator9, dcmort93

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Actually I could save myself, but I really think I shouldn't. This is going to bite me afterwards anyway.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Let's kill Darth out of self preservation.

rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Unvote

You aren't even in the lead. That seals it: OMGUSVote: Rickinator (also for trying to save chaotix.)

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Unvote

You aren't even in the lead. That seals it: OMGUSVote: Rickinator (also for trying to save chaotix.)
    Is it forbidden to help out the newcomer? It's good to see some new faces around. Besides, where were you on the Chaotix lynch? You could have voted for Chaotix when you broke the tie by voting for Monty.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

o.O I don't even know why people is voting rickinator, the only one having a valid reason is Ishmael, in his mind... ricky's vote was the third or fourth of the previous round, the incidence of his vote was almost non exitant...
    DF breakinng the tie was bad but worse with Chaotix revealed, in this situation I don't think it is wise to give him the benefit of the doubt. Vote: Dearth Feather
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    I don't think it is wise to give him the benefit of the doubt. Vote: Dearth Feather
    I concur

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9
    Besides, where were you on the Chaotix lynch? You could have voted for Chaotix when you broke the tie by voting for Monty
    that's why I am in the lead right now.
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 08-04-2013 at 18:45.

Another tally:

Darth Feather: 6 (CountArach, Visorslash, Nightbringer, edse, rickinator9, Riedquat)

rickinator9: 4 (Ishamel, Jarema, autolycus, Darth Feather)

Not voting: dcmort93

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    o.O I don't even know why people is voting rickinator, the only one having a valid reason is Ishmael, in his mind... ricky's vote was the third or fourth of the previous round, the incidence of his vote was almost non exitant...
    DF breakinng the tie was bad but worse with Chaotix revealed, in this situation I don't think it is wise to give him the benefit of the doubt. Vote: Dearth Feather
    unvote; vote: Darth Feather

Hunt for The Fox
    End of Day 2!

The voting was much less fragmented and more decisive than during the first day. There had been two murders happening at night and if anything they strengthened the resolve of the town and reinforced them in the belief that they had to keep up what they had started until this whole thing was over. The man that had appeared late to yesterday's meeting and had then sentenced one of the innocent among them to death was the center of attention.

To make matters worse the woman he had defended the other day had turned out to be a killer herself and after a few arguments had been exchanged he concluded himself that killing him was probably the best course of action. Shrugging he stepped into the middle of the crowd at the end of the day, closing his eyes so he didn't have to see the mayor's large bodyguard approaching with a sledgehammer. In the end a pile of smashed head was all that remained of...

Darth Feather was lynched.
    He was innocent.

Final Tally:

Darth Feather: 7 (CountArach, Visorslash, Nightbringer, edse, rickinator9, Riedquat, Jarema)

rickinator9: 3 (Ishamel, autolycus, Darth Feather)

Not voting: dcmort93

It is now NIGHT 2!

Orders due tomorrow, Monday, Midnight CET / 6 P.M. US Eastern.

Alive:
    edse
    Ishmael
    Riedquat
    autolycus
    Nightbringer
    Visorslash
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    rickinator9
    dcmort93
    CountArach
    Jarema
    Makrell
    The Outsider

Lynched:
    Montmorency
    Darth Feather

Killed:
    El Barto
    Chaotix
    Last edited by TheLastDays; 08-05-2013 at 22:37.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

That's all, folks.

Hunt for The Fox
    Night 2!

Many of the townspeople had retreated home early after a disastrous day looking for various ways to forget the guilt of killing another innocent member of their community. This man was no different. He had tried to read something but he couldn't concentrate, he was both disturbed by the events of the day and afraid of the night so finally he settled for some mindless distraction and turned on the TV. He was lucky. There was a program he liked and the lighthearted humour was actually working on him, soon he was laughing and he got himself a beer from the kitchen. Both the guilt and the fear seemed to have gone at least for now.

On his way back from the refrigerator just when he was about to sit down again he heard a knock on the door. Cursing he put the beer down and quickly grabbed a robe from the bathroom. He wasn't exactly presentable but he didn't care. He didn't plan to invite anyone in. He hooked the door chain in, opening the door just a crack but that was enough. With a loud crashing noise the door flew open, ripping the chain from it's fixture and sending him flying onto his back. Moaning in pain he tried to lift himself up off the ground and regain his orientation but his attacker was already on top of him. He saw the crowbar come down at him just early enough to lift his arm, protecting his face but breaking his bones instead. The attacker kicked him in his groin, making him writhe in pain before continuing his ferocious attacks with the crowbar, this time without any resistance.

The whle thing was over quickly and the mysterious man left the building through a window as some doors in the stairway were opening, people being alarmed by the noise. A woman was running over from the other side of the hall, looking through the open door, her eyes wide open as she covered her mouth in shock. "Oh no... No!", she cried to her husband, "Look what they did to..."

Ishmael was killed.
    He was innocent.

On the other end of town a man was taking his dog for a walk. He was afraid as well but what could he do? He was trying to get his dog to hurry up so he could get back inside but just today the old boy seemed to be in no hurry at all. Suddenly the animal was barking, looking into the direction of a small park, wagging it's tail. "No... No, boy, we're not going there tonight, we..." he didn't get any further, the dog was suddenly running, pulling the leash so hard and sudden that the man let go and had to run after his dog. "Stop!", he had to enter the park, "Stop, boy!", he looked around, his eyes getting used to the darkness away from the streetlights. "Where are you?" He cursed and then heard a noise to his right.

About 20 metres away he saw a shadow rushing away from a small body that lay lifeless on the ground. "No...", he whispered and was about to either crawl to his dog or follow that crazy animal murderer when he was grabbed from behind, a strong arm choking him, not letting go, no matter how hard he fought back. He had no chance, slowly the life left his eyes and he stopped his failed attempts at breathing, sliding to the ground, his attacker leaving him there to be discovered in the morning. The park attendant knew his face, he had often seen him there with his dog...

Jarema was killed.
    He was innocent

The local tavernkeeper was about to lock up the bar and start cleaning when the little bell over the door announced another customer. "We're closing", she said, without looking at the door but she could hear steps approaching the bar and as she turned a man was sitting on one of the stools, smiling at her. "Oh, come on, just one drink." She wasn't sure. "Hey, I had a tough day", he looked at her pleadingly. "Alright, alright", she smiled. The man looked nice enough. "What do you want?"

"Scotch." She nodded, that's what she'd thought. She turned around, reaching for the bottle and pouring him a shot. "So, why are you still out?", she queried as she put the glass down in front of him. "Oh", he shrugged, "I've been out, looking for someone."

"Found them?"

"Not yet, at least not quite", he shook his head and downed the whiskey, reaching into his jacket, "but I guess I'll settle for less then." She looked at him, confused until he quickly pulled a gun out of his jacket instead of the expected wallet. "Much less", he remarked, a contemptuous look on his face as he pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger.

The next day she was found and the mood was growing dim. Everyone had known the sweet lady and most of them liked her...

dcmort93 was killed.
    He was innocent

They were ready to forget the sadness though, even more determined to find the killers now they met again, most of them looking at the others with increasing suspicion.

It is now DAY 3!

Voting closes tomorrow, Tuesday, Midnight CET / 6 P.M. US Eastern. Votes after the deadline will not be counted, unless there is a tie. If there's a tie the first vote to break it after the deadline decides.

WOG Warning: -
    If you don't vote during today's phase you are eligible for the WOG/replacement.

Alive:
    edse
    Riedquat
    autolycus
    Nightbringer
    Visorslash
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    rickinator9
    CountArach
    Makrell
    The Outsider

Lynched: