Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Default Re: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	895.9 KB 
ID:	18385

wip, one week to go...thanks bro, very much. break for next term and vacation from work starting the 21st, diving back into Vue and modelling in maya so will hook you up, already have some scapes planned :)

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why would your work be a F? it looks good.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Thx, well its not really a matter of how it looks but of how its made. This is learning to create sets for animation and if the structure...modelling etc isnt correct then its not acceptable. managed to find some answers online and went back thru things and I'm thinking it will be a 'C'...hope lol. Just a couple things and will be done, turnin is friday night. The gaspumps for example are where it all falls apart. The modelling on them is junk and as a result it doesnt texture properly, but is such a mess cant see where to fix it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w_occ.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	18459

have to redo the texture for the ground, fix the lighting. And do a last onceover check. Then maybe can finally get some warhammer time in. Off the summer so will be going over what I didnt catch from this term...and want to go thru and catch screens from my favorite areas in a couple games and then model em.

Name:	scott_end.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	461.4 KB 
ID:	18487
    what I went with, spent a splendidly frustrating afternoon not being able to troubleshoot the tool that creates vegetation, and the paintbrush was going to use to make rust runs below the roof. Altho are many mistakes and things i havent done in awhile that I cant get right... Overall whatever he gives me will keep going, much to learn but I can see making some fantasy scenes.

Name:	scottEnd_closeup.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	558.6 KB 
ID:	18488

Looking good to my uneducated eye.
    This space intentionally left blank

Beskar 

Thanks, pulled an 85, he didnt like my use of textures because he said it hid the modelling. Should have gone with a maquette render which is without textures and ambient occlusion on , really does show it off. Now off school for the next term and vacation from work starts the 21st, playing catchup, getting organised, getting some texturing software 'Substance Painter' and getting the storysite worked on. Catchup and some warhammer, and something they call sleep. hmm

Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the fun stuff.

Name:	v6.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	18755

my first terrain in world builder, rendered in vue
    also learning substance painter2

Name:	sp2_test.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	18756
    in the bare infancy of my learning but can tell that this is going to be amazing

Name:	vue2d.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	18760

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	18831

The sunlight in the post# 250 is so convincing, I caught myself raising my hand to block the sun so I could see the rest of the landscape better. The last one - very moody setting. Kept looking for hints of your trademark barely there temples, statues or lanterns in amongst the trees, mountains or clouds.

Thanks my friend, will be delving deeper into vue again soon...was thinking of places where the temple is made of rock and tree. Spirit dwells deep in the earth and awareness come up thru root and fissure...

That sounds very cool. Can't wait to see you visions.

...life is such a prankster, tomorrow is last day of vacation, prolly my last with this company. Vue had gotten so laggy as to be unuseable. ..after I bought some new content lol. Its so laggy theres a 10 second wait on clicking anything. No tech support apparently and did all I could. Was thinking of a reinstall but I think instead of that am going to work on Unreal4 engine.
    ...school is run by such ^&*(% people. they didnt offer the one class I needed so i made plans to take another class online, they throw me attitude when I ask for a personal break. When I signed up I would take the classes, pass a review board then graduate. Now got a lovely msg that grat I had passed my core, was eligible to be reviewed and they would contact me shortly. Hmmm, thats a newer practice and I am exempt from it, im bound by my entering agreement.
    ...so, just to keep ya updated working on environmental modelling, working on modelling skills, texturing by learning substance painter, and taking it into unreal to show it off. Going to be very challenging but very rewarding.
    heard a story from an animator, guy he went to college with, slept in his car, ate in the cafeteria, showered in the dorm, just went to class, modelled and textured all day every damn day. They all thought he was crazy. hes a modelling TD at a major studio. I'm not working hard enough :(
    Sooo hooking up with some stuff from Gnomon workshop, and some env modelling websites and will endeavor to work, sleep, 3d, will post as it becomes available, and thx brudda

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Dimeola, have you tried looking into other modelling ventures? Since you're so keen on modelling and texturing, look into ways to promote your work. Perhaps your own website?

I've been looking lately at the whole Counter Strike GO modelling and texturing world and there are a number of people who managed to get their textures/skins into the game, and Valve pays them based on the keys that are sold on the Market which are then used to open cases that grant skins.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Skins
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thx Edy, been looking for a host to make a site....been thru a couple forums that wanted to start a story on but one got hacked and the other had shady adverts.....still looking...starting to learn Unreal4 ....best wish is to make environments for games etc...big wish I know.

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	19006

Vue

Name:	1013_a1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	19007

Name:	10_10a1.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	19008

Vue as well, starting on zbrush, making rocks, need to make rock, terrains, veges

Name:	quiet.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	19108
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkoF1FLjDfk

testing eval of Vue 2015 as 2014 is crap now, was going to add a few more things for you guys but software was so laggy. Sorry to be so negative on all this but dunno how else to take it now. 2015 will not work on my desktop either. Too bad it also doesnt work on my laptop, no clue man
    Last edited by Dimeola; 11-01-2016 at 21:24.

Um, my thanks was for the picture, not your Vue issues. I gather Vue support isn't very helpful?

Well it all looks great to me.
    Thank you for sharing your pilgrimage with us
    Long may you run
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Dimeo buddy, I love your fog/light renderings. It makes everything so calm and mysterious.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

thx brudda, their support seems worthless to me. Get a reply every 2 weeks, tried everything i could find plus a few suggestions, and all they did in the end was buy the new version. Is a very curious issue that shouldnt be happening but I cant fix it. Am trying a free software that lets me add Vue atmos in maya, off to eat so try to post example after :) Have a great Christmas.

hehe seems I cant use web boards properly...thx brudda, yea gave up on the support after they were answering mebbe every week or two, and in the end it was for me to buy the new version. Just dont have the time to keep digging.

Name:	done1.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	19193

in Maya, wip, needs work but have to switch gears

Name:	ozone_test_1b_by_dimeolas7-daoxq3g.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	19194

this is just a quick test of a plugin for maya called Ozone which lets me use my Vue atmospheres in Maya, really cool idea. Only downside am having is that ozone will reset parameters and cameras and sometimes its disastrous, need more research tho because this would be awesome :)

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Dimeo buddy, I love your fog/light renderings. It makes everything so calm and mysterious.
    thx brudda, thats how I feel, and now I want to grab some Vue time so hopefully get something moody done tonight, Have a Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Well it all looks great to me.
    Thank you for sharing your pilgrimage with us
    Long may you run
    Thx Bunny, No matter the frustrations I know that I will do this until my last breath. Am approaching a point where I can setup a solid workflow and then the real fun begins.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast