Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Default Re: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Thx guys, for me its all about finding a few moments of peace between work and people. Someone seems to always want something, and people even tho they may think they have the best intentions...well they think they know whats best for you and want you to be just like them. Because if no one else thinks like they do then they get insecure...security means that everyone is like them. All I ask for the rest of my life is to be left to my studies and my creation. I know whats best for me and what I need, it`s MY dream and I`ll fight to the death for it. This is a very simple idea yet is very hard to master....we can do just about anything we wish, IF we are willing to pay the price. The great battles are within. WE decide for the most part our own attitude, how we take life, how we think, how we act, what we spend time on.
    So if you have a dream, pursue it and fight for it. Pursue it with all your heart and mind and spirit, make the sacrifices in yourself to cleanup and maximize time on target. Do you flinch away from the tough stuff? Get frustrated? And as such get sidetracked? learn to be on the middle path, understand the frustration and temptation but keep pushing, remove the obstacles, refuse to acknowledge the hardship and it ceases to exist. Most people fall short that way, and people will doubt you to your face...use that as the 'why', fuel the desire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhzN...4EFA80B6722861 about 5:20

Its very true, we all fall down...but who gets back up? How many times do we have to get back up? Everytime you fall down, that's all :)
    Working on block modelling, a caboose and a drill and on the side a katana. Am still refining my time management, need to be much more efficient. Will be sharing work with you guys...and will be sure to do ya some nice places to sit. Thanks for all your support, is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (42).png 
Views:	152 
Size:	882.4 KB 
ID:	14828
    ...first modelling assignment, first is to blockmodel, in my case a caboose, then we will refine the shape and then add detail. Will get a critique tonight so hopefully wont be too bad lol

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

All very beautiful as usual Dimeola. It looks quite difficult to produce to my eyes as well. Pleasure to look at though. :)
    Silence is beautiful

Thank you :) ,,,initial design was a lil weak on a couple things but he liked the roof lol. Maya has some awesome tools and its a steep curve to begin with but as you go along you see how many ways there are to do things. So you have to decide how best to do. We decided I would model the slatted sides and not use a texture lol, still a long way to go. Seems like every time I get a good head of steam up its time to go to work.

Name:	tr0110a1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	14834
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	train_sidetest_1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	14832  
    Last edited by Dimeola; 01-10-2015 at 17:10.

Unfortunately, some things are more important than the beauty of the arts. :)
    Silence is beautiful

yep, I do seem to like to eat. Never been able to break that habit lol...btw this is the caboose on my folks toy Christmas train. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (44).png 
Views:	144 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	14836
    is progressing and am learning, will find out Wednesday night if he likes it or if I can start over...

Name:	Screenshot (47).png 
Views:	138 
Size:	298.8 KB 
ID:	14851
    just a few more details and he likes it....dieing to try some other things lol
    Last edited by Dimeola; 01-15-2015 at 06:36.

Name:	final.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	14862
    aight finished and turned in, on to the next one, modelling a concept piece....

I like the 90(?) degree rotation on the final product - much more pleasing (and traditional) angle.
    This space intentionally left blank

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

@$180!
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    @$180!
    Yes, I think it is 180 degrees too, if it is the have the 'big' bit behind the 'lower' bit at a similar angle, if that is what Gregoshi means as traditional.

Though, to replicate the angle in the one before, that might be a 90ish one.
    Last edited by Beskar; 01-24-2015 at 00:22.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

...all this math hurts my head...lol...new project is to model from a concept piece, rather fancifull...
    moving from the roughing in stage to detail and finishing then textures and a turntable and environment.

Name:	subtest1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	14906
    Looking forward to Attila, :)

Name:	subtest_4.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	14918
    playing with a texture, think I prefer it over physically modelling bolts or rivets...

Name:	sub7.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	14921

Members thankful for this post (3):

impressive.
    Silence is beautiful

Thx, hope it will be ontrack, can finish up a few days early and do a lil architecture :)

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Haha, the mini-sub reminds me of a minion from Despicable Me but made out of metal. Keep it up Dimeolas!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thx brudda...had to redo parts of the sub, looked good but bad modelling. Thou shalt not cram a part into another part lol...did the uv maps tonight and almost done. Next up is a bust...theres a tutorial on youtube for a minion, always wanted to try it. Vacation starts the 17th.... :)

...figured a couple things out, finishing up and then a figure, want to do a bust of afro-samurai :)
    Last edited by Dimeola; 02-17-2015 at 08:50.

Name:	Screenshot (63).png 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	14948

Initial work, we are doing a toon character and the ones suggested aren't very interesting...even a toon Afro Samurai is much better. Holding out not to buy Attila but I prolly will lol.

Nice artwork. I have rome II. I am terrible at it. Have been playing since STW but have lost my knack for it.
    Silence is beautiful

Thx brudda, I got Attila but havent had time to play. Term ends saturday and scrambling to finish last project. Want to model some architecture and play some Attila on break. Luckily catch a three day with no work and no school, am almost giddy at the prospect lol.

That sounds delightful. Your hard work should enhance your leisure time.
    Silence is beautiful

...kinda like when a great pressure is released....there will be time to do many things....wondrous things...like sleep lol...

True. Sleep is good, as long as you don't spend all of your free time asleep. Let us hope your time off helps you rejuvenate your creative and cognitive abilities.
    Silence is beautiful

free time is like an explosion. Ive never had a shortage of ideas. In fact always describe it as ideas clamouring to get out, until one rips my head off and climbs out to be born. All the repressed personal projects are living again.....
    :)
    only bad thing is I havent touched those other softwares for two terms lol so trying to use Maya controls on em .....

Member thankful for this post:

What you describe as far as maya and the like sound very difficult to me. I have no problem with free time however. I have so many random thoughts traveling in one direction or the other in my mind at any given time is quite unreal. Using them constructively is where I fail. Reminds me of the old glory days of school were daydreaming took precedence to lectures and homework.
    Silence is beautiful

Maya is a very powerfull program. Had never tried it til school so the curve is steep, but is doable. Sometimes it just takes going thru some tutorials online as well as class. In fact I think I learn more from Lynda.com and Digital_Tutors lol.
    problem I think is that we have the right idea when we are young. Then as we growup we are drilled that dreams are a waste of time, that we have to learn fear, basically we lose alot of the truth of dealing with life and being happy and fullfilled.
    We should always dream. have courage and innocence. Lives that are so full and seriousness, what a way to kill the heart and the soul.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEN...B1CF9&index=22
    Malukah :)

...the folks who are good at programs like Maya get fast with it...my problem is that it takes so much time to see how to do it, remember how to do it, mess it up then fix it lol. Poser and such do alot for you but rob you of total control. Once I get familiar enough that it doesnt take me so long to do things then i`ll be in heaven. I want to create what i`m dreaming and thus learn to refine my dreaming :)

Name:	Reaver1b.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	596.3 KB 
ID:	15030
    a lil poser using a new set by Xurge3D

Very nice indeed. Your dreams become quite lucid when you apply your abilities in your programs. Beautiful!
    Silence is beautiful

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast