ID:	19518

Members thankful for this post (3):

Default Re: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2d_by_dimeolas7-db3oyc8.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	19561
    raw wip render, needs more but dont know when theres time. The new desktop seems to run Vue no issue and is a beast so more Vue coming. Been working on UVing and texturing and making some smaller props and architecture. Started playing in Unreal so whenever I can get a simple area to walk around in may upload it so anyone who wants can load into the Unreal engine and go look.
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/dimeolas

tbbh I dont think will ever land a job in this but whatever may come I will keep pushing and I will get my story made and at the least have a good world with a body of stories before I go. I cannot anymore stop creating than I can stop breathing. Just sitting around would just be living dead, no point lol. Ok, enjoy and more coming. Will explain my process at some point but looks like im learning the right software and my workflow is good so .......

Members thankful for this post (2):

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	19582

Members thankful for this post (3):

Name:	test4.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	19670

...working on an Ork Wheel o Death as scratch modelled by Bill King on Deviantart...much still to do, hope you guys are well
    :)

Member thankful for this post:

Name:	dimroof.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	19698

start of a cyberpunk metal roof

Name:	wheel_final_by_dimeolas7-dbflqli.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	19735

done, hope you guys are well

Name:	tex_test_1_by_dimeolas7-dbudtza.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	20696

Been awhile and hope my old friends are well. Much has changed here. It has been a steady stream of bad things from life. Dad had a mild stroke in late Oct, I quit my job new years eve and Mom passed in the doctors office the 13th. Had pretty much given up art but not only did Mom love my work, it's the heart of me and I need it to heal. At present I just cant go back to retail mgt. Studying for my first IT A+ certifications in hopes of breaking in. And taking care of my dad.
    Attached is my last bit of 3d work inspired by Bill King's scratchbuilt work. Real nice guy and very talented. Haven't really had the time or desire to game but excited for the Brittania game coming. You guys take care, will be lurking somewhere close and try to readup. take care.

Name:	1_by_dimeolas7-dc9kvmg.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	20697

Name:	sword_by_dimeolas7-dc5fl66.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	605.2 KB 
ID:	20698

Name:	temple_by_dimeolas7-dc9v6ly.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	20699

My landscape program Vue has been on hard times Both the store site and the manufacturers site were hacked and down for a couple months, the developers site is back but the store site has been down 6 or 7 months now. there is no way to redownload or a staore to purchase from. Vue is very old and desperately needs to be rewritten, ive had so many issues with it. Transitioning to Unreal game editor. Sweet software, I dont have near as many assets for it but can create my own meshes to import as well as textures. Havent gotten far in it but when i learn lighting atmospheres and postwork will be able to get lost in it. The biggest advantage being able to create a space in 3d that people can download and walk around in :)

Sorry to hear so many bad things have happened to you and your family, Dimeolas. I hope you are able to pull through the difficult times and that your art can aid the passage. Thanks for coming back to visit.
    This space intentionally left blank

Good to see you're still around my friend and thank you. I admit the first was the worst ive yet dealt with in life. But will make it. Have some new things coming artwise. I'm an artist, just never learned to be very good. But it will be there til its my time to go. :)

Name:	33_by_dimeolas7-dc9uae8.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	20703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calm_by_dimeolas7-dc3x1iv.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	20704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testingnorth_by_dimeolas7-dc7pz1l.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	20705

aight pretty much up to date. the map is a style test using Inkarnate and Photoshop to use in my story Paths of Glory. Have a couple different styles to test, Any advice appreciated. I'm not a writer but want to put the ideas for my story world out there, theyre fun at least.

Name:	0430.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	20707

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Welcome back my friend.

Love the last one, a calm atmospheric piece. Got a blanket? I wanna take a nap there.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thx, not many old faces left :) Hope you're doing well. I should remember to give you a chair and a jug :)

Name:	0505a.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	20756

Name:	0504b_by_dimeolas7-dcaoago.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	20757
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0430_by_dimeolas7-dca9crl.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	20758  

Yes sir, thats one thing thats always bugged me about poser, unrealisric armor. I enjoy the fantasy illustrators greatly and do such at times but I want real more often than not.

...aight sorry but cant seem to find the way to upload a pic like it used to. And sorry i'm not here anymore, life is just too much. Last october I was sick for a month but didnt need surgery, had a tooth shatter and after getting it cut out worked two weeks straight. My next day off my dad had a stroke so he was in trhe hospital then rehab. A week after dad went in Mom collapsed but got her home ok after a day and a half. Dad was completely out of it for alot of rehab and fought it all the way. new years eve I had enough of a bullshit job and walked out. best damn thing I ever did. Decided i wanted out of retail and into IT. Mom was showing dementia and dad was just plain crazy after we got him home, he had really changed. I struggled taking care of them and trying to study. I found is harder when you're older. Quite unexpectedly Mom passed april 13th. I think she had had a stroke or strokes and looking back I had missed the signs. We took her to the doc instead of the ER, and altho she was a fighter she passed away in the exam room. I held her hand. I've lost people I love and it was never anything like this. Thank God my best friend talked to me every day and got me to a better place. So I'm studing for my A+ certification. Dad has had a stroke, has parkinsons and has started sleeping alot. he has bad and good days but he is 91 and Iunderstand that he can go anytime. I never know if when he sleeps if he will wake up.

As far as me, I will have to work again and it cant be retail mgt for many reasons. I love computers and am fairly handy with em. I dont know if I have two years grace for a assoc degree so figure can get the cert in a year tops and try and start working.

Vue no longer works, so no art outlet there. Have been so many rounds with tech and the community mgr and googled and wasted so uch time. reinstalled so many times, tried on 3 diff computers. Finally the community mgr basically told me im too stupid to run the software. When I get a few moments I work on Unreal. Im afraid I dont do much 3d anymore. ave terrific trouble focusing and remembering. When I use it many times its stuck like glue, but til then....

TMI, yea I know. But I havent been around and ive always appreciated the community here. I dont play TW anymore. Just no time, cant seem to focus on one thing long enough I guess. If I can figure out how to post a pic will load some Unreal stuff on here. Otherwise you guys take good care of yourselves.

Wow, you've had a really tough year. So sorry to hear about your parents, but glad you had/have a true friend there to help you through. Retail sucks as a job in so many ways, and you couldn't pay me enough to be a manager in retail, so good on you for freeing yourself from that situation. I hope you are able to get through these difficult times in the best way possible and move on to a better life. Until then, pop in here when time and desire allow - you don't need to come bearing artwork either. Wishing you all the best and the all the strength you need.

As for the images, you should be able to use the "Insert Images" button in the tool bar (button not available in "Quick Reply" though). In the window that comes up, select the "From Computer" tab and then "Browse" if the image file is on your computer or the "From URL" if you have it stored online. If there is another way to upload images, I've not used it.

Thanks old friend. I pray you and yours are well. Here's a couple from testing in Unreal

Name:	dim1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	21084

Name:	dim2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	21085

Unreal is very deep and fun. At this time am working on the lighting and atmosphere. My wish is that i can work in IT the rest of my life. I dont need anything fancy in life, just quiet and safety and freedom to create.
    take care.
    In all honesty I dont understand life anymore. I had moved back 3 and a half years ago and it benefitted everyone. I clued in that Mom had some issues and dad said it was dementia, but she was fine doing life. just acted more like a child and forgot how to cook eventually. But she was the sweetest person ever and I miss her dearly. Dad wasnt as bad but I started cluing in that he had issues also, he would sometimes have a little fit and then return to normal. Now I see it clearly. Mom had told me over and over that she was glad I was here. And I was damn happy I quit my job, if even only because that gave me more time to spend with her. I wish it could have been more, i wish i could have understood what was happening and made her life more comfortable at the end and maybe we could have saved her.
    I understand the family isnt necassarily born to you. My best friend is more family than anyone who is left now. My dad looks at me as the Houseboy and the agreement (?) of my staying here is that I take care of the house. And here I thought I was taking care of him cause I loved him. Too bad thats not how he feels.
    Now you see my low point. Mom said she couldnt have made it thru dads stroke without me. For that I gladly accept everything that has happened in life. I know my dad would be so lost if I wasnt here and would have probably already passed. So I will do the best I can. never knowing if each day will be the one that tragically changes life. Wasn't that the same in medieval Japan. Start every day by stepping into your coffin. Die to self. Aight thats quite enough of that. When i get some art done will post for ya,
    Take care
    Last edited by Dimeola; 09-05-2018 at 02:04.

Name:	mountains_by_dimeolas7-dcmjj5b.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	21135
    getting Vue to run on the desktop, about half functionality, a little dark

The image may be a little dark, but it is still a wonderfully magical one.

I used to ask the Vue gurus how they got their wonderfull light and all they would say is that Vue lights just like nature so.....but they didnt wish to give away secrets. Overall as far as I can do the lighting is very primitive. Maya on the other hand has a good lighting in that you have total control. Downside is you have to know what youre doing and is time-consuming. Unreal can do total realism if you know your stuff. Theres a video of a guy building an outdoor scene. Real nice scene and at one point he flips a switch/setting and the lighting improves 1000 fold yet he doesnt say what he did and can't see what he did. Lol. Epic games are wonderfull people. They have their software for free unless you make money with it. They give away alot of free resources. Tons of training. But like many companies forget the gap of knowledge at the beginning. IF I get the chance one day I will fill that gap for newbs like me.

I hadnt really done much artwork this year and thats a reason why i'm so out of sorts. Am determined to do something every day, a tutorial, play with lighting, something.

Take good care my friend,

Members thankful for this post (2):

I always thought your use of light was one of the things that made your images so atmospheric and amazing.

Thx, light is what gets it for me, always has. The way it falls across everything and shows texture and surface. The way it brings out emotion and joy.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast