Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Default Re: Dimeola's Digital Sketch-Book

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (140).png 
Views:	286 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	15915
    just a quick screen of a sword wip...funny how you think you know what things look like and how they are made but when it comes down to detail and building em its a whole new ballgame. How we do take so much for granted.

Same applies to what you do. Your project and work-in-progress pictures give a whole new appreciation to the complexity of the art.
    This space intentionally left blank

yep, what amazes me is how much goes into concept, modelling, texturing (omg), rigging, lighting, animating...its crazy lol. Those guys who work for a small company and do several things are my heroes :)

Name:	h1.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	15917

Member thankful for this post:

Name:	sword1.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	15918

Name:	111.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	15986
    ...had to play in vue for a change...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Name:	H3.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	16011
    Hammer...just looking at things from google that are interesting...

Name:	map10k.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	816.5 KB 
ID:	16272

a quick wip on my worldmap...found a free in beta mapmaker called inkarnate
    www.inkarnate.com
    very powerfull and easy to use, see youtube for some basic tutorials. Cant wait for this to be finished.

A Nerd 

laptop died taking everything with it, loading a new Asus and getting organized :(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Pv...E9U-0eSojXLhXW

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	339 
Size:	783.0 KB 
ID:	16462

latest project, class starts end of month Intro to Lighting

sadly no free time, class takes all my free time. School approach seems to be to provide a minimal teaching then expect us to figure it out and find tutorials. Wasting huge amounts of time trying to figure out why things don't work, thinking I wont be continuing after this term, heh after tonight. Seems to me have waited too long in life, suffering so poorly from lack of color theory, composition , skills in zbrush...mebbe all I am is a hobbyist after all.

Have you talked to the teacher/prof/instructor about this? Either they are incompetent or there are some assumed prerequisites you are missing. I'd hate to see you give up on this - you've got more than hobbyist talent.

thx brother, the guys who instruct generally dont know how to teach. They are very good in their field but tend to assume we know the basics. The last several projects are photoshop heavy, skills I dont have. I told him this and that it never mentioned needing this, he said he would demonstrate it in class. He demonstrated how to do it in Nuke, some very powerfull but intricate software. I bumbled thru with PS but it wasnt pretty. Alot of what we need in ps involves painting skills, painting and other things that take time to develop. Oh well...heres the final, to animate 15 frames or more, I lit and animated the room...enjoy. Taking next term off cause am so damn frustrated and ticked im restraining meself from telling the school off. I will be sending a very progfesional evaluation of my four classes so far. Another thing that kills me is that we have only seen one grade of 5 assignments.
    The killer of that room is that he wants lightrays added in ps in every frame of course. Which I can do one frame easy but to do every one they have to look the same, not happenin lol. Going to finish up, play some games and modle some stuff ive wanted to do for awhile and finish that map and work on my world.
    Oh and the other kicker in this class was that he exxpected us to look up alot of it online, working full time and wandering around the net looking for answers on beginner stuff he should teach ...dont likes it.

Anyway, not going to give up but may find another school, Thanks for always lookin and have a very Merry Christmas....

Name:	bt10-Luttrell-Scott-350-20151201115516.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	562.2 KB 
ID:	17095

Name:	608de304-19f7-4c90-b833-de823c37fe69.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	17121

This is the state of the map, need to add a few things and finish, used Inkarnate from website of the same name, yet to allow larger sizes....

Beskar 

That map looks great!

Name:	bt10-Luttrell-Scott-350-20151201115516.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	562.2 KB 
ID:	17147
    frames of the entire scene, he gave me an 'a', go figure. Thx Gregoshi and my other friends here, have a very Merry Christmas. Going to make some time to do some landscapes again and model architecture. Map- need toadd the cities and a few other things. Work is insane and family coming to town in a couple days but then its time to finish map. Ya all take good care.

...It is with a sad and heavy heart that my Alienware desktop lays dieing. Am trying to save my Poser and other graphics resources, a huge amount. Its 6 years old and has been the best pc ive ever had. Through gaming and graphics its been by my side. may it rest in peace. *pulls .45 and fires off several rounds into the failing drive*

Name:	Screenshot (72).png 
Views:	246 
Size:	963.1 KB 
ID:	17357

my first full figure, blocking in a dwarf warrior, will get the hand and head then do some detailing and add hair and a lil bit of clothes...and an axe

Name:	Screenshot (88).png 
Views:	395 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	17381
    base mesh almost done, not bad for my first altho very sloppy. At this point many would take it into zbrush or mudbox, and detail, bring back into maya and retopologize, but am going to detail what I can in maya to make a toon dwarf,
    speaking of which, autodesk has a character creator, similar to the toon creator in some games. low res is free for student license and med and high can be had for credits...blackdesert mmo due out this year is offering their toon creator a sa download ...and the toons are going to be so sweet. If the game itself looks anything like the toons and it plays well theyre making tons....thinking of doing a preorder so I can get into the last beta in feb...heh nm a preorder, requires paying thru a 'paysafe' card, never heard of it, wonder why they dont do credit cards?
    Last edited by Dimeola; 01-26-2016 at 22:37.

Name:	0215a.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	17558
    in progress from Vue,

Name:	Screenshot (154).png 
Views:	398 
Size:	904.3 KB 
ID:	17559
    just a quick on the dwarf, slapped the other side on and added the fast maya skin...for my first body and third head even tho its crap its not too bad. Downloaded the Unreal4 engine which is free, easy to use, great community, the terrain tools are just like vue, can create assets in maya and bring them in...and yep working on the story world.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	17616
    my afternoon, an axe :)

Name:	49958f0a-5bd7-4955-9bdb-46314444e796.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	17728

the highland forest of Anilah

Name:	1a.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	17770

...just wanted to say thank you for all your support my friends...I owe you this at least. Sadly this term of Environmental Modelling has pointed out that this is, even tho they advertised otherwise, not a school for beginners. Each class seems filled with professionals and people with experience and skills. This term instead of the advertised teaching us to create things it was assumed we could model and he was just teaching how his workflow goes, which is awesome but I need instruction in modelling. I just lack the basics and again sadly when I drop this class and honestly tell them my displeasure will be dropped from school. This was the only one I could afford and get into without a drawing portfolio. I had dropped down to 4 days at work so I could spend more time on school. As my skill level is low it takes all the time I could put into it to get homework done so wasnt having time to draw, study theory etc. I even have been wanting to get into the Unreal4 engine. Anyway lets just say I ransomed life for this and not blaming school, just myself , it didnt work.
    Aight thanks again, been fun. You guys take care.

Sorry to hear that the school is not working out. Please don't end up like Mr. Tanner. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Thank you my friend. Been soul searching. Will try and get a landscape in here again.

Last edited by Dimeola; 05-03-2016 at 19:41.

Name:	qwas2b.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	18162
    delving into the node editor in landscapes, then created an atmo for it.

Name:	Screenshot (379).png 
Views:	187 
Size:	826.3 KB 
ID:	18283
    class project so far....have 3 weeks left and still have to finish making UVs and texturing, organising the files and cleaning up, background and rendering. At a point where just going to do what I can, take my 'F' and look for another school. I do expect to be taught when I pay tuition tho i've been told they dont really do that in school anymore :)

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Looking forward to see one of those beautiful landscape creations of yours - I need a new wallpaper, ya' know.

Keep at it Dimeola!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast