Thread: From Arsacid to.... [RTW2 AAR]

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default From Arsacid to.... [RTW2 AAR]

From Arsacid to.... [RTW2 AAR]
    Prologue

The king's tent.

The boy King, Arsaces, and his kinsman Tiridates looked with curiosity at the colourful goatskin their grizzled uncle rolled across the floor.

"The Greeks call it a map, it is what a bird on high sees, painted on to skin." Timgiratee advised the young men who ruled his tribe. He smiled to himself as Arsaces righted the map, aligning it with the north star and showing he understood at a glance exactly what it represented. Tiridates still looked confused, but he had always been more of a talker than a thinker, and his charisma would compliment his kinsman's intelligence in the battles ahead. Literal battles, and the battle to convince the tribal elders two boys could rule the Parni, never mind the Dahae confederacy.

"I see what it is, uncle. I simply do not see it's use. We are surrounded, our friends to the north, lackeys of the Basileus to the south and east, and the great water to the west. It tells us nothing."

"Indeed my King. I did not intend for you to use it for planning. I intend for you to hang it inside your tent. As your power grows, the colour will spread. First the north, as we tame the Scythians, who think they rival us in horsemanship. Then the east, as the Basileus' power over his satraps wanes, we can step in. Then the south, Parthava will be ours, then... Who knows?"

The boy looked sceptical. "North? You think we should attack the Scythians? Won't that leave us exposed?"

Tiridates jumped in, now that the map was not the topic of conversation, he felt more confident on his place at the discussion. "We have two leaders. Timgiratee or Ekurzakir. We can send one north, with the bulk of our horsemen to tame the Scythians, while the other takes charge of the spearmen to defend the camp. You will have to decide who goes where. Do we send our kinsman, Timgiratee, north with most of our army, and leave our defense to an outsider, or do we trust our army to Ekurzakir, and hope he doesn't use our horsemen to carve out his own Kingdom in Scythia?"

To be continued....

Member thankful for this post:

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: From Arsacid to.... [RTW2 AAR]

Capture points in field battles. Jeebus. If this garbage is patched out I'll continue this at a later date.

What happened? I love your stories! Too many bugs in R2TW?

He probably got sick of bugs and game mechanics.

Can you continue this in EB1 with RS2 environment sub mod?
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    He probably got sick of bugs and game mechanics.

Can you continue this in EB1 with RS2 environment sub mod?
    Don't understand what you mean at all?

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Capture points in field battles. Jeebus. If this garbage is patched out I'll continue this at a later date.
    Feel free to start over again in the Rome 2 section, you'll get more readers there with the game just being released. We can move the AAR to the Mead Hall later on or have a copy or redirect here while it's running.

Quote Originally Posted by mambaman View Post
    Don't understand what you mean at all?
    EB stands for Europa Barbarorum, a total conversion mod that aims for historical accuracy. EB1 is the Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome : Total War. There's also EB II, which stands for Europa Barbarorum II, a mod for Medieval II: Total War. The Europa Barbarorum fora are HERE. The EB II fora HERE.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Thanks Andres-I am finishing off an AAR from S2TW-it's quite old-does no one hang out or read in the Mead Hall anymore?

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

There are a few very loyal people, but most of the action takes place in the TW sections. If we get an influx of new members with Rome II, then eventually some of them will discover the other subfora, but at the moment, you'll get more attention for your TW related writing in the TW single player fora.

A writer wants readers. I've never considered it a problem if a writer publishes his TW related work double on our site, once here and once in the relevant TW forum, for maximal exposure. You can also put an advertisement for e.g. a Rome II AAR in the Rome II single player subforum.

I can duplicate posts, so it's not necessary to do the double posting all by yourself if it's too much hassle (but you're free to do so if you want). Just drop me in a pm in that case. My reaction time could be a bit slow at times, since RL is picking up pace at the moment, but should be able to handle requests within a week.

If you want a link to your AAR on our frontpage, then I can do that too. Just ask.

Last edited by Andres; 09-17-2013 at 10:37.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

so where's the next AAR after all these months !?