Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Clash Of Gods! 3

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Clash Of Gods! 3

political discussion is for the backroom. Don't want that fireball going off in here. :)

also, any warnings of things for me to be horrified about when my turn starts?
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Man how does Silver keep wiping out stacks with just infantry and ballistae At least LC's stacks are varied.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Man how does Silver keep wiping out stacks with just infantry and ballistae At least LC's stacks are varied.
    Late in the summer of 1250, the Turkish garrison abandoned the city of Belgrade in the face of the might of the Empire. Their exact whereabouts unknown our forces entered to city. But there would be no rest as the plaque had already beaten them into it. Our agents found an army in a fort outside Scopia and another inside the castle. Maybe some of those were the missing men?

Believing the road to Belgrade was clear, Captain Erasmus and the 45th Transport Battalion began moving their catapults westerly. As night fell they found the missing Turk army. Outnumbered 4 to 1, with no path of avoiding battle, he did what is expected of every German soldier. He ordered his men into position and waited for the onslaught to begin. Positioning his spearmen and heavy infantry on the far flanks, One archer, one crossbows and the catapult would use their superior range to rain death down on the center of the enemy line. The one spearmen caught the enemy horse archers trying to approach thru the woods and enemy javalinmen were surprised by our lt.men at arms. Enemy unit after enemy unit broke and ran for their lives. Our archers ran out of arrows but drew their swords and attacked the Saracens as they approached. The crossbows held their ground until down to only 20 men were left. Enemy fire arrows lit up the catapults and Captain Erasmus was forced to order his men to make an orderly retreat. Forced to leave 300 captives behind they escaped, knowing their efforts reduced the enemy by over a thousand men, they withdrew.

One hell of a battle deserves a write-up. One unit of cavalry would have won it for me. I've gone back and tried it with autoresolve. Odds were 1:2 The results were way different, with NB losing only 200 men. Of course, that retreat brought my men almost to Belgrade (and possibly safe) while after the fought battle they barely moved away. (Maybe, Nightbringer will honor their gallantry and not attack them this turn??) That's the difference between fought and A/R. We can control a battle better than the AI can. Open field or inside a city, we think, adjust, and adapt as needed. The AI just crunches numbers.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10631

Turks up @Nightbringer

We need some serious victories and to regain some ground if we are to have a chance. IMO Silver has snowballed too hard - there's far too much land to be eaten in that part of the world. Now his production, especially ship building, is off the charts. And tat happened so fast - I rushed up to Italy ASAP after consolidating my starting position yet you guys already had enough ships to sink my navies with the stacks inside. 2 vital stacks for the early war to push for Rome went down, and I haven't been able to recover ground since.

Now silver is eating Africa which means more ports and more gold and more troops. Either we win some battles soon or it's all she wrote IMO.

all good aint up for no discussion. for me this aint about dems vs gop anyway. u know i d just been as stunned if i d seen an -im ready for Jeb- or ready for Bobby sticker in summer 2014. not that strong up about it as for the hillary one probably but whatever. tho im sure neither you nor LC nor Myth dont have a bad feeling when it comes to how brave men went down in the city of bengahzi so thats a non discussion issue really. but yea then again u see how good people are dying in syria, eastern ukraine, western africa and u ll find suffering all around the globe. so yea lets just leave it like that. it is what it is anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    political discussion is for the backroom. Don't want that fireball going off in here. :)

also, any warnings of things for me to be horrified about when my turn starts?
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

i do think my armies are pretty much strong on cav also and honestly i think so far LC really did all the heavy lifting as for ground operations and wiping out enemy armies for team west while i was all about the water pretty much for now. i have this feeling tho that the battle for greece will see much greater involvement of d all of us on the ground and im looking forward to this

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

well i guess heres prove that LC has been the slaughtering machine in cog3 so far. mow mow

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    knowing their efforts reduced the enemy by over a thousand men, they withdrew.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

well i think with fought battles there always is a chance to gain back some serious ground. im more than sure that in cog3 we once again will see that with fought battles one lil mistake means that an entire army could be gone and things could change dramatically. u know we just have to get the distance wrong and suddenly you will find a fort within range of ur siege weapons and that army is dunzo. so well yea i do feel like team east took some hits but u still got a shot to turn the table especially as u now did finally give up on the sea route to italy. honestly i think the only yet biggest mistake was to still opt for the sea route to rome after the first fleet was sunk. i think there was 3 or 4 armies lost one after another on the sea in this game and i guess u had been better of if u d unloaded those armies in thessalia and moved them via land route through greece across the mountains up to the strait between southern italy and northern greece when it was still eastern held and had it ferried across that strait in one turn as i think we ruled the water pretty soon. u know i started producing ships right when i launched the invasion of england so actually i did find d first two fleets of mine to arrive in the med sea entirely built in the british isles and northern france already. tho yea i think it still is a long road to baghdad in this game here and one mistake on our side and a bold move on urs and we are pretty much even again all in a sudden and i think the chance for those sudden turns of tables is what makes fought battle games especially when played with u guys grand. so yea im looking forward with a big smile to even more action in cog3

Turks up @Nightbringer

We need some serious victories and to regain some ground if we are to have a chance. IMO Silver has snowballed too hard - there's far too much land to be eaten in that part of the world. Now his production, especially ship building, is off the charts. And tat happened so fast - I rushed up to Italy ASAP after consolidating my starting position yet you guys already had enough ships to sink my navies with the stacks inside. 2 vital stacks for the early war to push for Rome went down, and I haven't been able to recover ground since.

Now silver is eating Africa which means more ports and more gold and more troops. Either we win some battles soon or it's all she wrote IMO.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

the survivors were not spared. (my impression is that is fair since you can't move after attacking no mater which player you are) aside from that, it likes like siege lines are starting to be established.
    @SilverShield up
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10633
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

u guys packing some major heat there around athens

hre
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/me57td

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Captain Erasmus lives!!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10635
    (Can't touch him next turn. )

Boys I was stuck with no internet for the weekend. I will play my saves tomorrow, it's too late now and I had a 6 hr drive.

Turks up @Nightbringer

The battle for Greece is on! Let's see what you guys have. Egypt has been busy indeed. A few sunk armies only opened the way for more advanced troops!

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Turks up @Nightbringer

guys not that sure really but didnt we kinda agree on refraining from sabotaging buildings in this game dont we just limit assassins to only kill agents in cog. just checked the rules again and did only find a killing rule. so yea didnt we kinda agree on leaving the sabotaging of buildings out this game? just let me know so i could start my turn

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

I'd don't remember myself, but am perfectly fine with that being a rule. I know i haven't done it yet.

you know the thing is that my siege workshop in naples got sabotaged and its more than 2k to reassemble that thing. thats some money kinda.so aint up for that really. but yea guess it s best if i ll just start doing my turn now as i got some time right now. think i could just be rewarded the 2k+ for getting this workshop moving again if it was wrong that the thing did get wasted
    Last edited by SilverShield; 08-21-2014 at 19:45.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

at last this season did see a break through ending the recent stalemate in this game. i think this round shattered the status quo and will have changed the game for good. at last. although i just hate siege battles.its just too many casualties .that just aint fun. u know that battle for that egyptian fort in the south really was on the edge. took a lot of my men. way too many. and it was just after i brought in the final 2 reserve units that it turned in my favor. that was an almost lost. but still i feel like this round was significant for the west on the road to baghdad

hre
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/db1nii
    Last edited by SilverShield; 08-22-2014 at 20:04.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

There are two rules for assassins which I use. 1 is to do their action on the first turn of the game to prevent loading abuse. The second is to not allow them to off family members (which I did, sorry!)

I did sabotage your siege works in Naples but I don't think we ever limited this action. If LC agrees to it being a rule I'm not opposed to it and I'll add 2000 florins to your account ingame.

BTW I'm off to the beach until next Sunday so NB will have to sub Egypt.

Since everyone appears to like the "no sabotaging" rule, I'm for it. I've killed some agents but haven't done any damage anywhere I think.

The sight of those pretty blue flags in Greece warms the Emperor's heart. In the north, the battle for control of Raska province was long and bloody (TWO FREAKIN' HOURS! not including a lunch break). The Empire's Militamen rose to the occasion continuing to fight the entrenched Turkish infidels even after their general fell. As the day neared a close our reserve units reached the fort and threw themselves into the remaining Turks securing our victory.

Whatever idiot decided stone forts with boiling oil for 500 florins would be a good part of this mod, needs to be dunked in that oil.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10652

I hate stone forts too! And I hate the high tier citadels that have two gates and it takes 50 trebuchet stones just to reach the inner courtyard...

good thing kinda u guys didnt already play ur turns. u know my access to the internet had been down to an old school modem back from the 90s last week. those canucks

i just hate siege battles all in all. i prefer field battles to anything siege

alright so its a no sabotaging rule then. think best off that way
    Last edited by SilverShield; 09-03-2014 at 19:31.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    not including a lunch break).
    u know i always feel like having waffles when im taking a break in between battles. no idea why but yea i like that theres a waffle house down the block

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Added 2000 gold to France so Silver can rebuild the siege works.

Turks up @Nightbringer

that's quite a fleet you've got there by Athens, not quite sure I like it there...
    france up! @SilverShield
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_...d=279&id=10657

u could find me feeling like Agamemnon now

hre
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/jtd5xp

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast