Thread: Up For Some EB Online

Default Up For Some EB Online

Hello fellow MPers,

I've finally joined the EB Hamachi network which seems inactive except for one person who never responds to me.

I'm up for 1v1 battles from GMT -4 1pm for an hour and 6pm for an hour. (US East Coast)

Plus I can actually make sure if I installed my second copy of EB correctly w/ patches and edus.

If so I'll be available most of the time listed above.

Of course when I play I'll try to follow the rules in the EB online website.

Cheers,

BroskiDerpman.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

Default Re: Up For Some EB Online

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Hello fellow MPers,

I've finally joined the EB Hamachi network which seems inactive except for one person who never responds to me.

I'm up for 1v1 battles from GMT -4 1pm for an hour and 6pm for an hour. (US East Coast)

Plus I can actually make sure if I installed my second copy of EB correctly w/ patches and edus.

If so I'll be available most of the time listed above.

Of course when I play I'll try to follow the rules in the EB online website.

Cheers,

BroskiDerpman.
    @BroskiDerpman
    We could play.
    Last edited by Vlixes; 11-21-2013 at 04:36.
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

Drats, just when I deinstalled EB.

I'll go find some time to install it.

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Id like to play some mp as well, but my schedule is a bit hectic

4x
    1x

I asked somebody on Hamachi on which order to install MP files, the person said that there was no order and it screwed up my multiplayer compatibility.

I know where to get the files, I just need to know the order to install MP patches, which directory installer should point at, etc. Perhaps I need to know which specific files that I need to get.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 11-23-2013 at 20:56.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I asked somebody on Hamachi on which order to install MP files, the person said that there was no order and it screwed up my multiplayer compatibility.

I know where to get the files, I just need to know the order to install MP patches, which directory installer should point at, etc. Perhaps I need to know which specific files that I need to get.
    There is no order to it. An easy mistake to make though is to download the file that says Vanilla EB MP EDU and install that which you shouldn't. That one's a backup file there in case you want to restore to the original MP EDU version which we don't use. It is a bit strange that Vartan decided to put the original backup together with the modified files whilst hiding the modified EDU away in a folder but that's the way it is. The actual EDU you want to download and install to play MP is the 3.4 version found in the EBO MP EDU folder (together with a lot of older versions you need not worry about, I assume they are there for documentation and if you want to watch a replay that used that EDU).

All of them should be installed to the Rome directory. I.e. if your path looks like this C:\Games\Rome - Total War\EB\... you should install it to C:\Games\Rome - Total War.

The only files that are absolutely necessary are the EBO EDU 3.4 and the 1.2 fixes, though the fixes are just all the official ones put together. If you already have them installed you don't need it but it won't hurt to get them again if you're not sure. The load replay mod is necessary if you want to watch replays of mp battles, but the quotes fixes I would advice against. It's not necessary in any way, just flavour, and it seems to cause crashes now and again.

Member thankful for this post:

Thanks TCV.

Everything makes sense now.

Thanks for the notes TCV. Under Getting Started, I have made links for the required downloads such that you do not need to visit the Downloads page to even get those files. The downloads page file browser now lists those very same necessary files on the home directory, and you do not have any misc or misleading files there. Thanks!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Thanks TCV.

Everything makes sense now.
    Excellent. Look me up Hamachi if you ever want a game (or two).

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Thanks for the notes TCV. Under Getting Started, I have made links for the required downloads such that you do not need to visit the Downloads page to even get those files. The downloads page file browser now lists those very same necessary files on the home directory, and you do not have any misc or misleading files there. Thanks!
    Thank you for being such an excellent and reliable host.

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

Now, a @Brave Brave Sir Robin ought to clean a bit the Hamachi room...
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

I'm a bit lazy on reinstalling but I'll get it done...

Eventually that is.

I'm going to install tomorrow; I'm such an procrastinator.