Thread: Gustave's carthaginian shields

Default Gustave's carthaginian shields

(copy-paste of my post at TWC )

Hello all,
    I was a bit disappointed by Rome 2's carthaginian shields, compared to the other major factions they look kind of bland. So I decided to use some of the shields I made for Europa Barbarorum 2, a few years ago, to improve them. I really enjoy working on Rome 2's engine, the variations system is nice, so instead of simply porting the EB2's shields I created a lot of new ones as well. The goal is to make the carthaginians look better and more colorful, especially their elite units. The designs are all inspired from historical sources such as coins, reliefs and monuments.
    All credit for the historical research goes to the EB2 team’s historians, and especially Paullus.

Please note that I don’t give the permission to use this mod in other mods or mod compilations
    The reason is simple : I created this stuff for Eb2 at first and I was not supposed to share it at all. So as long as EB2 isn’t publicly released I don’t allow these textures to be used elsewhere. Sorry for that.
    Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you encounter problems with the mod.

Some pics :

All the shields :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sacred band

Carthaginian hoplites

Libyan hoplites

Libyan peltasts and libyan late infantry

African phalanx

Cavalry

I suggest using Athalwulf's Natural Dyes mod, which makes the carthaginian units look better and more realistic !

Installation :
    Simply put the Gustave_Carthage_v3.pack file in your data folder (Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data), and use Mod Manager (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager) to activate it.It should be compatible with other mods as long as they don't modify the few units I've worked on. Have fun !

Download link :

DropBox

Rapidshare

Last edited by Gustave; 10-12-2013 at 12:25.

Member thankful for this post:

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default Re: Gustave's carthaginian shields

Very nice! I like em, very diverse and colorful! :)
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Default Re: Gustave's carthaginian shields

Very nice!
    "Après moi le déluge"