Thread: Sad News about Nemea

Member Member Antonivs Silvicola's Avatar
    Lurking in the forests of the Tabletop Mountains...

Default Sad News about Nemea

Sad news about the Nemea games site.
    http://news.msn.com/world/ancient-gr...ic-celebration
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogitas-Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan it.

Default Re: Sad News about Nemea

To be honest thats the first i hear of it. In the light of the recent events in greece the media have been centered in 1 subject and obviously neglected this. Good catch Antonivs Silvicola.
    Dont fight for what you want, fight for what you can have.

Member Member Antonivs Silvicola's Avatar
    Lurking in the forests of the Tabletop Mountains...

Its just sad to see history in this state of neglect. I understand why this happened with the state of Greece and all but its still sad.
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogitas-Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan it.

honestly? the economy has nothing to do with it. There has been neglect on historical sites for decades. Too much bureaucracy and too few ppl interested. Apart from the very well known and obvious sites (Acropolis for examble) most are under maned. Even national museums are mostly open specific times and days. Ofc not to make everything seem black there are many profesionals who do there jobs amiably and museums who operate like clockwork. But political powers seem to have very little, if any, interest in the subject.
    Dont fight for what you want, fight for what you can have.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Sad to hear, as Nemea is a beautiful place and definitely worth visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraklis View Post
    honestly? the economy has nothing to do with it. There has been neglect on historical sites for decades. Too much bureaucracy and too few ppl interested. Apart from the very well known and obvious sites (Acropolis for examble) most are under maned. Even national museums are mostly open specific times and days. Ofc not to make everything seem black there are many profesionals who do there jobs amiably and museums who operate like clockwork. But political powers seem to have very little, if any, interest in the subject.
    Yeah, and then there's stupidity, like the Agora of Athens being closed on Saturday afternoon. Apparently they haven't figured out yet that people who're at work during the week might want to visit the place as well.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

It's not too hopeless, if one could conceivably organize a private enterprise or non-profit group to protect the site. You don't have to depend on the Government, and can more efficiently do the same job. This is especially in light of the neglect by the Government in Greece of the sites in question--including this.

question is: where to start? and would enough people be interested?
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg