Thread: TW Battles

Default TW Battles

Has anyone tried the Android game TW Battles? It is supposedly based on STW2, but I can't really comment on that as I have not played STW2. My own reaction is that it isn't all that great compared to, say STW or MTW, but is OK if you don't have a PC handy.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Default Re: TW Battles

It's a hex based game, a completely different beast from the RTT games of the main series so you cannot really compare.
    The art style and the graphics are decent as is a voice acting. The specializations add some deapth. Building management can be a little tedious at times, but over all I found the game fun and it has saved me from boredom during some long train journeys.
    Definitely worth trying out if you're enjoy hex based games (JFR it is not turn based). The only thing I really disliked were the in game transactions but that's a standard practice in the Android market and you don't really need to use it anyway so....

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.