Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State of the Mod Address, Fall 2013: We're Almost There

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Default Re: State of the Mod Address, Fall 2013: We're Almost There

Thankfully we have dispensed with the boring merchant character (and the witches). I can sympathise HopliteLegion. If it makes you feel better my laptop won't run Medieval 2... and yet I am on the development team (which can get pretty annoying for other team members).

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

I really have no idea what went on in this thread in these last 6 to 7 posts...
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Incredible news! An amazing amount of dedication and time have been put into it by all associated with this mod, to be honest even an unrefined version will be extremely welcome.

Good job guys

Yes, please

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Thankfully we have dispensed with the boring merchant character (and the witches)
    To be replaced with an interesting merchant character? I happen to have enjoyed the depth merchants added to the game.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

If this was a Hellas only mod, I would have suggested that witches be exiled statesmen from the previous political party that had fallen out of favor that are trying to incite revolt.

Maybe you could make them an anarchist element or escaped slaves or something. Merchants could be slaves, sent to toil in working the various resources.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    If this was a Hellas only mod, I would have suggested that witches be exiled statesmen from the previous political party that had fallen out of favor that are trying to incite revolt.

Maybe you could make them an anarchist element or escaped slaves or something. Merchants could be slaves, sent to toil in working the various resources.
    You keep your darned slaves off my land!

Merchants could be slaves, sent to toil in working the various resources.
    Or they could just be merchants. Historically speaking, non-merchant trade income reflects taxes on private enterprise while merchants represent state sponsored ventures. Merchants add to the game's accuracy, not detract from it.

Wouldn't work for the Nomads, Celts, Sweboz or Lugiones though.

Ahh why haven't I seen this thread earlier? :) Fantastic news! I am really looking forward to it! Funny thing is that I thought today that I could start a new EB I game with the Seleucids :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Wouldn't work for the Nomads, Celts, Sweboz or Lugiones though.
    It should be possible to mod them out for those factions or make them impossible to recruit. (For instance, requiring two buildings that cannot exist in the same settlement)

How soon?

watch?v=gNIwlRClHsQ

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abou View Post
    And why the hell can't you people just be happy with what you've got?
    I am.

Don't get so upset by someone making troll-like remarks. Trying to stay polite myself I would say there is quite a gap in both language and intelligence causing difficulty in breaking down the problems his request would have. Everyone else here reveres you guys, relax.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    I am.

Don't get so upset by someone making troll-like remarks. Trying to stay polite myself I would say there is quite a gap in both language and intelligence causing difficulty in breaking down the problems his request would have. Everyone else here reveres you guys, relax.

~Fluvius
    Abou is getting so upset because the amount of work the team has put in is hard to appreciate for most people. I helped with EB1 and even though my own contribution was tiny I must have put over 100 hours into it and even though most people appreciated my work it gets really insulting when someone who has contributed nothing criticizes it when they are getting it for free. EB2 is even bigger than EB1 and Abou deserves to let off steam, he and the other team members have laboured on this project for years now. I'm not criticising what you say Fluvius but just let him get it out, he deserves it.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Naginata Samurai since 2001 Member spanakoryzo's Avatar

First of all I'd like to say that I've been a devoted fan of this wonderful mod for years, since the 0.72 days. I am well aware that the team's very busy but could someone maybe post some information on what EBII holds in store for our "precious" Baktria? Apart from laser-mounted velociraptors of course... I mean no disrespect for the celt-fans but I must shamefuly admit that all these years I have found the eastern half of the map far more interesting than the western half.
    ...destruction of the empty spaces is my one and only crime...

Why would you say something so hurtful
    @paullus @abou You would be the gentlemen to answer this I guess?

Well, Baktrian Hippeis and Hippotoxotai are in-game. The hippotoxotai carry lightsabers for secondary weapons, and the hippeis have ninjas who clutch the horses' rib cage and roll out for melee after the charge. Indogreeks will be developed when we have time.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Quote Originally Posted by spanakoryzo View Post
    First of all I'd like to say that I've been a devoted fan of this wonderful mod for years, since the 0.72 days. I am well aware that the team's very busy but could someone maybe post some information on what EBII holds in store for our "precious" Baktria? Apart from laser-mounted velociraptors of course... I mean no disrespect for the celt-fans but I must shamefuly admit that all these years I have found the eastern half of the map far more interesting than the western half.
    In the Sneak peeks topic there are pictures of the Baktrioi Hipotoxotai and of regionals and helenistic troops, some of them will probably be used also by the Baktrioi
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...neak-Peeks-9-9

In the interviews topic there are some info on Arche Seleukia and more pics about Seleukids and regionals (Baktria will probably share some)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...erview-with-10

But yeah, in the first release the team is focused in making factions playable and with just the essential units (regionals and factionals), more diversity will come with future releases, at least that´s what I´ve understood. Also, its been said that not all factions will be developed at the same level on first release so maybe we´ll have to postdone the campain with our favourite faction and start with the also-completely-awesome-other-faction for enjoying the first release at its best.

Naginata Samurai since 2001 Member spanakoryzo's Avatar

For Brennus and his amazing celt-work: I haven't been completely honest with you. Every time I exterminate Rome with the Lusitani I giggle like a 12 year old. Every single time. It never gets old. So maybe I'm not a 100% celt-fan but I most certainly am a huge iberoceltic/paraceltic/italoceltic (lusitani) fan! And to all of the EB team, thank you!
    ...destruction of the empty spaces is my one and only crime...

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by spanakoryzo View Post
    Every time I exterminate Rome with the Lusitani I giggle like a 12 year old. Every single time. It never gets old.
    This, my friend, this!
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 11-13-2013 at 23:16.

Member thankful for this post:

After I had thanked spanakoryzo I just remembered I have done no work on the Lusitani

Hopefully the Arevaci (thanks also to Sarcasm and oudysseos previous work, not to mention the scripters and artists) will add more Iberian fun for you.

As noted in a recent twitter update we are currently discussing options on how to give the Arevaci a unique style of government which, if successful, will make for some challenging gameplay.

How will you be handling the Koinon Hellenon government and "Family Members"?

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Wonderful news. Cant wait.

4x
    1x

This is great news! Keep up the good work, guys!

My prayers have not been invain! Thank God!
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

Any idea if the alpha release will be in December? Normally I wouldn't ask such a question here but this Month is a bit special since I have free time until next semester starts, and I know Christmas time is when a lot of modders like to "surprise" their followers. But honestly is their any hope of this mod's Alpha seeing a December Saturnalia release or should I not have my heart set on it (and no longer check back here every 2 hours)?

It will not be in December, even if we would like to do as a Christmas gift to the fans.
    There's still a bit more work to do and to polish things.

Since the wait was longer than what we hopped we wan't to make it worth the wait.
    That is the reasons we're also changing the vanilla settlements, vegetation, climates and many other.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Thnx for letting me know, as odd as it sounds it's actually a relief to know it won't be coming out this month

I like this idea a lot. If I ever acquire the skills to do it it could be an unofficial sub-mod in the very distant future. The only thing I would add would be non-exile prominent statesmen, family members or generals (what ever works best) which either by traits or certain actions (say wiping out a city's population completely) impacts diplomacy.

Example: Factions could demand the expulsion of or death of this figure as a diplomatic option, failure to do so would prevent coming to a ceasefire, or obtaining trade rights, or something else.

I've been re-reading Thucydides, which is the reason I jumped from witches to statesmen that your enemies despise. I'm thinking specifically of the Spartan demand (before the outbreak of fighting between Athens and Sparta) that the Athenians "drive out the curse of the goddess", which was more or less their way of suggesting the Athenians should exile Pericles and the Athenian counter reply that the Spartans drive out the "curse of the brazen goddess" which was connected with Pausanias (Book 1 Para:126-135). For whatever reason, the ways in which some of the Greeks used their religion as an instrument of foreign policy has always fascinated me (don't get me started with some of the ways an oracle at Delphi feature could be used as a game feature) this one in particular.

Its fun to think about, but I think everyone recognizes the fact that the EB 2 team has had to pass on a thousand of good ideas (most of which are probably better then my own) or else the mod will never be released. I'm excited to see what made the cut, and glad to see its really starting to come together.-Nick.

but do get started i always fancy to read new and interesting subjects

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast