Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Italian-themed Small Mafia (In Play)

Default Re: Italian-themed Small Mafia (In Play)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Ok, logical, so far as it goes, but there is a key problem. In the majority of games in which I have been involved, if a mafioso goes AWOL, his/her partner(s) are allowed to submit the kill. If the the mafiosi forget, or miss the deadline: too bad; but when the mandated killer does not post at all, contingency plans are in place. We know that GH was mafia and active during that period.

As you mention, if there had been kills, the game would be over. The only explanation is that the mafia were somehow prevented from killing. What is the key difference between when there were kills and weren''t: GH had the vegetables. Moreover, why are the vegetables included in the game otherwise? Chekov's gun suggests that they have a purpose. If there is no apparent utility to them, and yet the mafia did not kill when a known mafioso had them...

That leaves an explanation for GH using them twice: think back to your confusion, what did they do? How do they work? It is not such a stretch to imagine that GH thought that he had misused them, or thought that repeated uses might yield different results...

Not the most compelling argument, I admit, but it is the most logical to me.
    Not in every game you are allowed to submit orders for your partner, jarema's game at cfc comes to mind in that respect, were choxorn and me couldn't send orders for our missing partner... so it depends... of the host and the game layout.

You should be a lawyer... I'm confused!!! Gah!

Unvote; vote: jarema if we lost, couldn't see a way to win, if we won, we doens't include me... gah!
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Are these the only remaining players?

4 people left?
    Yeap...

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    I feel like a ping pong ball!

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

DAY SEVEN - ENDGAME

Jarema was lynched. He was Vito Fettuccino.
    Then the mafia calmly turned around and killed Riedquat. No kumquat jam for you!
    He was Marco delle Tagliatelli.

The stuffing-less people had been driven out of town. Stuffed pasta would reign supreme.

MAFIA VICTORY

Dead people who died (12):
    Double A - Lorenzo Mostachiolo.
    dcmort93 - Donato Conchiglio.
    Askthepizzaguy - Anthony Sampietro.
    BSmith - Marco Romano.
    issaikhaan - Stefano Tagliolini.
    Zain - Michele Bucatino.
    a completely inoffensive name - Frederico delle Fusilli e Penne.
    Montmorency - Maurizio Trenette.
    Lux - Dante Pappardello.
    Zack - Sandro Rigatti.
    GeneralHankerchief - Alberto Raviolo.
    Makrell - Santino Orecchietto.
    Jarrrrema - Vito Fettuccino.
    Riedquat -Marco delle Tagliatelli

Living players who are alive (2):
    Darth Feather - Carlo Sorrentino.
    Gaius Scribonius Curio - Mauro delle Cappelletti.
    Last edited by El Barto; 11-27-2013 at 03:39.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Members thankful for this post (3):

Lol! They were 3 jarema! Well played DF, and you GSC are wonderful!

Now Bartito, tell me how on earth this was easy to get?

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Mafia:
    General Hankerchief - Signor Alberto Raviolo.
    TheLastDays - Signor Mauro delle Cappelletti.
    Darth Feather - Signor Carlo Sorrentino.

Survivors:
    Askthepizzaguy - Anthony Sampietro
    BSmith - Marco Romano

Innocents:
    Zaccino - Sandro Rigatti
    Riedquat - Marco delle Tagliatelli
    Double A - Lorenzo Mostachiolo
    Montmorency - Maurizio Trenette
    Jarrema - Vito Fettuccino
    Zain - Michele Bucatino
    Makrell - Santino Orecchietto
    a completely innocent name - Frederico delle fusilli e penne (original bag carrier)
    Lux - Dante Pappardello
    issaikhaan - Stefano Tagliolini
    dcmort93 - Donato Conchiglio
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Woohoo! Stuffed pasta reigns supreme.

@Riedquat, to answer your question, as soon as we realized the bag blocked whoever held onto it, we were going to have to do some maneuvering. Feather came up with the idea to frame Zack, I decided to sacrifice a second night's kill to take the bag again in order to basically sow confusion (and judging by your last few posts, it worked ). At the same time, we decided to play the lynch phase by ear, basically dependent on which way you swung. The goal was to basically make Feather's and Curio's votes on me early and decisive and, if need be, they would have flipped had you gone for Makrell. In the end, there was enough separation that went on to cruise to victory this last round.

Mafia QT:
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/PLnAL3QMiAwV3

Well played everyone, especially my stuffed pasta buddies Darth Feather and Gaius Scribonius Curio, with a special tip of the hat to TLD for his steady hand in the beginning before he went inactive. Couldn't have asked for a better team.

Thanks for hosting El Barto!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Thanks to El Barto for an entertaining game, especially for subbing me back in after RL forced me out to begin with.

Thanks, and big 'well-played' to Darth Feather, GeneralHankerchief, and TheLastDays for putting the team in a position where I did not really have to much.

Finally, thanks to everyone else for playing, especially Riedquat for being so obliging...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Not a fan of games with no reveals, but good game nonetheless.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

So, how did spending time getting rid of the two survivors work out for town?

Just wondering.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

lol

good game mafia.

@ El Barto: well, the clues you gave us... hard to read :D

Even if one of DF or GSC was town, lynching Jarema isn't the smartest move. He almost always survives to lylo, because his townie game is weaker then his mafia game, which is easy to spot, because he puts in far more effort into the mafia game.

If Jarema's defence consists of very little, it is very likely that he is town.

I mean, it doesn't matter in this situation, but in future, Jarema has very clear town and scum tells.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Even if one of DF or GSC was town, lynching Jarema isn't the smartest move. He almost always survives to lylo, because his townie game is weaker then his mafia game, which is easy to spot, because he puts in far more effort into the mafia game.

If Jarema's defence consists of very little, it is very likely that he is town.

I mean, it doesn't matter in this situation, but in future, Jarema has very clear town and scum tells.
    yeah, I promise I will try to defend myself more as a town
    (really)

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Thanks El Barto for your enjoyable game

Also I would like to thank my scumbuddy's TLD, GH and GSC

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by riedquat
    Ok, going back to the beginning, if the mafia didn't miss two kills this game would be over, what had GH different to anyone else so far? He was stuffed pasta! So again, here I am with a big what if...
    Why the lack of kills? because the killer was inactive, what better way to avoid suspicion over himself than voting his partner?

Vote: GSC
    Great guesswork. Even with only one mafia dead you guessed the clue in the mafia teamname. If we had full namereveals early-on, you would probably have found out the scumbags.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

GOOD GAME

Seems lack of curiosity killed the town.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Woohoo! Stuffed pasta reigns supreme.

@Riedquat, to answer your question, as soon as we realized the bag blocked whoever held onto it, we were going to have to do some maneuvering. Feather came up with the idea to frame Zack, I decided to sacrifice a second night's kill to take the bag again in order to basically sow confusion (and judging by your last few posts, it worked ). At the same time, we decided to play the lynch phase by ear, basically dependent on which way you swung. The goal was to basically make Feather's and Curio's votes on me early and decisive and, if need be, they would have flipped had you gone for Makrell. In the end, there was enough separation that went on to cruise to victory this last round.

Mafia QT:
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/PLnAL3QMiAwV3

Well played everyone, especially my stuffed pasta buddies Darth Feather and Gaius Scribonius Curio, with a special tip of the hat to TLD for his steady hand in the beginning before he went inactive. Couldn't have asked for a better team.

Thanks for hosting El Barto!
    Great plan, but you just could win the same phase you got lynched, of course a great move, but necessary? Or was just to enjoy torturing our weak minds? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Thanks to El Barto for an entertaining game, especially for subbing me back in after RL forced me out to begin with.

Thanks, and big 'well-played' to Darth Feather, GeneralHankerchief, and TheLastDays for putting the team in a position where I did not really have to much.

Finally, thanks to everyone else for playing, especially Riedquat for being so obliging...
    Again, you should be a lawyer... or I need to learn to not pay enough attention when you talk! ;)

lol

good game mafia.

What clues? You got some clues from him?

yeah, I promise I will try to defend myself more as a town
    (really)
    More yet if my paranoia is around! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Great guesswork. Even with only one mafia dead you guessed the clue in the mafia teamname. If we had full namereveals early-on, you would probably have found out the scumbags.
    I got an unintended? clue from El Barto in his result pm to my action with the bag, la bolsa de espinaca...the spinach bag... La mia mamma used to make wonderful ravioli of spinach... sadly it was to late for town...

Great game Barto, thanks for hosting!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Great plan, but you just could win the same phase you got lynched, of course a great move, but necessary? Or was just to enjoy torturing our weak minds? :)
    We didn't want to gamble everything on me surviving that round. I've witnessed enough endgame collapses in my own Mafia series to know that these things are very perilous. It was a lot closer-run than you think, and I think my counterparts can back me up on this.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Not a fan of games with no reveals, but good game nonetheless.
    The reveals were right there, I simply made them hard to find:
    It was really odd noticing that no one tried to look up the surnames. The pasta pattern should've been readable.

The bag was actually a lot of marijuana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    I got an unintended? clue from El Barto in his result pm to my action with the bag, la bolsa de espinaca...the spinach bag... La mia mamma used to make wonderful ravioli of spinach... sadly it was to late for town...

Great game Barto, thanks for hosting!
    I know that kumquat eats, or should eat, a wide variety of pasta. And no i never said anything about any spinach.
    kumquat did send me some hilarious orders while I was offline:

Che todavia no se como funca esto y en un par de horas me piro y no voy a tener tiempo de nada.

Asi que, dependiendo de lo que sean los vegetales estos te paso ordenes?

Si es para bloquear, a Makrell!
    Si es para investigar, a Jarema!
    Si es para convertirme en canelon? Dale pa delante y me convierto en canelon! (mafia=canelon)
    Si es para proteger, tambien a mi!
    Si es para matar, hace cagar a DF...
    Si no hace nada o tengo que cocinarlos para ver que onda, los cocinamos!
    Y si llega a ser alguna otra cosa, no se, random org y a la mierda!

'Hey, I still don't know whow this works and in a couple hours I'm taking off and won't have time to do anything.

So, depending on what these vegetables are, I'll send you some orders?

If it's for blocking: Makrell!
    If it's to investigate: Jarema!
    If it turns me into a cannellono: Full speed ahead and I'll turn into a cannellono! (mafia=cannelloni)
    If it's for protection, also me!
    If it's for killing, make DF bit the dust…
    If it doesn't do anything or I have to cook to see what's up, let's cook it!
    And if it's something else, I don't know, random.org and to hell with it!'

I was going to post the orders but was in doubt because all the profanities my orders contained and you kindly mistranslated!

I had it right with the cannellono without knowing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    So, how did spending time getting rid of the two survivors work out for town?

Just wondering.
    I second this question. Same thing to the Mafia for wasting a kill on me...
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

You should ask the mafia why they killed you, too.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Hey so in the future, if someone says they're a survivor role and refuses to vote, even for his accusers, even to save himself, you guys can at least say "I think you're mafia" or investigate that guy or something before killing them, that's all. I think town didn't put in the effort and truly, truly deserved their loss.

Townies. The most impossible to work with faction in allllllllll of mafia.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112