Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pratia II

Default Re: Pratia II

So either there were a successful block the first night or we have an "every even night" killer.

Or an ~inactive killer :O, Vote: autolycus were absent yesterday.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Autolycus seems the obvious choice right now. Vote: Autolycus

I am leaning towards a protector who protected first night, because a blocker would have been wise to come out. (that is, if it isn't really due to an inactive killer)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

A protection, would have been in the write up, somehow. The killer was inactive, by mechanics, by choice or by circumstances.

I reiterate Atpg petition, come forward and tell us who and what are you.

Clarification for those not reading my mind: to Autolycus!
    Last edited by Riedquat; 10-29-2013 at 14:11. Reason: dumb measurement method implementation
    returning to the shadows.....

Hi guys, I'm Aaron Anduin, son of Areos from the last game and vanilla. I was indeed out of town and afc over the weekend. I had thought this might be a paranoia game, but last night's kill puts a damper on that. Top suspect for me right now is vote: Darth Feather, but that's purely based on bandwagon principles
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Hi guys, I'm Aaron Anduin, son of Areos from the last game and vanilla. I was indeed out of town and afc over the weekend. I had thought this might be a paranoia game, but last night's kill puts a damper on that. Top suspect for me right now is vote: Darth Feather, but that's purely based on bandwagon principles
    No, you aren't Aaron Anduin! Liar! Vote: Autolycus The write up for first day shows your name and Doble A's name and none is Aaron nor Anduin!

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    No, you aren't Aaron Anduin! Liar! Vote: Autolycus The write up for first day shows your name and Doble A's name and none is Aaron nor Anduin!
    I don't think those names have anything to do with the players. Otherwise we could scratch them both from being Hayden Matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    I don't think those names have anything to do with the players. Otherwise we could scratch them both from being Hayden Matthews.
    Cover role? Thought about this, but write ups are really detailed, sadly who can confirm this is Double A, candidate nº 2 ... after all Ryan exist and I suspect the Cpt Johan too

There are three names listed in the write-up as being accused: Logan Adair, Lincoln Harvey, and Ripley Tasker. It is possible those names align with the other three people voted, namely Ishmael, Double A, and Ibn-Khaldun. If one of them shows up, they may be able to speak to this. If so, then if there aren't cover roles, we can clear them, otherwise we can't. Regardless, I am indeed Aaron Anduin, as you'll find out in just a little bit unless this wagon turns around.

Just remembered that I-K is dead, and he wasn't one of those names, and I'm not, so I'm pretty sure the names called out on day 1 mean nothing except that players by those names may exist.

I think you are right and Aaron is in this game.
    Unvote: Vote: Double A where have you been all day?

Unvote; Vote: abstain In all honesty I missed Ripley Tasker...

Gosh... unvote, vote: Double A Care to identify yourself?

There are three names listed in the write-up as being accused: Logan Adair, Lincoln Harvey, and Ripley Tasker. It is possible those names align with the other three people voted, namely Ishmael, Double A, and Ibn-Khaldun. If one of them shows up, they may be able to speak to this. If so, then if there aren't cover roles, we can clear them, otherwise we can't. Regardless, I am indeed Aaron Anduin, as you'll find out in just a little bit unless this wagon turns around.
    You are correct that there were four people voted D1: Double A, autolycus, I-K and Ishmael; and that only three names were called out in the write-up: Logan Adair, Lincoln Harvey and Ripley Tasker. I can confirm that I am Logan Adair. Interestingly, the write-up of I-K's lynching tells us that he was Seth Lanson, who wasn't listed D1. Therefore we have two names not matched to people from the D1 write-up, and I find it unlikely a name was thrown in that doesn't correspond to somebody being voted. To me, this suggests some fibbing going on as a result of a cover role: my vote for autolycus stands.

With that said, confirmation as to who you are would be helpful, Double A.

edse and ferret were also voted that day, although they were unvoted by the end of the day. It is possible that one of them is Lincoln Harvey or Ripley Tasker.

Ishmael, why would I claim a character that I wasn't, if I had a cover of Lincoln Harvey or Ripley Tasker? We've already established that Hayden Matthews is the killer again, so it can't be that I'm worried about getting mentioned in the kill write-ups. I may be lazy, but I'm not stupid.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Just a quick tally:

Double A: 2 (edse, Riedquat)
    autolycus: 2 (Ishmael, Darth Feather)
    Darth Feather: 1 (autolycus)

Non-voting: Double A & Ferret

Voting will end in approximately 5.5 hours. Enjoy!

I am inclined to believe autolycus at the moment. So in the interest of seein him not lynched I will:
    Vote:Double A

edse and ferret were also voted that day, although they were unvoted by the end of the day. It is possible that one of them is Lincoln Harvey or Ripley Tasker.

Ishmael, why would I claim a character that I wasn't, if I had a cover of Lincoln Harvey or Ripley Tasker? We've already established that Hayden Matthews is the killer again, so it can't be that I'm worried about getting mentioned in the kill write-ups. I may be lazy, but I'm not stupid.
    Fair point. I won't be around for the rest of the afternoon to see what Double A has to say if he shows up, so I'll just unvote for now.

unvote.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Round is over, very interesting arguments people! According to the votes, Double A is being lynched. Unfortunately I don't have the energy tonight to do a writeup but I'll do it first thing in the morning. For those of you with night abilities, you may go ahead and pm me.

Thank you for your patience

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    I think you are right and Aaron is in this game.
    Unvote: Vote: Double A where have you been all day?
    School and lynching Kennigit on CFC.

Gosh... unvote, vote: Double A Care to identify yourself?
    Lincoln Continental.

Day Phase 3 Write-up

Lincoln Harvey (Double A) at the time of the witnessing of Manuel Foster's murder was nowhere to be found. People searched high and low for the derelict, to question them and determine who their killer was, and for every passing minute Lincoln Harvey didn't show his face, the masses grew more and more suspicious of him.

Hours went by, small crowds led by social leaders demanding to others for his location but to no avail, the man was gone.

Eventually discovered asleep in an abandoned closet near the South side of the building, his accusers gave him no chance to explain himself. He was drug from him small paradise and into the center of the meeting hall where 209 angry civilians and soldiers alike awaited him.

"Where were you last night? Why were you asleep this late? Why were you isolated in there? Murderer!" bleated out different members of the crowd and finally Ryan hushed them.

"Defend yourself Lincoln, you've been very suspicious, there's over 200 people in here who want your head." He leaned in closer, "You need to be very convincing..."

Lincoln's hands were tied beneath his back, a blood stain and trail on his head from where they hit him to cease his struggling when they drug him in. He was on his knees facing Ryan Cavanaugh, the angry crowd surrounding them patiently waiting.

Lincoln's face went from surprised and shocked, to angry, and finally to emotionless. He gave up, and said nothing.

"Kill him." Ryan gestured to Cpt. Battle, who indicated to one of his soldiers to get the job done. Logan Adair, one of the few remaining Mobilian soldiers still alive, walked slowly over with his silenced military grade Beretta 90 pistol and put the barrel to Lincoln's head. Lincoln closed his eyes, apparently stunned silent, tears collecting on his eyelids.

Logan pulled the trigger, the rebound effect of the shot sent Lincoln's body sailing backwards after an instinctual arching of the dead man's back. His carcass hit the floor, and a blood pool quickly surrounded him.

Ryan Cavanaugh faced the crowd, "Let's hope, for our sakes, he was our murderer." He points and looks at Lincoln's dead body, then looks back, "For our sakes..."

Explanation:

Lynch 2: Townie – Lincoln Harvey (Double A)

Night Phase 3 begins now and will end tonight, Wednesday, at 9:00PM (GMT -5)

Those of you with nighttime abilities, please PM me ASAP. Because this is officially a short round, I will extend the time if not all orders are received on time. Solid deadline would be tomorrow night, Thursday, and 9:00PM.

Also if you have any questions, I'm here.

Edit:

Comment - I hope you players and possible readers are enjoying these write-ups, because I sure am
    Last edited by Zain; 10-30-2013 at 14:43.

Comment: All but one order was already received, but due to the nature of the orders, the last person's isn't necessary. Going ahead with the write-up.

Night Phase 3 Write-up

Ripley Tasker witnessed from afar both lynches and was one of the first to discover the kill by Hayden Matthews. The older man, a drifter who found himself between a Prater army and their target found himself integrated into the population of remnants. He saw the carnage of the battle and he saw the tragedies of three lost lives inside of the compound, and he was bound and determined to get out of Mobile as soon as he could. He dreamed of his people, a small pack of twenty or so other drifters, who lived off of what they found and avoided any and all contact with outside life. He missed this privacy, he missed the trust he had in them, and the security it posed.

Laying to sleep that night the gray bearded man chose to remain in his first spot which was near to the masses but on the outskirts. He knew Lincoln Harvey wasn't the mafia, he also knew Seth Lanson from the day before wasn't either, but his one voice wouldn't be heard over the crowd. Remaining silent, he rested.

He woke suddenly and sat up, looking around. He had heard what he thought was the unsheathing of a knife, but possibly it was a dream... He laid back down after a few minutes of still silence. Staying in a state of stasis, near sleep but still conscious, he became aware of a presence nearing him. He stayed motionless until the presence was close enough to touch, when he sprung up awake to confront the man. He saw him, Hayden Matthews, for just an instant, hooded in black. "Stop! Murderer!" the old man yelled, startling the sleeping crowd. Johan was near him, and came to him, "What is it?"

Ripley looked back in the direction where Hayden had ran, "I saw him, the murderer. He's still alive!"

A small crowd has gathered around Ripley and Johan at this point, Ryan approached him, "You're sure?" Ripley nodded, a wise look in his eyes, grateful for his training. He had not fallen prey to Hayden Matthews today.

Ryan gathered the Mobilian citizens, Ripley Tasker, Johan Battle, and Logan Adair stood up there with him scanning the crowd. Tasker had seen his face, and remained ever vigilant in attempting to identify the murderer.

Ryan began to speak, "Friends, our murderer has been spotted again tonight by this man," He put his hand on Ripley's shoulder. "We must find him and resurrect the peace that we've lost. No one is safe until he is found, and put out of OUR misery!"

Explanation:

Kill attempt on Ripley Tasker.

Day Phase 4 begins now and will end tomorrow, Thursday, at 9:00PM (GMT -5)

edit:

Comment - Another fun write-up
    Last edited by Zain; 10-30-2013 at 16:20.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

I do read the write ups, especially if they are really fun (like Andres write-ups)

Autolycus' reaction seemed genuinely enough, so I will not vote for him.
    I would like to know who is Ripley Tasker as he showed up both in the line of I-K-voters and was attacked last night. Ryan Cavanaugh is most likely edse since he was the first to vote for DoubleA

So probably either Ferret or riedquat.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Haven't really been following this one, but:

Ryan gathered the Mobilian citizens, Ripley Tasker, Johan Battle, and Logan Adair stood up there with him scanning the crowd.
    If these are flavor roles, and are all town, then shouldn't 4 people just reveal now and win the game?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Maybe the scum have a cover role.

Well I will reveal, I am captain Johan Battle.
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 10-30-2013 at 16:47. Reason: typo

Role claims:
    Aaron Anduin: autolycus
    Captain Battle: darth feather
    Logan Adair: ishmael
    ripley tasker:???
    Ryan Cavanaugh: ???

???: riedquat
    ???: edse
    ???: ferret

If there aren't cover roles, claims win here.
    If there are, Ripley claiming still helps us, since he is clearly exonerated.

My name is Michael Engels. I haven't been mentioned in the write-ups yet. But there must be a cover role for Hayden with names appearing so frequently in the write-up. Otherwise 5 people would have been cleared after day 1.

Apparently there was no kill attempt at the first night as a failed one obviously show.

Time to come forward then.

I am Ripley Tasker, which obviously means I'm not scum, given the write up we just had.

But there must surely be cover roles, I doubt the host would make it do easy as just finding out who has the name of the bad guy...

Based on nothing more than a feeling:

Vote: edse

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Maybe the scum have a cover role.

Well I will reveal, I am captain Johan Battle.
    Not time to say much else, but you can call me Ried Cuat if you wish! ;)

Ok, so ferret is definitely cleared and riedquat probably is, since he stopped the lynch. That leaves me, edse, darth feather and ishmael. Ishmael feels off to me. vote: Ishmael until I have time to do a more detailed analysis.

I have mostly a bad feeling about edse. Perhaps it is just cause he isn't mentionned in the write up, but I have a bad feeling about him.

Vote: edse

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast